Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Track And Aero Packages - MBWorld.org Forums



C63 AMG (W204) Discuss the C63 AMG

Sponsored by : CarSwap
Click Here

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Track And Aero Packages

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Track And Aero Packages

Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...25847714175423

Quote from the Press Release:

AMG Track Package and AMG Aerodynamics package

AMG has two special packages to offer for enhancing driving dynamics even further: the AMG Track Package comprises 255/35 R 19 front and 285/30 R 19 rear sports tyres from Dunlop. They have been exclusively developed for the C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series, and they tangibly and measurably increase grip. Active rear-axle transmission cooling improves performance in punishing race-track conditions. The radiator is located in the rear apron and the airflow passes through it effectively.

What are known as flics are part of the AMG Aerodynamics package. They are made of genuine carbon fibre and located on the front apron. Also included in the package are a functionally tuned front splitter made of genuine carbon fibre and a fixed carbon-fibre rear aerofoil with an adjustable blade. Both components not only increase the lift at the front and rear axle; they also optimise the vehicle’s aerodynamic balance.

Other optional extras include:
• AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre package (cross strut in front apron, exterior mirror housing, inserts on the side sill panel, diffuser insert and spoiler lip in genuine carbon fibre)
• AMG light-alloy wheels featuring forging technology, painted in matt black with a high-sheen finish on the rim flange, with 255/35 R 19 and 285/30 R 19 tires
• AMG carbon-fibre trim
• Fire extinguisher
• Intelligent Light System ILS
• KEYLESS-GO
• Tinted side/rear windows
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
NORTH 44 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 43°38'N / 79°52'W
Posts: 1,743
Drives: EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's amazing how fast my photos of the Whute Bs Coupe spread around the world!!
NORTH 44 C63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Tackleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Poole, U.K.
Posts: 43
Drives: 2011 C63 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C63 View Post
It's amazing how fast my photos of the Whute Bs Coupe spread around the world!!

Absolutely...! But seeing as they are pretty much the only shots of that spec car, they were always going to spread like wild fire.

Anyway, those pics have made me certain of the colour mine will be.....

Thank you
Tackleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Absolutely...! But seeing as they are pretty much the only shots of that spec car, they were always going to spread like wild fire.

Anyway, those pics have made me certain of the colour mine will be.....

Thank you
You got it man
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 986
Drives: 2008 BS
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C class BS just on top gear tonight...110,000 pounds which is around 170K USD.
ecampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecampbell View Post
C class BS just on top gear tonight...110,000 pounds which is around 170K USD.
wow, ill have to def. watch that one, thanks for the heads up.
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,955
Drives: 2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecampbell View Post
C class BS just on top gear tonight...110,000 pounds which is around 170K USD.
What did the CLK63BS cost in the UK in GBP?
c32AMG-DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Drives: Camry
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM View Post
What did the CLK63BS cost in the UK in GBP?
A quick Google search showed 99517 pounds. Can someone confirm this?
Ifngamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 273
Drives: 2012 SLS Coupe, 2015 Range Rover SVR, 2003 BMW M5, 1988 BMW M3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifngamma View Post
A quick Google search showed 99517 pounds. Can someone confirm this?
Think most went for around 100k GBP
Carac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
NORTH 44 C63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 43°38'N / 79°52'W
Posts: 1,743
Drives: EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helms View Post
wow, ill have to def. watch that one, thanks for the heads up.
It's just a 1 minute update. Curley and Larry didnt like the look and Moe did


Normal reactiion for the Stooges.....lol
NORTH 44 C63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C63 View Post
It's just a 1 minute update. Curley and Larry didnt like the look and Moe did


Normal reactiion for the Stooges.....lol
Guess i didn't miss much then
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Tackleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Poole, U.K.
Posts: 43
Drives: 2011 C63 AMG
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C63 View Post
It's just a 1 minute update. Curley and Larry didnt like the look and Moe did


Normal reactiion for the Stooges.....lol

I've no doubt Moe will be having one...! He may even have placed his order already.
Tackleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
callmiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,502
Drives: 2016 C63 S
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
If carbon fiber interior trim costs $2500 then the Track and Aero will require both your right and left nut as a deposit

Easily $30k+++ in options









callmiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,689
Drives: C63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sick, sick, SICK!!!
If your a hardcore AMG nut with deep pockets this is a perfect car.
_AMG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AMG_ View Post
sick, sick, SICK!!!
If your a hardcore AMG nut with deep pockets this is a perfect car.
You bet. havent seen anything like this in a long time, it all just blends together.
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
jackrycheung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 283
Drives: 2009 Fully loaded C63 AMG - black on black and CF trim; 2006 Lexus IS250 AWD;
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sick x 10000 times!!!
jackrycheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #17
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,045
Drives: W204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jizzed in my pants.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 420
Drives: GT3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks great from the front. But in all honesty I think I rather have a 2012 sedan with Dad's body kit. The cost will put this car in a territory that's hard to justify. Everything in that price range will kill it around a track. Even the CTSV is looking more and more appealing. I just sold my C63 for the BS but will really have to think this through now. There is no WOW factor to the BS over a standard sedan except for the few packages that will most definitely make the already overpriced car even more costly. MB should be very careful on pricing this car. But in hindsight people will just have to have it and will over pay for it no problem.
Most-Wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #19
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
SMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,046
Drives: CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted View Post
Looks great from the front. But in all honesty I think I rather have a 2012 sedan with Dad's body kit. The cost will put this car in a territory that's hard to justify. Everything in that price range will kill it around a track. Even the CTSV is looking more and more appealing. I just sold my C63 for the BS but will really have to think this through now. There is no WOW factor to the BS over a standard sedan except for the few packages that will most definitely make the already overpriced car even more costly. MB should be very careful on pricing this car. But in hindsight people will just have to have it and will over pay for it no problem.
One of the reasons the C63 BS won't be cheap is the weak Dollar, which makes all imports more expensive than domestic products. But every German manufacturer is in the same boat.

If you want something for the track and don't mind forking over $185K, the Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 would be a great car. It will suck though in LA traffic. Personally, I would get a 997.2 TT with PDK. Since the 991 will be introduced shortly, and with the discount that dealers now give on 997's, the price would be the same as on a C63 BS ordered with packages and options.

No matter which one you go for, you either have to pay cash or put a substantial amount down on a finance, because the lease rates on cars like this is the same as strapping on a second mortgage. When I bought my CLK, the sales guy asked me if I would have any reason to lease it. My reply: In other words, the car has a crappy residual and an even crappier money factor.
SMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 420
Drives: GT3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMP View Post
One of the reasons the C63 BS won't be cheap is the weak Dollar, which makes all imports more expensive than domestic products. But every German manufacturer is in the same boat.

If you want something for the track and don't mind forking over $185K, the Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 would be a great car. It will suck though in LA traffic. Personally, I would get a 997.2 TT with PDK. Since the 991 will be introduced shortly, and with the discount that dealers now give on 997's, the price would be the same as on a C63 BS ordered with packages and options.

No matter which one you go for, you either have to pay cash or put a substantial amount down on a finance, because the lease rates on cars like this is the same as strapping on a second mortgage. When I bought my CLK, the sales guy asked me if I would have any reason to lease it. My reply: In other words, the car has a crappy residual and an even crappier money factor.
Very good points. I guess I am just a little let down. I mean, the CLK BS was amazing and definitely unique over a standard CLK. It had massive WOW factor and still does. I just dont see it in the C63 BS and was hoping it would Dont get me wrong. I think its a great looking car and I think it will perform well and be a great daily driver. I just cant justify the cost over a standard P031/471 C63.
Most-Wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 809
Drives: a car that gets very poor gas mileage.
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Geeez, that's just sickkkk!

Love everything about it.
Now....I wonder how it will do on the Nordschleife.....
Centurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 420
Drives: GT3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
its starting to grow on me LOL... I wish they would publish the dayum price already...
Most-Wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted View Post
its starting to grow on me LOL... I wish they would publish the dayum price already...
It is going to cost around $200,000, Thats the estimated price based on European pricing.
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,413
Drives: C63 AMG
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helms View Post
It is going to cost around $200,000, Thats the estimated price based on European pricing.

A Black Series coupe???

They are 110k in Canada, so I highly doubt that.
Merc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #25
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Helms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Beach NY
Posts: 1,285
Drives: C300 4Matic
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
A Black Series coupe???

They are 110k in Canada, so I highly doubt that.
No, The Black Series Coupe with the Track & Aero Package.
Helms is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vossen wheels | Authorized Dealer | Saudi Arabia / GCC | E550 AMG LuxuryAutoKSA E-Class (W212) 3 09-19-2015 09:08 PM
September 20th Mosport GoKarting event 3 - 6pm Sunday! Touge.ca 20+ events 2015!! Touge.ca Canada 1 09-16-2015 11:51 PM
Black Badges jefe888 C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) 10 09-12-2015 01:13 PM
AMR Performance: Mercedes-Benz C400 ECU Software Upgrade (ECU TUNE) - 380HP / 405TQ AMR Performance C Class (W205) 9 09-03-2015 03:10 AM
September 13th Sunday - Touge.ca Cayuga TMP track event 5-9pm! #18 of 20+ Events Touge.ca Canada 0 09-02-2015 01:11 AM


Tags
2011, amg, black, bodykit, c63, clk63, details, edition, facebook, mercedes, ml350, package, price, series, track, uk, wheels


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Copyright © 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.