C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Is there any dealer that I can trust near boston? any recommend?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Is there any dealer that I can trust near boston? any recommend?

A few weeks ago.. I got CEL..
so I dropped my car at the dealer in somerville, MA..
then first thing what they said was they thought there was a prbm on secondary air injection so reflashing ECU might solve the prbm..
but after that day.. they called me back.. CEL was just gone w/o reflashing ECU..
so I just picked it up!!

2 weeks later.. I got CEL again..
then I brought my car to the dealer again..
and what they said was there was a prbm secondary air injection caused by switching headers n catalysts.. (I got Kleemann K3 tuned..)
so basically what they said was.. to fix this prbm.. I need to buy all of new parts(headers n catalysts) and put them back on my car since my original part was already got damaged.. and it costs above 12 grand...

I relized smth wrong was going on here..
so I talked to Cory who is the technical manager of Kleemann USA.
he asked me to give him fault code and freeze frame data..

so I asked dealer about them..
they could give me fault code but for freeze frame data.. they said I need to pay another hour..

After i got only fault code, I sent them to cory..
after he looked them up!!
this is what he said..

Hi Q!

Here is a picture of a printout from my factory diagnostic computer which is telling me the possible causes for the 2 fault codes your getting. 0810 and 0814 are both the same fault codes- 0810 is for the right bank of cylinders and 0814 is for the left bank of cylinders.

As you can see, there are only 2 possible causes in terms of components:

Air injection pump
Air pump swithchover valve

Both of these components can be tested individually by the factory diagnostic machine for both activation and voltage tests. In my professional opinion, based on my experience, I'd be inclined to say the air injection pump has failed- that's a very common failure on all MB's. The air pump switch over valve rarely fails.

The third cause listed is "secondary air injection" and what that's referring to is the ECU's ability to set what's called an emissions readiness monitor. If the ECU was the cause of the problem, it would not have set the readiness monitors for seocondary AIR injection, meaning you would have failed the emissions test you got after the upgrades were done. I realize you failed once, because our programmer made a mistake with the readiness monitors for the secondary O2 sensors, but after we corrected that problem, your car passed the emissions inspection as far as I know.

Let me know what becomes of this issue once you have a chance to visit another dealer, or repair shop.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

so...........
according to what he said..
the tune on my car(after market catalysts and headers) has nothing to do w/ this prbm..
and this is also what cory said..

so in my opinion..
They are just trying to take some advantage of me..
But im not letting them do this BS...........

so can anybody recommend nice dealer where i should go?

Last edited by Dr. Q; 08-25-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Hi Q
I've used all the service depts in our area of the years and currently, I'm using Sommerville for my service
So far, they've accommodated all of my requests and seem capable, they sure see a lot of cars and many AMGs.
Nathan is my SA.

However, I used Westwood for years before and found their service dept really good, their sales dept is a bunch of a-holes so I've vowed to never use them again after they acted like jerks when I bought my C63 and shopped for an E wagon for my wife. But I can say nothi g but great things for their service dept.

Try Westwood and bring your email from Cory.
My SA was Al Eros (sp?) and he was awesome.
GL
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 PM

2019 AMG C63
I had bad experiences with them too. Took three hours to put a rear spoiler on and exterior detailing's result was similar to a car wash.
I have friends who bring their c63s to the dealer in Natick, they are also an official renntech dealer so they might have more experience with tuned cars.
Hope your car gets back to perfect condition soon!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Inskip north of Boston is reputed to be a old style competent dealership. The only reason slumerville got the AMG center was as logical as present worldwide government policies.

Check your PM for an alternative. Please remember to observe Forum rules about confidentiality. Just a friendly reminder since HIPAA hasn't been signed.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:26 PM

'09 C63
Go to Herb Chambers Somerville, speak to Steven Lopez, tell him you're a friend of Nayef, he is literally one of the best. No bull****, no rip offs!!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 PM

2009 C63 AMG
FYI, I went the dealer in Westwood right after I picked up my car..
n I just got phone call from them 3 hrs later that they solved the prbm..

the prbm was just 'HOSE DISCONNECTED FROM AIR PUMP'..

wow..............
according to what the SA said at the dealer in Somerville..

The fault with your car was diagnosed by a factory trained technician. Also confirmed by our shop foreman.

Keep in mind we spent several hours last visit with the same issue. Only to find out you had another repair shop pull out your factory manifold and catalytic converters.

I think we have been very fair in this whole process.

now Im wondering what kind of a factory trained technicial can't find the hose was disconnected?
what they said was they had been looking for the reason of the fault code for more than 3 hrs..
what a nice technician? huh?

for me? honestly..
it seems like they just found out the hose was disconnected then they tried to take some advantage of me since I got the tune..
12K for the prbm that can be solved by only reconnecting the hose?
what a nice dealer..

Originally Posted by Naif647
Go to Herb Chambers Somerville, speak to Steven Lopez, tell him you're a friend of Nayef, he is literally one of the best. No bull****, no rip offs!!
Im sorry but.. whenever i stopped by there.. Ive always deal w/ him.. haha..
to u? he might be nice.. but.. to me? IDK

Last edited by Dr. Q; 08-29-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
you should send all that to the herb chambers hacks. Herb's dealers are awful. It's too bad he owns just about every car dealer around I have to go way out of my way to avoid any and everything herb chambers. FU herb!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JeffDL
you should send all that to the herb chambers hacks. Herb's dealers are awful. It's too bad he owns just about every car dealer around I have to go way out of my way to avoid any and everything herb chambers. FU herb!!!

Even the SA was kinda threatening me..
"U will lose ur warranty if u r not getting new factory parts on ur car!!
I have to report to MB that uve got tuned on ur car..
so U better get the new parts n put them on ur car..
To keep ur warranty you have to buy new parts and put them on.."

and also said
"ur old stock parts were already taken off from ur car.. so it got some damage.. what u need to do is just buy whole exaust system and put them on"
like this..
after I said "I don't think I need to buy new parts cuz I got them at my place.."

What a BS!!

And you guys know what?
when I dropped my car..
I also asked to fix the noise from a/c and rear passenger side window..
what they said was "we can't figure out what was wrong.." haha..

I bet u can't figure out!!
cuz U were sniffing around for 3 hrs then what u just found out was modded exaust instead of disconnected hose!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
they are probably the worst in the country. I have to get my car inspected there because I bought it CPO'd from them with illegal tint. I asked for the tint to be removed prior to picking it up they didn't and instead put in writing they would inspect it and pass it with illegal tint every year I owned the car. I should submit that note to the RMV.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JeffDL
they are probably the worst in the country. I have to get my car inspected there because I bought it CPO'd from them with illegal tint. I asked for the tint to be removed prior to picking it up they didn't and instead put in writing they would inspect it and pass it with illegal tint every year I owned the car. I should submit that note to the RMV.
hahaha.. thaz good idea!!