C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Side Mirror indicators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Side Mirror indicators

I've been browsing the forum and researching this - and I'm a bit confused - so I thought I'd ask anyway.

Is there a way to;

a) replace the orange lights on my side mirrors with white ones?

b) make it so they're always on?

I swear that's how it was on the C350 w/ AMG package that made me first fall in love with this car at first. Then it was the engine.. hehe. Anyway, I thought it was a given that they'd be like that... and much to my chagrin, they were not.

I realize that their are provincial/state by-laws that require a certain colour, but I'm not sure it applies in Ontario - I'd probably risk it anyway if I could get them to stay on all the time... (low wattage)?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
As far as I'm concerned, the orange/amber lights are a part of our laws. However, they don't seem to be heavily enforced when compared to other things such as tints. You probably can replace them, but how you would go about doing that; I don't know. I've yet to come across a DIY, (most likely due to the fact that it doesn't bother me, so I never looked into it.. only those orange sidemarkers looked terrible.) As for your second question, you can probably get it programmed that way through the STAR method from someone who has access to the program and what not, but I don't see why you'd want them on all the time....
Old 08-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Infamouz
but I don't see why you'd want them on all the time....
... because I think it would look awesome!