Flat Out Motorsports at Roebling Aug 20,21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Arrow Flat Out Motorsports at Roebling Aug 20,21

For anyone living in the Savannah area, a very cool event will be held at Roebling Road Raceway next weekend. Keith and I along with some friends have the track for a private rental and spectators are welcome if anyone is interested in coming to hang out. The line up of cars is really impressive and should make for some great times.

A few notables:

Porsche CGT
Lamborghini SL
Twin Turbo Viper
V10 R8's
Lots of 911's including some cup cars
Race prepped GTR's
Lots of E9x M3's
And a couple of C63's as well

Several performance shops represented including:

Forged Performance
Top Speed
Performance Race Solutions

Anyone in the area interested in stopping by is certainly welcome as we enjoy meeting other members when on the road.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Originally Posted by hhughes1
For anyone living in the Savannah area, a very cool event will be held at Roebling Road Raceway next weekend. Keith and I along with some friends have the track for a private rental and spectators are welcome if anyone is interested in coming to hang out. The line up of cars is really impressive and should make for some great times.
Were you at RRR during the PCA DE a few weeks ago? I bet you were based on your car pic. Best looking C63 I have seen in person. Didn't see you out on track.

It was my first time out at RRR, so I was learning the track, and was also the first time out with my Black Series. The turn in and apex points there were nothing like I've driven yet.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Were you at RRR during the PCA DE a few weeks ago? I bet you were based on your car pic. Best looking C63 I have seen in person. Didn't see you out on track.

It was my first time out at RRR, so I was learning the track, and was also the first time out with my Black Series. The turn in and apex points there were nothing like I've driven yet.
I came up there for the Coastal Empire DE two weeks ago but I was only driving Sunday. We arrived near the end of the day on Saturday and I think I saw you in a silver Black Series but everyone was leaving at the time. To bad we didn't have a chance to say hello but maybe next time. Sunday turned out great with no rain but I only had time for 3 sessions and it was back on the road. Did get into a cool conversation with the Cayman R drivers but that is another thread.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
We drove hard and wore out some tires!!

Great time by all and there were some great track times!!

Thank you to Flatout Motorsports for a GREAT weekend!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Originally Posted by hhughes1
I came up there for the Coastal Empire DE two weeks ago but I was only driving Sunday. We arrived near the end of the day on Saturday and I think I saw you in a silver Black Series but everyone was leaving at the time. To bad we didn't have a chance to say hello but maybe next time. Sunday turned out great with no rain but I only had time for 3 sessions and it was back on the road. Did get into a cool conversation with the Cayman R drivers but that is another thread.
Yep that was me, but my BS is White... I only drove on Saturday. My last run was after the downpour, so there was a nice mini-lake near turn 5 (as if turn 5 wasn't already an interesting set of turns). The previous runs were all dry.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Keith, is your car widebodied already? I saw pics, which looked photoshopped, and vids saying it was. Would love to see it, if it is.

-Walter
Old 08-23-2011, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Wearing out new front tires in under 3 hours seems almost funny when most of the forum talks about rears lasting only 5,000 miles.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
Keith, is your car widebodied already? I saw pics, which looked photoshopped, and vids saying it was. Would love to see it, if it is.

-Walter
which vids ?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
MHP posted a vid on FB, its inside the car, but its titled Widebody C63.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55

-Walter
The structural metal work is done but its still rough and I made the body shop (Dave) give it back to me unfinished for this past weekend and he wasn't happy. Dave asked me not to post anything until its completely finished and painted correctly. He has done a GREAT job for those who are interested. He can duplicate it and made tooling and templates for anyone who wants to go that route.

Amyway, there are a couple of shots of it on the MHP web site if you want to see it in process.

Here a couple of video's of this past weekend!! Enjoy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF65MsNr34I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXAhes6jyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKfS3IU5-0

We had a great weekend!!
The two MB AMG C63's did OUTSTANDING!!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
WOW!! Great job! Some serious meat on the back of that beast!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
I had a chance to drive Keith's car for a couple sessions on Sunday after my early tire retirement. Having the wide rear rubber is a game changer, accelerating out of corners like a space shuttle launch will put a big wide smile on your face.

Now if we can just solve the issue of the front end plowing especially on the outside tire. The KW's on Keith's car make a noticable difference but only extend the longevity for a couple of extra sessions. The stock suspension allows much more lean and overloads the lead tire chewing up the outer edge. Once the fronts are gone you will not be able to make the car turn and you may as well call it a day. Stiffer sway bars and camber kits are the next mods coming.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Tires were definitely an issue. Outside edge of the left front and inside edge of the right front (below). Up until the tires deteriorated lap times were great, I ran several 1:22's on Saturday and Keith had multiple 1:21's in the session below which obviously I could not finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VXQE7_mTA
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Audi RS7
Thats some great driving Howard!!
We definitely need more front tires!!