C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

HAPPY MHP CUSTOMER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 ///Amg
HAPPY MHP CUSTOMER

Given all the drama the last few weeks about diff tuners etc., i thought i would wait until the drama came down a bit to post about my experience with MHP. Even tho there is now a new drama thread involving FMU, i decided to go ahead as I wanted to share with everyone.

I first contacted MHP this last spring about getting a tune for my C63. I had done a fair amount of research on the forum and gathered that MHP tunes seemed to be the best tune out there, great power gains but also increased shifting/paddle response. Right of the bat when I first emailed Andy he replied within a half hour, was very professional and we emailed back and forth for over an hour with me asking all sorts of questions and him answering all of them quickly and informatively. We even BSed a bit about raping a gallardo like dodger did in a youtube clip a bit and he seemed like a cool guy.

It ended up that I was on my way back up to Canada and wasn't able to not have my car for a few days, so I decided to trek back up north and would get it done when I got there. My family also have a SL63 and an SLS, so the more I drove those cars during the summer the more urge I had that I NEEDED that extra power haha. When i got back in my car sometimes i would just feel depressed that my car felt tamer then the other 2.

So about 3 weeks ago before right before leaving Canada I emailed Andy again to get the ball rolling with my tune. Again responded quickly and politely and answered another array of questions by me. We worked out a date and got it sent out, and we were on a pretty tight schedule as there was not alot of time before I had to make my drive back. But Andy got it done and made sure my ECU got back in time. There was no time to break the tune in before our 2150 mile journey back down to Houston which is not a great way to break in a new tune. So Andy advised me to dissconnect the battery once i got down here and then i would be able to properly break in the car to the new tune.

Right away after reconnecting the battery I could feel the extra pick up and the shifts seemed faster. The more i drive it the better and the car seems to respond. I am very happy with the tune as i can def tell the increase in power and really notice the faster shifting, and I think my tires noticed as well as they break away alot easier now! The car seems to pull with same authority as the SL63, and i wish i could have got a drag race in between the two before i left as i think i could now take it!

My dad, who was somewhat skeptical of the whole aftermarket tuning market, was quite surprised with the increased performance from my car and Andy's level of service and is now thinking of getting his SLS tuned! We should have a good race next summer as i also have plans to get some MHP longtube headers and midpipes installed! I am sure he will still woop me but it might be alot closer! ahah.

All in all I have had a great experience with MHP and Andy and look forward to continue doing business with them.

I realise they are not a vendor on this forum but just as people on this forum deserve to know about bad experiences with companies i thought i would share a good story about one!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Thanks for sharing
Old 10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Awsome to hear some good news..
Old 10-04-2011, 09:51 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by Helms
Thanks for sharing
Np
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 AM

2006 E55
Excellent write up.

The power is really smooth and linear.....Andy had me drive it hard for 100 miles with ESC off and only paddle shift.....night and day.

Congrats!

Old 10-05-2011, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by sgtstanko
Excellent write up.

The power is really smooth and linear.....Andy had me drive it hard for 100 miles with ESC off and only paddle shift.....night and day.

Congrats!

You realize your ECU will adapt back to normal driving over time? And then, you could just re-adapt back to higher performance by driving it hard again.

I'm not trying to be rude either.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
good to hear you like it . now get yourself the headers and mids and have some real fun . i spent months trying to decide which setup to go with . i was stuck between MHP and Dynocomp , but Andy won that battle for me . i couldn't be happier with my decision . like him or hate him , Andy's customer service is top notch .
Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM

C63 2011
I totally agree, costumer service is top notch with Mhp simply the best.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
this is post #113 from the Fluidmotorunion thread........

All BS rants aside (including mine). There is a reason for all this. Funny how the "MHP Happy Customer" thread went up a day ago..... Coincidence? Maybe... Glad to see you may get some business out of this. Good luck

i guess he thinks you have an agenda by posting your thread
Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 AM

09 c63 p30 mars red
I guess I won't post that I am very happy with my Eurocharged V3 tune. I will get the finger pointed at them for being behind all these scandals!!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by jim07
I guess I won't post that I am very happy with my Eurocharged V3 tune. I will get the finger pointed at them for being behind all these scandals!!
lol....seems like people can't be happy when a scandal is going on . to top it off , MHP isn't even involved in the issue with Fluidmotorunion
Old 10-05-2011, 05:15 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Thanks Guys,

Just to address that call out in FMU thread, I already stated that i waited until all the noise from sgt stangkos thread died down and was ready to post and then another complaint about another tuner came out, no it is not a coincidence i just wanted to share with everyone and got sick of tiptoeing around other peoples issues! this was my experience and should be heard just a much as someone having a bad experience IMHO

Last edited by j bro; 10-05-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:29 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
good to hear you like it . now get yourself the headers and mids and have some real fun . i spent months trying to decide which setup to go with . i was stuck between MHP and Dynocomp , but Andy won that battle for me . i couldn't be happier with my decision . like him or hate him , Andy's customer service is top notch .
yea i cant wait, i will enjoy tune over the winter, then get headers this summer!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Now take that sucker to SIR next year and see what it can do!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by wawy
Now take that sucker to SIR next year and see what it can do!
Old 10-05-2011, 11:55 PM

c63 amg
I've got the MHP v3 Tune and the long tube headers.. nothing but excellent things to say about Andy and MHP.