Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
FBG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63
Service A in Honolulu and the price of dinner out

Aloha Folks,

Who could imagine that you could put on over 10,000 miles on a small island in 9 months? Anyhow, just thought you all might be interested - a service A at the Dealer in Honolulu costs $325.00. I guess it is not a real big deal, that is what cocktails, an average bottle of wine, and dinner at a a nice restaurant costs around here.

Food for thought, perhaps the price of a service A is at parity with the cost of a nice dinner out in the various metropolitian areas. Kind of like the "Big Mac Index."

Anyhow, we don't have many choices and everything takes days and days. If they have to order a part it takes even longer.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'16 Lexus GS F '18 M5
A C63 in Oahu has to be pretty rare, you aware of many others?

Love Oahu, try to visit once or twice a year!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 PM
FBG

2011 C63
Oahu

AMG4rl: Thanks for visiting. Keep it up! we need the tourism.

There seem to be quite a few. In the last few months I have seen two other Iridium Silver ones (one pulled up to the same gas station I was at), 1 x Black, and a titanium greyish one that looked like it had been parked for awhile.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
How did you put that many miles on crusing Kalakaua looking at tourist babes in tiny bikinies. Too bad they changed it to a one way street. It was more fun crusing back and forth.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 07-09-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:40 AM
FBG

2011 C63
Excatly Right

Duane63, you are right on the Kinney popo! I chose to live by family in town and commute to the North Shore. About 60 miles round trip to and from Schofield.

I was driving down Kalakaua this morning and I was thinking that I would'nt mind being stuck in traffic all day. Two way Kalakaua that was like Canlis and the old OCC days! Now it is all Bulgari and Chanel stores.

Today the waves were breaking overhead from Ala Moana to Diamond Head and I was thinking that I gotta find a civilian job because I am not leaving after this tour.

If any of you get back here let me know we can drink MaiTai's and run rampant with coed's from IU or something.

Aloha, a hui ho!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
All this conversation is missing is Duane Dog Chapman.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
I used to live on Oahu myself, and I know how one can rack up miles on the island. I worked on Kaneohe, and lived in Punch Bowl. When your living in paradise that traffic, doesn't matter all the much.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 AM
FBG

2011 C63
H3 to Kaneohe

The "new" road from near the stadium that takes you to Kaneohe is amazing. Long tunnels and very scenic. It is a pretty clean ride as well not too much traffic. Taking the H3 to K-Bay from town is now a lot quicker than going over the Pali.
I am driving from Kahala to Schofield every day and it got to be too much. I just moved to downtown and now will work a few miles away. I will miss the daily drives but will save several hundred dollars a month in gas. Now I can walk to the bars I am good to go!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by FBG
Duane63, you are right on the Kinney popo! I chose to live by family in town and commute to the North Shore. About 60 miles round trip to and from Schofield.

I was driving down Kalakaua this morning and I was thinking that I would'nt mind being stuck in traffic all day. Two way Kalakaua that was like Canlis and the old OCC days! Now it is all Bulgari and Chanel stores.

Today the waves were breaking overhead from Ala Moana to Diamond Head and I was thinking that I gotta find a civilian job because I am not leaving after this tour.

If any of you get back here let me know we can drink MaiTai's and run rampant with coed's from IU or something.

Aloha, a hui ho!
Ya Brah,
I been going back for 40 years hanging with lots of ohana in Kahala. Most of them either moved back to the mainland or outer islands. It was so laid back. No freeway, no shopping malls. You could see the Pink Lady from Kalakaua. My ku`uipo is kama'aina. Her ohana from Makawao and Napili on Maui, so we stay there or go to Kauai (where else can u find 10,000 wild chickens). She's an RN so easy for her to find a job. This old haole boy be lucky to get a job parking cars. She wants some hapa keiki if we move.
Mo bettah you live near bar to suck em up. No drive home. Mo bettah I stay away from bar or have too many hapa keiki.
Aloha, A hui ho.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 07-14-2011 at 04:21 AM.