C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Ever feel like a fun run but can't find any takers?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Ever feel like a fun run but can't find any takers?

So it seems like every time I'm in the mood to play around, there are no takers to be found...sometimes when I get home from work, I just want to jump in the ride and go for a fun run but I can't ever seem to find anyone on the road to dance with...now i'm not talking about street racing, just a spirited follow the leader would suffice, but I can't seem to ever find it. I never initiate anything, but if I'm in the mood and a worthy taker passes me I'll bite on occasion.

Funny thing is that often times when I am in a docile mood, some jerk jumps on my bumper (and it is usually a car with less than half the displacement of my 156) but I can't be bothered with them.

My buddy, on the other hand, bought a Corvette the week after I got my C63 and he can't leave the house without people trying to play tag ANYWHERE he goes. Granted, having a Vette is a calling card of sorts but I do get jealous from time to time when he recounts his spirited runs home from work once a week.

I guess we're just too under the radar for people to notice?
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by BK63amg
So it seems like every time I'm in the mood to play around, there are no takers to be found...sometimes when I get home from work, I just want to jump in the ride and go for a fun run but I can't ever seem to find anyone on the road to dance with...now i'm not talking about street racing, just a spirited follow the leader would suffice, but I can't seem to ever find it. I never initiate anything, but if I'm in the mood and a worthy taker passes me I'll bite on occasion.

Funny thing is that often times when I am in a docile mood, some jerk jumps on my bumper (and it is usually a car with less than half the displacement of my 156) but I can't be bothered with them.

My buddy, on the other hand, bought a Corvette the week after I got my C63 and he can't leave the house without people trying to play tag ANYWHERE he goes. Granted, having a Vette is a calling card of sorts but I do get jealous from time to time when he recounts his spirited runs home from work once a week.

Most people just run from me. They weave in and out of traffic like retards. They simply can get away fast enough. I take this as weakness knowing they would get beat.

Sometimes I feel we are off the radar. Nothing a quick engine rev cant resolve. If you wanna race in this car on the street you have to make it known. Pull up next to someone and give it a good 4K rev. That should do it.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8

The informed notice. Just had a fun run with a Maserati Quatro GTS and an M5 for about 10 miles. Nice guys, just took turns leading quick blast to the century plus mark. Had to back off as the fast and furious crowd keep wanting to join in and attract too much attention not to mention their somewhat suicidal driving abilities. As for "being under the radar", it worked. We all hit the binders at the same time near a CHP on an overpass and watched a Honda go blowing by and take a bullet for us.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 07-14-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
The informed notice. Just had a fun run with a Maserati Quatro GTS and an M5 for about 10 miles. Nice guys, just took turns leading quick blast to the century plus mark. Had to back off as the fast and furious crowd keep wanting to join in and attract too much attention not to mention their somewhat suicidal driving abilities.
Now THIS is what I'm talking about!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by propain
Most people just run from me. They weave in and out of traffic like retards. They simply can get away fast enough. I take this as weakness knowing they would get beat.

Sometimes I feel we are off the radar. Nothing a quick engine rev cant resolve. If you wanna race in this car on the street you have to make it known. Pull up next to someone and give it a good 4K rev. That should do it.
Yeah I guess you're right! It was always easy for me to find takers when I had my G35 coupe...guess it's an image/appeal thing!

I also suspect that those in the know, know it's smarter to leave well enough alone when the see me
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
I am assuming you have 2 different scenarios here:

1.) They don't know what you have and feel like it may be a waste of time to play with a 4 door sedan

2.) They know EXACTLY what kind of monster you have chained up under the hood and don't want to get their *** handed to them
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
We can meet up and play on the BQE or Belt Parkway.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
We can meet up and play on the BQE or Belt Parkway.
Well seeing as how we drive the same car the outcome might be less exciting lol besides I've cracked too many rims on the BQE...FWIW, I am on the BQE 3-5 times per week and the belt fairly often as well and I've never encountered another C63 on the road.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
We all hit the binders at the same time near a CHP on an overpass and watched a Honda go blowing by and take a bullet for us.
LOL, too funny!

BTW, I've recently complemented my C63 with a 911, and I partly blame you for that.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I'm in
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
The informed notice. Just had a fun run with a Maserati Quatro GTS and an M5 for about 10 miles. Nice guys, just took turns leading quick blast to the century plus mark. Had to back off as the fast and furious crowd keep wanting to join in and attract too much attention not to mention their somewhat suicidal driving abilities. As for "being under the radar", it worked. We all hit the binders at the same time near a CHP on an overpass and watched a Honda go blowing by and take a bullet for us.
Cool story.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
I am assuming you have 2 different scenarios here:

1.) They don't know what you have and feel like it may be a waste of time to play with a 4 door sedan

2.) They know EXACTLY what kind of monster you have chained up under the hood and don't want to get their *** handed to them

^^^This!

People rarely ever mess with me because one, they have no idea what this car is. "What is that, a C300?" "How much does that cost, $35,000?" Those were actual phrases that people have asked me about my car.

Or, the people who do know, they're well-informed on what this car can do, especially, with tunes and/or headers (which are totally stealth and inconspicuous to others until they see/hear you overtake them). So, they either leave me the heck alone, or just pace me until one of us exits. The ones who do know and are in "high end" cars like 911T's, GTRs, M5's, and Z06's, usually ignore me because, well, street-racing is ....unless we're in Mexico.

I've actually never had any "rice-rocket" mess with me because, quite frankly, I don't think they know anything other than the JDM's, muscles, and the P's, F's, and M-cars.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
LOL, too funny!

BTW, I've recently complemented my C63 with a 911, and I partly blame you for that.
I accept full blame and I'm awaiting my commission check from Stuttgart.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
So an Audi Q7 with the S line package tried to bully me coming out of a toll booth tonight (two lanes merging into one), needless to say, he didn't expect what he heard or experienced lol...good looking truck tho!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG GLC63. Audi R8
So an Audi Q7 with the S line package tried to bully me coming out of a toll booth tonight (two lanes merging into one), needless to say, he didn't expect what he heard or experienced lol...good looking truck tho!
I like the sleeper look of the C63 when needed. Getting a Q7, or Turbo Cayanne to follow into a corner with too much speed is fun to watch in the rear view mirror too. Most Audi's and BMW coupe/saloons will take the bait as will most n/a Porsches esp Boxsters and Caymans as soon as they see the quad pipes. Lambo's and Ferrari's won't even look at you. (It's a your car doesn't cost enough money thing.) The GTRs like to play stealth and wait in the weeds too. The rest of the fast and furious crowd will run against anything. I have as much fun in the Turbo Porsche doing 5-10 second freeway pulls against Japanese super bikes and Ducatis. Yah I get beat but they are fun as hell to run against and the riders are real gentlemen.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 07-15-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:15 AM

E63 S
Try southern NE. It seems every Maxima with an exhaust tip wants to run with me.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:51 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
The best "fun run" I've had was with an M3. Otherwise, it's usually Hondas (), American makes, or motorcycles. I've only found one AMG who played, and never a Porsche. But I've only had the C63 for a few months, so there will surely be more opportunities, and I'm not afraid to initiate if the road conditions and other driver are suitable.

Last edited by IAA-C63; 07-15-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
How did you manage against the M5?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:00 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jycke
How did you manage against the M5?
I've ran an M5 in Mexico from 35, 45, and 55 to about 145-155, but i swear at around 155 i looked down and saw the mph read 156. I'm almost positive my limiter should be 155, But at those speeds I only peeked for a split second before letting off, But I know I saw 156mph. He had an exhaust and from every roll i had him by around 1 car length or maybe more at times til about 135-140 he started pulling me by 1/2 - 1 car until I let off at around 155.

Seriously though I was really surprised I was even ahead til those speeds, But goshdamn the M5 has topend. With a tune I guarantee a win. I guess the M5 has a higher limiter than our cars b/c the thing was still pulling past 155.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I get the most attempts from other merc drivers or BMW drivers. Most people don't know what the car is. Had a cocky sl550 driver just jump me at a light unexpectedly, they took off while i casually moved from the light...they slowed down and i caught up to them with their top down, pulled up next to them and threw a rev and they were just like "what?? What is that thing?"
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 AM

2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport

Funny thing is that there are certain cars that will do it, and others won’t. For example: every Subaru Impreza does the “spirited follow the leader”. Or tries to race you. However, very few Maseratis do. I guess the personality of the driver (together with the wallet, of course) plays a vital role when you are searching for performance cars. People with similar personality buy the same / similar cars. Sounds obvious, but I find it curious.

I sometimes find it hard to do the spirited runs with the AMG too. When I had the E46 M3, this would happen with much more frequency. To my buddy that has a 911 Turbo, it happens almost everyday.

Another factor – disregarding the car – is that people are often more stressed during weekdays, going to or back from work. So its harder to do the spirited runs. In the weekends, by the end of the afternoon or right before lunch are the best hours…
Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 AM

2008 C63
Guys, if you want more people to do fun runs with, make a noticeable modification (rims, cf hood/trunk, jdm slanty exhaust... well maybe not that one) and it'll happen... a lot. People that modify their vehicles are more likely to run, and if they see yours, they'll be more likely to participate.

However, the police also know this...
Old 07-15-2011, 10:26 AM

2008 C63 AMG
Kind of on the same note..... I had my first hater a few days ago. I can never find anyone that wants to have a fun run, so I usually blast it getting on the freeway. Well, as usual I blast it getting on the freeway and run it to the century mark and as I am letting off and coasting, this asshat in a Honda is leaning out his window shooting me the bird as I go by him. I slowed down to throw him one too and he hits the brakes to avoid being next to me. LOL. Whatever.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
Guys, if you want more people to do fun runs with, make a noticeable modification (rims, cf hood/trunk, jdm slanty exhaust... well maybe not that one) and it'll happen... a lot. People that modify their vehicles are more likely to run, and if they see yours, they'll be more likely to participate.

I can't get anyone on the road to play.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG

Well my car is completely blacked out with an ARKYM front lip and rear diffuser...I'm running spacers all around and did a complete 6000K HID conversion and LEDs everywhere...there is no question that my car looks menacing...maybe I need an Evo wing to set the whole thing off.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever feel like a fun run but can't find any takers?