C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dyno Test MHP 91 vs Local Tuner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
So that's it???? ... I want that 105 tune. great gains.. it's simple high octane tune .. RUN HIGH OCTANE fuel.. any questions????? jERREMY pm me for that 105 tune to run 105 VP H.O... all BS set aside looks like Jerremy knows how to tweak these ECUs
yea sure, or maybe someone else is doing it for him
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by hubiheu
VIN NR were the file war orginal in !!!! WDB2093772F24XXX=109 oktan VP Race fuel for 1 mile race only (market Middle east) and found the way to us .........

Back to this post, it seems like you are claiming this Evotech tune came from the Middle East and was originaly developed for 109 VP Race fuel, to be used only for drag racing. And now you are surprised it somehow made it's way to the US.

How do you know this? Who are you? Do you have any relationship to the producers of the tune in question?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by xtyper
Back to this post, it seems like you are claiming this Evotech tune came from the Middle East and was originaly developed for 109 VP Race fuel, to be used only for drag racing. And now you are surprised it somehow made it's way to the US.

How do you know this? Who are you? Do you have any relationship to the producers of the tune in question?
............and the plot thickens
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by xtyper

Looks like you, my friend, have had a good night's sleep, and probably even a nice cup of coffee.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
In the midst of this mess a very good question has been asked and not addressed. As far as I know the Bosch ECU has to be removed from the vehicle and opened up for any tuning changes to be made. Once an aftermarket tune is installed can any variables or settings be adjusted via a port? If not then how could "custom dyno tuning" be cost effective if the ECU has to be removed, opened and attached to an apparatus for each and every tweak?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
^
It's not cost effective, normally the customer has to pay for dyno time which can take several hours and hundreds of dollars on top of the cost for the tune. In the end you have a tune tailored to your specific vehicle.

The ECU has to be removed for every tweak.

I've seen it done in person once on an SL65 and I'm assuming the process is similar on a C63.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
So that's it???? ... I want that 105 tune. great gains.. it's simple high octane tune .. RUN HIGH OCTANE fuel.. any questions????? jERREMY pm me for that 105 tune to run 105 VP H.O... all BS set aside looks like Jerremy knows how to tweak these ECUs
He wasn't complaining about the extra power from the high octane tune.... he was complaining from the noticeable engine knocking, tranny going into limp mode, driveability issues under part throttle, and a couple of other rare but annoying erratic behavior that started happening after he got the OE tune. Now I do agree that running high octane gas would eliminate most of those problems, but he was under the impression that he was getting a 91 octane tune NOT a race tune, which is yet another serious problem.

After the MHP tune, sgtstanko noticed the car ran smoother than when it even came from factory. He couldn't make it detonate or knock no matter how hard he tried. Also, the part throttle driveability issues and limp mode problems completely disappeared. So there was definitely a difference in tunes between a 100 octane tune and 91 tune when running on 91 gas (which is actually slightly less than 91 here in California).

It'd be interesting to see how the EvoTech tune got in there.... and whether they were involved at all in this situation
Old 09-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
I have had both tunes also in my car.
OE was fine.
MHP is better.

Period.

But that is not in relation with the thread !!

Both had to open up the ECU. Never seen any scratches on the outside. And Andy did not complain about OE tune as I told him I had one. I don't think MHP has anything to do in this story...

Last edited by Kaiba; 09-28-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
one thing i still dont understand is why the op freaked out when jeremy put his vin number up when he clearly put it up in his original post himself... unless it really wasnt his vin in the original post?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
^
I think it's feasable to guess he was unaware of his actions because he was so irate over the whole ordeal.

No excuses for him just a possible reason.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
i think member hubiheu needs to chime back in about this issue cuz he seems to knows a lot more about this file . if this file originated in the middle east and was then put in Steve's ecu , sombody has either copied or stolen the original file . that's what i would call shady work

i'm in no way any expert on this stuff but if the file was copied or stolen and put into Steve's car then his original post with the vin would show the vin from the original car and not his vin . maybe that's why he posted it and then got pissed off when Jeremy posted the vin off his car . like i said , i'm no expert but it sounds believable to me .

if somebody that knows about the way the files look can chime in and tell me i'm wrong......please do so
Old 09-28-2011, 04:32 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i think member hubiheu needs to chime back in about this issue cuz he seems to knows a lot more about this file . if this file originated in the middle east and was then put in Steve's ecu , sombody has either copied or stolen the original file . that's what i would call shady work

i'm in no way any expert on this stuff but if the file was copied or stolen and put into Steve's car then his original post with the vin would show the vin from the original car and not his vin . maybe that's why he posted it and then got pissed off when Jeremy posted the vin off his car . like i said , i'm no expert but it sounds believable to me .

if somebody that knows about the way the files look can chime in and tell me i'm wrong......please do so
that would make sense as to why he got so mad when jeremy put his vin up. but he made it sound like his vin in his original post which it sounds like it isnt maybe there is more to this story yet
Old 09-28-2011, 04:33 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Here is how things played out:

1. SGT called wanting a tune on the dyno and came in for a dyno tune.
We do not offer "steady state" tuning requiring emulation, as OE Tuning does not own ETK for ME9.7 emulation.
Dyno tuning is done with dynoing and logging in the case of C63 AMGs.
Between each run changes are made to better the run before.
The vehicle had MHP headers and were removed due to them being to loud before dynoing.
Dynoing was done with factory stock exhaust.

2. The car was strapped on the dyno and run for the baseline, running CA91.
Then the ecu was tuned for CA91 premium pump gas.
There was only ever OE Tuning tunes programmed to ECU, with OE Tuning sig.
Version 1037394899 was never programmed to the ecu as the screenshot suggests. Nor was what is being accused programmed to the ecu.
Tuning is precise changes and there were no mistakes made. OE Tuning is professional about their products and the way each tune is carried out.
Version 1037394899 (ET screenshot SW version), is from a different 2008 model C63. (compare these numbers to verify succession)
The byte sequence from the screen shot was never present in the read or the write by OE Tuning. This software version, 1037394899 is not found on any 2011 models.
This byte sequence does is not present in version 1037506908.
Software version 1037506908, is the software found on many 2011 C63s.

3. The method required to tune a Bosch ME9.7 ecu does require the ecu be opened and a probe be in contact with pads on the circuit board for reading and writing to be successful.
The probe that did not require any soldering was damaged at the time, so an alternate tool that required tracks to be soldered to the ecu for communication was used. This is an accepted method of tuning.
Regularly soldering is not needed with these ecus, but there are many methods to get the same result.
To get a clean "bead" of solder, "flux" is used. Flux is a yellow liquid that ensures solder only "stick" to metalic pads. Flux ensures no "shot circuits" or "bridged connections". Flux does not cause "shot circuits" or "bridged connections' and is safe and used while soldering to circuit boards. After the heat of the soldering iron has been applied to the area applied with flux, the alcohol content in the flux evaporates leaving a brown "honey like" flux.
The flux is routinely cleaned off after use and it does not look like the flux was cleaned off in this particular case.
Leaving flux on a circuit board has never been seen to cause issues.

4. After the fuel level was run low on the dyno (almost empty tank), the OP asked if we could put MS109 race gasoline in the car to see the results.
MS109 was poured into the gas tank and the results are in the attached dynograph.
MS109 was run using the CA91 pump gas tune.
As ignition additive adaption timing was adjusted, the correct amount of ignition advance would be added in when a higher octane race gas is used. The ECU can determine gasoline quality through adaptation processes.
This is why the OE Tuning pump gas tune gets better results at the track when comparing results run with Premium pump gas and High octane Race gas.
Please take note of Air/Fuel ratio as there are no signs of any "lean" running condition.
There was never any knock seen while dynoing the vehicle.

5. The OP said he would be getting independent dynoing, which was encouraged by OE Tuning.
After the independent dyno results were run, the OP contacted OE Tuning reporting the "lean" fuel mixture seen on the dyno.
OE Tuning requested dynographs to support this.
As this was not what was seen on OE Tuning's dyno, the question was asked if perhaps the wideband O2 sensor at the other dyno shop could have been fouled.
The option to come in for a run on OE Tuning's dyno to check if indeed this is the case was an option given to the OP.
There was never any mention of shut offs, knocking or anything other than the "lean mixture" seen on the dyno as the concern.
Parts can go bad from time to time, and it was very unlikely a brand new 2011 C63 would have any issues with the O2 sensors on the vehicle, unless the possibility of being fouled by running different fuels.

6. The option to come in for verification of the said fuel mixture was never taken and this is where the communication with the OP ceased.
It was thought that perhaps all was well and resolved at this time, as there was no further communication to support any issues.

MHP glues epoxy to the circuit board to avoid thier tunes being read out. OE Tuning does not approve of this practice. Many MHP customers have had OE Tuning retune thier ecu once the "buy another ecu" bomb is dropped for a reflash/retune as the option from Andy/MHP. A shot of this will be provided.
MHP is a banned user on this forum that uses the "troll" accounts "JH Davis" and "R Stevens" to get thier message accross. Can mnoderators please look into this?
Did MHP edit and rename this screenshot to wrongly accuse OE Tuning of something which OE Tuning did not do? Yes, they did. Is this the weak explaination MHP and Andy give the customer once dyno numbers comparing OE and MHP tunes, result in OE Tuning make higher numbers on pump gas? Yes, it is. It is very obvious that after the MHP numbers were lower than promised, the lies started to explain why their power numbers are so. "Blame it on another tuner with a higher octane tune". Also there is nothing in the information provided in the OP's screenshot to display VIN or even if it was a tune for high octane. More than likely it was taken from an Evotech tune from "09". MHP V1 tunes were supplied by Evotech through B&G Chrysler and now MHP use reputable German tuner Techtec for V3 tuning. The same tune is available for cheaper through other resellers like Eurotec.
MHP, time to supply the information in support of your accusations or get of this forum. Jealousy has no place in the tuning business and is an immature approach at best.
Anyone wanting an explaination of byte comparisons and software version comparisons, please email me. sales@oetuning.com
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Test MHP 91 vs Local Tuner-steve-aguliar-c63-ca91-ms109-hp-vs-afr-600.jpg   Dyno Test MHP 91 vs Local Tuner-steve-aguliar-c63-ca91-ms109-hp-vs-tq-600.jpg  

Last edited by SALES@OETUNING; 09-28-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by j bro
one thing i still dont understand is why the op freaked out when jeremy put his vin number up when he clearly put it up in his original post himself... unless it really wasnt his vin in the original post?
+1
that would actually be quite interesting if they did not match...

never mind just red the above

Always wondered where the claimed MHP tune/s originated from..reminds me of the 4-6k tune price tags he had in the 55k forums (ECU + TCU + throttle bliping for the 55k) , he should have been a politician rather than a tune re seller.

Wonder how much it would actually cost to go direct to the source...

Last edited by Zod; 09-28-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
well said Jeremy.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:59 PM

2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hhughes1
In the midst of this mess a very good question has been asked and not addressed. As far as I know the Bosch ECU has to be removed from the vehicle and opened up for any tuning changes to be made. Once an aftermarket tune is installed can any variables or settings be adjusted via a port? If not then how could "custom dyno tuning" be cost effective if the ECU has to be removed, opened and attached to an apparatus for each and every tweak?
We have a OBD tuning solution. The ECU is opened up once and then all additional tunes are flashed via OD flasher.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NS_C63
We have a OBD tuning solution. The ECU is opened up once and then all additional tunes are flashed via OD flasher.
This is the same OBD2 solution as OE Tuning. ECU still has to be sent in and opened first.

Attached are the screenshots of an MHP ecu with epoxy over BDM pads. Enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Test MHP 91 vs Local Tuner-mhp-c63-ecu-1.jpg   Dyno Test MHP 91 vs Local Tuner-mhp-c63-ecu-2.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
MHP is a banned user on this forum that uses the "troll" accounts "JH Davis" and "R Stevens" to get thier message accross. Can mnoderators please look into this?
RStevens63 is banned? Say it ain't so! Mods - two down - two to go.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
This is the same OBD2 solution as OE Tuning. ECU still has to be sent in and opened first.

CRAZY - that is just plain ugly. This is for real?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:15 PM

C63 AMG

Won't ever go with MHP....
Old 09-28-2011, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Looks like OE and MHP both know how to screw up a good ECU... if I knew soldering or epoxy are used I would never send my ECU in.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by bhamg
CRAZY - that is just plain ugly. This is for real?
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Won't ever go with MHP....
people need to go over to BB to see MHPs response , since he can't post here . i know Jeremy wants him to reply here but i think it's difficult since he's banned . it will explain the epoxy
Old 09-28-2011, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
For those interested, I just noticed MHP responded to OE Tuning's latest post on "the other site".

This is getting very ugly to say the least.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
people need to go over to BB to see MHPs response , since he can't post here . i know Jeremy wants him to reply here but i think it's difficult since he's banned . it will explain the epoxy
MHP has a couple of long-time mouthpieces who have already weighed in here. Why can't they reply? Besides, what is BB?
Old 09-28-2011, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by bhamg
MHP has a couple of long-time mouthpieces who have already weighed in here. Why can't they reply? Besides, what is BB?
not sure

i do know that Andy himself replied on BB ( the other forum ) about the whole thing . i can't write what it is because it comes out as *********

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dyno Test MHP 91 vs Local Tuner