C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG63
Thumbs down Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!

Anyone of you guys dealt with these people?
they screwed up my 63 and they don't want to pay me for for their tune did!!!

I am going to sue them. When they did my tune, they said it has 12 months guarantee. 2 pistons fried after 5 days. Now they are running away from it.

Any advice?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM

cls55
I have heard that they do pretty good job at fabrication. If I just blew my engine I would have contacted the shop first. If I started a thread about blowing up an engine I wouldn't get offline right away. I know there will be tons of question to be answered.

Last edited by keith954; 10-03-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Wow,very sorry to hear about that man.
Any specific tune were they using?

Do you have the 12 month guarantee in writing? If so, and you can prove it was infact the tune that fried the pistons then you have a solid case against FMU.

FMU should chime in to say what went wrong.

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tyson911

I am going to sue them. When they did my tune, they said it has 12 months guarantee. 2 pistons fried after 5 days. Now they are running away from it.

Any advice?
Im sorry to hear this man, dont let it slip away, definitely take action and make sure they pay for the needed repair.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
these tuners are trying to squeeze out every drop of hp like you did as a kid measuring inches on your d!ck ... another tuning failure added to the relegation list. Good luck to the OP.

OE Tuning
FMU
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
wow, sorry to hear that. How did you find it it was tune related and not due to hardware?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Sorry to hear. Hope things work out for you!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
these tuners are trying to squeeze out every drop of hp like you did as a kid measuring inches on your d!ck ... another tuning failure added to the relegation list. Good luck to the OP.

OE Tuning
FMU
LMAO....so true

LMAO at the dick measuring comment, not that the OP got his motor blown up

Last edited by jrcart; 10-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tyson911

Any advice?
Where do you live? Are you in the Chicago area? Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope things getted worked out. What other mods are you running? What kind of tune did you get from them?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by loungn14
wow, sorry to hear that. How did you find it it was tune related and not due to hardware?
If I had catastrophic engine failure 5 days after installing a tune then that would be highest on the list of probable causes. Legitimate tuner should be bending over backwards to assist the customer gain an accurate diagnosis of what happened. If fault is deemed PROBABLE then make things right and ensure it doesn't happen to another customer. Civil issues don't require absolute proof because it is often not possible but shady companies point to that nearly insignificant amount of doubt to justify leaving the customer holding the bag.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by hhughes1
If I had catastrophic engine failure 5 days after installing a tune then that would be highest on the list of probable causes. Legitimate tuner should be bending over backwards to assist the customer gain an accurate diagnosis of what happened. If fault is deemed PROBABLE then make things right and ensure it doesn't happen to another customer. Civil issues don't require absolute proof because it is often not possible but shady companies point to that nearly insignificant amount of doubt to justify leaving the customer holding the bag.
oh Im not disagreeing with you at all. I just need the full details before I would chime in and say it was a tune failure. What I do find interesting though is that I know FMU well and know what they do with tuning. Also keep this in mind, this last week in chi has been very cold, high speed runs with this temperature and add some detonation and by by motor.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

oh Im not disagreeing with you at all. I just need the full details before I would chime in and say it was a tune failure. What I do find interesting though is that I know FMU well and know what they do with tuning. Also keep this in mind, this last week in chi has been very cold, high speed runs with this temperature and add some detonation and by by motor.
Yep, that's why I run a wideband gauge on my car. I really want to know more about the OPs car, mods, mileage, how was he driving the car when it popped, etc.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Sorry to hear about your issues. By the way, how do you know that you have two bad pistons ? have you done a compression test?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by jrcart
Yep, that's why I run a wideband gauge on my car. I really want to know more about the OPs car, mods, mileage, how was he driving the car when it popped, etc.
as do I my friend, and I have the same questions.

I also run a phormula ks4

Linky

One of the best devices I have ever had.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
do they do there own tuning or outsource it?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
The weather comment is exactly the type of evasion mentality that I was referring to, I am surprised you served it up. Everyone flocks to the dragstrip as soon as it gets cold and no one has had a 63 motor grenade on them yet as far as I know. In the OP's case, if his car is still under warranty and had stock files on it then MB would be taking care of him. If his warranty is rejected because of a tune then the company that sold him the tune needs to accept accountability. Bottom line is if you sell a product that you know may lead to the rejection of an otherwise warranty issue then be prepared to step up.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by hhughes1
The weather comment is exactly the type of evasion mentality that I was referring to, I am surprised you served it up. Everyone flocks to the dragstrip as soon as it gets cold and no one has had a 63 motor grenade on them yet as far as I know. In the OP's case, if his car is still under warranty and had stock files on it then MB would be taking care of him. If his warranty is rejected because of a tune then the company that sold him the tune needs to accept accountability. Bottom line is if you sell a product that you know may lead to the rejection of an otherwise warranty issue then be prepared to step up.
Evasion mentality? Maybe you misread what I said. Any tune should be fine under any weather circumstance. How in the world would anyone tell you ya, just dont run the car when its cold????

Colder denser air = you need more fuel. If the ecu wasn't able to provide that, then bingo you have failure.

This was the first real week in chi that we had colder temperatures this season.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
isn't the MAF supposed to adjust for those slight variation in weather though? we are no talking about a nitrous shot
Old 10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Alot of questions need answering.
OP where you at?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:21 PM
SPONSOR

isn't the MAF supposed to adjust for those slight variation in weather though? we are no talking about a nitrous shot
correct it does, but software can also play with that.

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Alot of questions need answering.
OP where you at?
yup, here we go again..

Originally Posted by j bro
do they do there own tuning or outsource it?
outsource at last i heard...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Could it be OEtuning and Fluid -Motorunion being the same tune just different names? I am just guessing here but I could be guessing right..... Not hating, just saying.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Can OP chime in on what happened? This is the first we're hearing of anything like this?

Any specific reason why you joined MBWorld today and felt it was necessary to comment on some other cars before bringing up a matter this serious?

We don't have anything to hide behind, if this is a legitimate accusation please call the office or e-mail me direct at mmarzano@fluidmotorunion.com
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's the exact point Lounge14 is trying to make, not sure why you guys don't understand his point. All a tune is is tweaking timing, air and fuel, push it too far and the mafs and such might aclamate in certain conditions but but be able to properly aclamate in other conditions that can lead to too lean or too rich, rich isn't a huge threat but lean will melt down a piston pretty quickly. I can attest to the temps here late last week and this weekend, Sunday morning it was 38 degress when I woke up.

OP needs to chime back in and answer some questions, I hope this isn't going to be like that last thread where the OP disappeared for 8 pages before ever adding any other info. If you are going to start a thread be ready to participate.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion
Can OP chime in on what happened? This is the first we're hearing of anything like this?

Any specific reason why you joined MBWorld today and felt it was necessary to comment on some other cars before bringing up a matter this serious?

We don't have anything to hide behind, if this is a legitimate accusation please call the office or e-mail me direct at mmarzano@fluidmotorunion.com
The 4 post count of the OP did have me questioning the validity of this. Good idea to chime in, very professional response. The fact that you guys have not heard anything is a big red flag, if this is the OPs idea of a joke you guys need to get his IP address and take action.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by jrcart
The 4 post count of the OP did have me questioning the validity of this. Good idea to chime in, very professional response. The fact that you guys have not heard anything is a big red flag, if this is the OPs idea of a joke you guys need to get his IP address and take action.
The OP is obviously not aware of how serious a forum can spread negativity like cancer against a companies name.

Like I said before, we have nothing to hide, if this was legitimate I would of at least expected a call or some type of contact before a random forum post?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!