C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

No Respect for AMG's at Irvine Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
No Respect for AMG's at Irvine Cars and Coffee

Hello everybody,

I just returned from a family vacation down to Southern California this weekend. I took the family to Disneyland, so I stayed with a friend of mine that lives in Tustin, that I went to Medical School with. My buddy also had a 2009 C63 AMG that has minor upgrades, including 19 inch multispoke rims, Vorsteiner diffuser, and akropovic exhaust. My buddy offered to take me to Irvine Cars and Coffee on Saturday, do I gladly accompanied him to the event. I am an avid cat enthusiast and give respect to all types of car years, makes and models. This was my first visit to Cars and Coffee, and I was so excited to finally go to it. We arrived at the Mazda lot at approx 7am and the lot was full so we waited in the line of cars into the lot. We had to wait until a car would leave, until they would let another car into the lot. In comes a metallic green 60's Mustang GT 350 behind us. After waiting a bit, as cars are slowly being let in, the driver of the Mustang gets out of his car, and comes up to our car and says the following,"can you do us all a favor and get out of this line. This show is for classic cars only and no one cares about your AMG. We all have one of those at home.". My friend and I looked back at him and didn't say a word, as we were both shocked at what he was saying. After, telling him to get back to his car, he meekly old us, " oh well, you can do whatever you want though.". Like we needed this ***hole's permission or something. There was no way we were even going to consider getting out of line now and parking in the accessory parking garage. We were even considering letting people cut in front of us in line to further irritate this obnoxious ****-ant! We both eventually made it into the lot and walked around the show. Nice makeup of classics, sports, GT's and exotics on display. We met up with a couple of my buddies friends, including a guy who was supposed to bring his CLK 63 Black Series, but decided against bringing it to the show. Saw one other white C63
parked next to an orange CLK 63 Black Series. Pretty cool in my book, but obviously not in others' opinion.

Are there really a lot of ***holes out at the Cars and Coffee events, or did we just run into a rare " bad apple?". Is there a consensus at the type of events, that are cars do not belong? I have never run into this type of person at car events up in Northern California. I'm just saying...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 PM

335i
reminds me a little of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20SNM...&feature=feedf

That guy sounded like a complete *****, did anyone else at the event even care? Or did everyone stand around and stare?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 PM

2010 C63
The Atlanta Caffeine and Octane or whatever it is called is a pretty chill place. Everything from lime green Lambo's and LF-A's to primer paint rat rods and everything in between (how about a Soviet radial engined air boat?). Everybody seems to appreciate the diversity and apart from some of the makes tending to park together (especially the Mopar guys) no body tries to exclude anybody or anything. Just a bunch of car guys that appreciate everything there for what it is.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:05 PM

2010 C63, 2014 E63
its probably just that one guy. whenever i go there guys usually talk to me about my car and how it compares against the sls
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211, w221, w220, e46
A true car enthusiast wouldn't diss anyone else at an event like that. This guys was a jerk and jealous. He should attend car shows that are just for "classic cars" not cars & coffee.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Houston Cars and Coffee is everything from 40s/50s rods up to brand new LFAs and all manner of eastern imports.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
Wow what a dick!!! I think I would have offered to put a boot up his A$$!!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I've been to the Houston cars and coffee.... and to be honest I'd rather catch either a small event with my local amg buds, or an all classic car event in my wifes small town north of PA.... just a bunch of regular joes with vintage sports cars and muscle cars.

The houston cars and coffee was the who's got the biggest.... er uhm..... car budget competition.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 AM

2016 G550
Sorry you had to deal with that Jean.
Stay away from Irvine.
(if you are from Irvine, I'm sorry you are from Irvine)

Last edited by enochroot; 08-02-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Unfortunately money doesn't buy class. I've been to Irvine C&C plenty of times and talking to the people there, most are cool, but there are some there who think they're the sht and look down on everyone. The C&C up in norcal (Santana Row and San Ramon) are much more chill.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
I want see that A$$hole come to an AMG car meeting and see how much care his stupid ford gets

you should have raced and smoked a couple of those nut-heads just to show them whos in command.

He was obvioulsy looking at your AMG from a mile away and got jealous. What a moron. God I wish I was there, I would have told him, go back to the junkyard that you brought your car from
Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Jean Valjean
Hello everybody,

I just returned from a family vacation down to Southern California this weekend. I took the family to Disneyland, so I stayed with a friend of mine that lives in Tustin, that I went to Medical School with. My buddy also had a 2009 C63 AMG that has minor upgrades, including 19 inch multispoke rims, Vorsteiner diffuser, and akropovic exhaust. My buddy offered to take me to Irvine Cars and Coffee on Saturday, do I gladly accompanied him to the event. I am an avid cat enthusiast and give respect to all types of car years, makes and models. This was my first visit to Cars and Coffee, and I was so excited to finally go to it. We arrived at the Mazda lot at approx 7am and the lot was full so we waited in the line of cars into the lot. We had to wait until a car would leave, until they would let another car into the lot. In comes a metallic green 60's Mustang GT 350 behind us. After waiting a bit, as cars are slowly being let in, the driver of the Mustang gets out of his car, and comes up to our car and says the following,"can you do us all a favor and get out of this line. This show is for classic cars only and no one cares about your AMG. We all have one of those at home.". My friend and I looked back at him and didn't say a word, as we were both shocked at what he was saying. After, telling him to get back to his car, he meekly old us, " oh well, you can do whatever you want though.". Like we needed this ***hole's permission or something. There was no way we were even going to consider getting out of line now and parking in the accessory parking garage. We were even considering letting people cut in front of us in line to further irritate this obnoxious ****-ant! We both eventually made it into the lot and walked around the show. Nice makeup of classics, sports, GT's and exotics on display. We met up with a couple of my buddies friends, including a guy who was supposed to bring his CLK 63 Black Series, but decided against bringing it to the show. Saw one other white C63
parked next to an orange CLK 63 Black Series. Pretty cool in my book, but obviously not in others' opinion.

Are there really a lot of ***holes out at the Cars and Coffee events, or did we just run into a rare " bad apple?". Is there a consensus at the type of events, that are cars do not belong? I have never run into this type of person at car events up in Northern California. I'm just saying...
It's Orange county...what else would you expect.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:41 AM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey

That guy is probably jealous that his Mustang is only 1/2 of price of your AMG. Anyways, I've been there with my AMGs and never had encounter that kind of problems. Matter of fact that AMG is so rare at Cars and Coffee because it is always overcrowded with Mustangs and Corvettes. They should really appreciate AMG owners coming to this event. By the way, that Satin Orange CLK BS is my car you parked next to it. Other members and I are planning to go to this upcoming Cars and Coffee this Saturday. You should come again and we will go early and park at Mustang's section. This would be very interesting!!!

Hello everybody,

Last edited by GuppyC63; 08-02-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by GuppyC63

That guy is probably jealous that his Mustang is only 1/2 of price of your AMG. Anyways, I've been there with my AMGs and never had encounter that kind of problems. Matter of fact that AMG is so rare at Cars and Coffee because it is always overcrowded with Mustangs and Corvettes. They should really appreciate AMG owners coming to this event. By the way, that Satin Orange CLK BS is my car you parked next to it. Other members and I are planning to go to this upcoming Cars and Coffee this Saturday. You should come again and we will go early and park at Mustang's section. This would be very interesting!!!
Haha good call Dave!! Would love to see how those ford guys react when AMG's take up they're spots.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
What a douche bag!!
Sorry to hear about that Jean, Ive never really encountered a person that bad mouths others at C&C, though I do occasionally see people that have they're nose high up in the air "thinking" they are the sh*t.
I cant stand clowns like that.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63

Talk about adding oil to fire
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 AM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Yeah Guppy,
Your CLK Black is one awesome looking machine. I'm not sure who's white C63 was that parked next to your car. I came to C & C in my friend's Steel Grey C63 and we parked in the second row, 2 rows from the coffee table. Wish I could make another show, but I was only down in Socal for vacation last week. I am from Norcal and was down in LA taking the family to Disneyland and hanging out with old friends. I was also able to eat at the Guppy House in Irvine on Thurs. night. Great food with good energy! I remember reading on a previous post of yours that you had something to do with these restaurants. The guy that insulted us had a pretty nice GT 350 that I can appreciate, but it just shocked me that he would come out and say that crap to our faces. I think if he ever said that type of stuff in any other city but Irvine, someone could have thrown down on him or worse done something to his "precious vehicle". All I know is by the looks that we gave him, he must have thought that there was a distinct possibility that something bad could happen. However, I would never damage another person's nice ride. Some cars don't deserve their "in my own world" owner. He will get his someday if he continues to treat other people like that.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 AM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
White one is also mine.

Yeah Guppy,
Your CLK Black is one awesome looking machine. I'm not sure who's white C63 was that parked next to your car. I came to C & C in my friend's Steel Grey C63 and we parked in the second row, 2 rows from the coffee table. Wish I could make another show, but I was only down in Socal for vacation last week. I am from Norcal and was down in LA taking the family to Disneyland and hanging out with old friends. I was also able to eat at the Guppy House in Irvine on Thurs. night. Great food with good energy! I remember reading on a previous post of yours that you had something to do with these restaurants. The guy that insulted us had a pretty nice GT 350 that I can appreciate, but it just shocked me that he would come out and say that crap to our faces. I think if he ever said that type of stuff in any other city but Irvine, someone could have thrown down on him or worse done something to his "precious vehicle". All I know is by the looks that we gave him, he must have thought that there was a distinct possibility that something bad could happen. However, I would never damage another person's nice ride. Some cars don't deserve their "in my own world" owner. He will get his someday if he continues to treat other people like that.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:35 AM

Both nice rides, bro.

White one is also mine.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 AM

E63 S
Kind of defeats the purpose of C&C. I go to events here just to look at a variety of cars and talk to the owners. Guy was just a dope.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Tell him to shut the hell up and go back to his overpriced $_hitstang
Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Should have smoked the tires and give him a blast of burnt rubber LOL. Every friday at the local Chick Fil A, there is a classic car get together. Mostly American muscle but there are imports in a section by themselves (european, japanese, italian). Seems that everyone gets along. Too bad you had a d-bag behind you.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Though most car enthusiasts appreciate the diversity of cars and the experience of driving them, unfortunately people also use cars to assert status, wrestle with insecurities, gain attention, etc.

I would expect both of these tendencies to be magnified and made more overt at car gatherings, so these events have the potential to be both fun and annoying, depending on who you interact with.

The closest I've come to attending a car gathering was the AMG Driving Academy at Lime Rock. Most of the people there were cool and fun to be with, but there were a few that I found annoying (like the guy who couldn't drive but wanted to make sure we all knew he had a Ferrari).
Old 08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by enochroot
Stay away from Irvine.
Originally Posted by slownrusty
Tell him to shut the hell up and go back to his overpriced $_hitstang
Originally Posted by jsc1234
its probably just that one guy. whenever i go there guys usually talk to me about my car and how it compares against the sls
+1

There are quite a few fantastic cars that go, but there are also so not so great cars and quite a number of douchebags. You obviously ran into one of them.

It's pretty chill, but it's too damn early in the morning for me to go.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by enochroot
Stay away from Irvine.
Like LA is any better necessarily...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: No Respect for AMG's at Irvine Cars and Coffee