C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Thinking about buying Status or Recaro seats.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Thinking about buying Status or Recaro seats.

After seeing Suns (BenzoBoi) I was very tempted to actually pull the trigger and buy the XL seat. Too bad my fat *** couldn't fit in those seats (VERY tight fitting) but man they look fuggin AWESOME!!!
I figured it made sense since I do alot of spirited driving and find myself rolling around in the stock seats. Don't get me wrong the stock C63 seats are amazing and I love them, But the main thing Im going for is to be in a more stable, secure seating position.
Im 6'1" 205lbs So i was thinking either Recaro Profi XL seat or a wider status seat.
Any suggestions?
(Im just testing out the waters now but really considering doing this)
Old 07-02-2011, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by _AMG_
After seeing Suns (BenzoBoi) I was very tempted to actually pull the trigger and buy the XL seat. Too bad my fat *** couldn't fit in those seats (VERY tight fitting) but man they look fuggin AWESOME!!!
I figured it made sense since I do alot of spirited driving and find myself rolling around in the stock seats. Don't get me wrong the stock C63 seats are amazing and I love them, But the main thing Im going for is to be in a more stable, secure seating position.
Im 6'1" 205lbs So i was thinking either Recaro Profi XL seat or a wider status seat.
Any suggestions?
(Im just testing out the waters now but really considering doing this)
I had the sparco evo 3, actually found it to big and went to the smaller evo.. Good fit for me!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
I use NRG carbon fiber seats in my race cars. I was 5'10 and 230# and they were super supportive and comfortable. They are also cheap. A set is only $900 shipped from import image in Florida. I never had any issues with them either. I will be putting a set in the C63 BS when it arrives. Good luck on the seat search. There are a ton of options. Br careful of fakes etc. Nothing wrong with fakes or chrapseats, just don't pay premium prices. Oh yeah, the NRG's weighed around 11# if I recall.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Old 07-03-2011, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by dodger63
I had the sparco evo 3, actually found it to big and went to the smaller evo.. Good fit for me!
Thanks for the insight Dodger.
I will definitely put the Sparco evo 3 on my list.
Did you have to make custom mounting brackets or did Sparco have one specifically for the C63?

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
I use NRG carbon fiber seats in my race cars. I was 5'10 and 230# and they were super supportive and comfortable. They are also cheap. A set is only $900 shipped from import image in Florida. I never had any issues with them either. I will be putting a set in the C63 BS when it arrives. Good luck on the seat search. There are a ton of options. Br careful of fakes etc. Nothing wrong with fakes or chrapseats, just don't pay premium prices. Oh yeah, the NRG's weighed around 11# if I recall.
Thank you!!
Just checked out some of they're products, the carbon bucket seats look great (looks similar to Recaro Pole Position) price is awesome!!
This is gonna be a very tough choice.

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
I couldn't resist man!!
Seeing these in your car sealed the deal.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Custom and I think you could get away with the reg evo.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by dodger63
Custom and I think you could get away with the reg evo.
Awesome!
Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
subscribed. I contacted a Recaro dealer and they said Recaro didn't have a solution for the airbag light. They also talk about weight sensors in the stock seats that tell the steering wheel airbag how much force it should deploy with.

You guys with after market seats did you find an airbag sim? If not what sorts of lights are going off on the dash. An airbag light will cause me to fail inspection here in the great state of MA.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:30 AM

2010 C63, 2014 E63
6'1" 205? youre a perfect fit for a ufc fighter. haha. have u seen technorcraft? i think thats pretty nice too
Old 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I was always a firm believer that the C63 seats can truly benefit from being lighter more durable. Don't get me wrong, the current seats are hott and resemble the CLK black, but the Recaros are just awesome. Good Luck _AMG_, whatever you do will always be top notch and tasteful as usual...I have always appreciated your modding and style.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by JeffDL
subscribed. I contacted a Recaro dealer and they said Recaro didn't have a solution for the airbag light. They also talk about weight sensors in the stock seats that tell the steering wheel airbag how much force it should deploy with.

You guys with after market seats did you find an airbag sim? If not what sorts of lights are going off on the dash. An airbag light will cause me to fail inspection here in the great state of MA.
Thanks for the info Jeff.
I was aware that the air bag light would be staying on, but I figure that's a small price to pay given the weight savings of the seat and how you are always in a stationary position.

Originally Posted by jsc1234
6'1" 205? youre a perfect fit for a ufc fighter. haha. have u seen technorcraft? i think thats pretty nice too
Haha Im more of couch potato these days.
I have seen the Technocraft and they look SICK!! But I was leaning towards more Recaro or Status. I even checked out the NRG carbon bucket seats and they look awesome, great price too.

Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
I was always a firm believer that the C63 seats can truly benefit from being lighter more durable. Don't get me wrong, the current seats are hott and resemble the CLK black, but the Recaros are just awesome. Good Luck _AMG_, whatever you do will always be top notch and tasteful as usual...I have always appreciated your modding and style.
Thank you for the kind words sir!
I agree, the C63 could benefit from lighter seats. Im still shopping around to see what would be the best suitable choice.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Dads figured out how to kill the airbag light. I forgot exactly what he said but I'm sure if you asked he would tell..
Old 07-04-2011, 10:20 PM

Supercharged E92 M3
I have the recaro sporster CS ... not exactly the lightest