C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dealership reflashed ECU

Old 07-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
Question Dealership reflashed ECU

Hello my fellow C63ers.

I took my car into the dealership to get a tire fixed that had a nail in it and also decided to get my oil changed. My service adviser new that I had a tune on my car and I explained to him why the CEL was on. Well I picked up the car and noticed that the CEL was off. At first I was, KEWL. They fixed the CEL lol. Then I got to thinking, maybe they just deleted the code like the performance shop did. So I gave them a call when I got home......NOPE they reflashed the mother ****er.

OK, now ive had my car in for service twice and this is my performance grade on them so far. First visit, left the oil cap off and my car spewed oil all over the engine bay and about caught on fire. Second visit, they reflash my ECU when all I wanted was an oil change and to fix the tire.

Next time I go in there I guess im going to have to walk them through the entire service. Take the oil plug out and drain the oil. put plug back in, take oil cap off, put in 9 qts of mobil 1 0 40w synthetic, but cap back on lol.

Oh well, I guess Im not a prisoner of war getting torchered to death, so things could be worse

Oh ya, and Jerry is out of town till July 11th so I have to wait tell then to get my ECU tuned again, UGG.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by CELLryuu
Hello my fellow C63ers.

I took my car into the dealership to get a tire fixed that had a nail in it and also decided to get my oil changed. My service adviser new that I had a tune on my car and I explained to him why the CEL was on. Well I picked up the car and noticed that the CEL was off. At first I was, KEWL. They fixed the CEL lol. Then I got to thinking, maybe they just deleted the code like the performance shop did. So I gave them a call when I got home......NOPE they reflashed the mother ****er.

OK, now ive had my car in for service twice and this is my performance grade on them so far. First visit, left the oil cap off and my car spewed oil all over the engine bay and about caught on fire. Second visit, they reflash my ECU when all I wanted was an oil change and to fix the tire.

Next time I go in there I guess im going to have to walk them through the entire service. Take the oil plug out and drain the oil. put plug back in, take oil cap off, put in 9 qts of mobil 1 0 40w synthetic, but cap back on lol.

Oh well, I guess Im not a prisoner of war getting torchered to death, so things could be worse

Oh ya, and Jerry is out of town till July 11th so I have to wait tell then to get my ECU tuned again, UGG.
Or you could just get your oil changed at a different dealer or not at the dealer at all.

Suck though.. but yay for free reflashs from Jerry.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
let's race

and which dealer?
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2007 X5
Hello my fellow C63ers.

Did you feel a huge performance difference when driving away from the dealership, so that's why you called them back?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:03 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by bluejae
let's race

and which dealer?
Park Place in Fort Worth

Originally Posted by BO Knows
Did you feel a huge performance difference when driving away from the dealership, so that's why you called them back?
Yes, I did feel a difference. I usually get on the throttle pretty good going down a side road out of the dealership and the tires didnt break loose as easily as they would have before.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
What did the service paperwork say?

They have to indicate all work performed on the service document.

If the CEL is on, they read the code, check it and clear it. Usually,
an ECU re-flash is not needed but anything is possible.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Hello my fellow C63ers.

Best advice my SA gave: if you get a cel, have your ECU turned back to stock before going to the dealer.

These guys have protocols and flow charts they follow that have specific instructions at every step. Don't expect them to ignore a cel just because you told them to. I don't think you should ignore it either btw.
I sure am not defending the dealer, just common sense stuff I guess.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Buy a $100 code reader and then you can read and clear the cel before you go to dealer. I can't imagine not owning one if you are going to have tuned files on your car.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by PetroC63
What did the service paperwork say?

They have to indicate all work performed on the service document.
This is what the invoice says:

synthetic oil
filter eleme
mobil 0w40
windshield w
screw plug
ring, general
labor
Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Best advice my SA gave: if you get a cel, have your ECU turned back to stock before going to the dealer.

These guys have protocols and flow charts they follow that have specific instructions at every step. Don't expect them to ignore a cel just because you told them to. I don't think you should ignore it either btw.
I sure am not defending the dealer, just common sense stuff I guess.
well, ive addressed the cel on several occasions and there is nothing i can do about it at the moment. there is nothing wrong with the car, its just a sensitivity issue with the 02 censor P0140.

and yes, i do expect them to ignore a cel because i told them too. and they will be doing that from now on.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
well, ive addressed the cel on several occasions and there is nothing i can do about it at the moment. there is nothing wrong with the car, its just a sensitivity issue with the 02 censor P0140.

and yes, i do expect them to ignore a cel because i told them too. and they will be doing that from now on.
To each his own. I just fear that when a warranty call arises, they may use the history of ignored cels against you.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by cyberorth
To each his own. I just fear that when a warranty call arises, they may use the history of ignored cels against you.
Im trying to address the CEL but there's just nothing I can do about it right now. I have to wait tell mid July to start fiddling with the sensitivity issues with the 02 sensors. Ive discussed it extensively with other members on this forum and the service department at my local dealer and for now, I just have to wait.

as hhughes1 stated "Buy a $100 code reader and then you can read and clear the cel before you go to dealer." This is what I may have to start doing.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
when u called them did they say they reflashed it to OE

when i was emailing back and forth to EC, clint told me that dealers will not know if there is a flash and wont mess with it....
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLE400
This is what the invoice says:

synthetic oil
filter eleme
mobil 0w40
windshield w
screw plug
ring, general
labor
What happened to the 5w40 oil called for by Mercedes?
Time to find a good independent shop with a SDS Diagnostic computer. Ask for recommendations at car shows, the car wash, any where you can find another Mercedes owner. You will typically get more for your money and personal attention at an indy. He wants your return business. The kid changing your oil at the dealer is too busy texting his buddies and girl friend to remember to put your oil filler cap back on And couldn't care less if you darken their door again.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:17 AM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by vdubpower
when u called them did they say they reflashed it to OE

when i was emailing back and forth to EC, clint told me that dealers will not know if there is a flash and wont mess with it....
They just said that they reflashed the ECU.

Originally Posted by GermanCars
What happened to the 5w40 oil called for by Mercedes?
Time to find a good independent shop with a SDS Diagnostic computer. Ask for recommendations at car shows, the car wash, any where you can find another Mercedes owner. You will typically get more for your money and personal attention at an indy. He wants your return business. The kid changing your oil at the dealer is too busy texting his buddies and girl friend to remember to put your oil filler cap back on And couldn't care less if you darken their door again.
Luckily I have one of those that I go to for my performance mods and you are right, they take very good care of me. They are alot farther away but they will save me a lot of headaches.