C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

wasted tuner's time??

Old 10-11-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 M156 C204
wasted tuner's time??

if you have to travel for like 250 miles to get your suspension adjusted, and you were late due to wrong turns, wrong way, bad traffic... etc. should you be blamed on or hated? to make it fair, should i just pay the labor hours that are equivalent to the time wasted that they have claimed?

Last edited by aznkuja328; 10-11-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: wrong term
Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
ish happens, it's part of business, and they should understand that.

I'd buy them lunch, and/or a case of beer and call it a day.

edit: sounds like they're giving you crap about it, if that's the case, I'd tell them to F off and just send your ECU to eurocharged for a real tune
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by stangxs
ish happens, it's part of business, and they should understand that.

I'd buy them lunch, and/or a case of beer and call it a day.

edit: sounds like they're giving you crap about it, if that's the case, I'd tell them to F off and just send your ECU to eurocharged for a real tune
lol, i wish i can buy them lunch or pay them for lunch if that will make them treat me like a customer with respect...
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Which tuner is this?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Originally Posted by aznkuja328
lol, i wish i can buy them lunch or pay them for lunch if that will make them treat me like a customer with respect...
Dude; there's absolutely no reason you need to please them for you being late. You're the customer, they need you, not vis-versa. Who's this tuner you speak of?
Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 PM

12 M156 C204
i want to mention their name, but i can't do it here because that will ruin their name and i will be sued...
i am in a situation that i can hardly explain clearly... basically it's related to the suspension, not an ecu tune...

sorry, i just changed the words "car tune" to become "adjust suspension" up there... i get all my stuffs done at that tuner, so whenever i go there, i am used to use the words "getting my car tuned there".

Last edited by aznkuja328; 10-11-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: bad english
Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
i want to say it, but i can't because that will ruin their name and i will be sued... i am in a situation that i can hardly explain it... basically it's all about the suspension, not an ecu tune...
The tuner is being an a55holes to you and and you still want to protect they're name?
What makes you think your gonna get suspended?

Threads like this are created to explain situations in full.
We have had one too many threads that were started by people being too scared to say a couple of names.
It just creates more speculation and drama.

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-11-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:06 PM

2012 GT-R, 2006 Lancer Evolution
This "shop" is a joke. They are mad at you because you were late? That stuff happens and they need to get that through their heads.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 PM

03 SL55 AMG
Curious as to what tuner this is also. Never going to take my cars there if they hate on customers for being "late" when they actually need you.

Spread the word so we all know and don't make any mistakes. And I doubt they can sue you for just saying the company name.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Who is the tuner??

Here we go.....Round 2.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
i want to mention their name, but i can't do it here because that will ruin their name and i will be sued...
i am in a situation that i can hardly explain clearly... basically it's related to the suspension, not an ecu tune...

sorry, i just changed the words "car tune" to become "adjust suspension" up there... i get all my stuffs done at that tuner, so whenever i go there, i am used to use the words "getting my car tuned there".

Matt - Since it's coming from me and not you, I have a feeling this "tuner" has been mentioned here before on this forum recently. If that's them, that's seriously some fooked up shyt. Don't pay them for their time, they knew you were driving 250 miles to have your car adjusted. Tell them to **** off!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:21 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by _AMG_
The tuner is being an a55holes to you and and you still want to protect they're name?
What makes you think your gonna get suspended?

Threads like this are created to explain situation in full.
We have had one too many threads that were started by people being too scared to say a couple of names.
It just creates more speculation and drama.
very true. i have to protect their name until they really ask me to fxxx off, i guess they are about to do that though.

basically, they swore they have adjusted my suspension right to my specs, and when i picked up my car, i found something were strange. i wanted to do a corner balance, so i went to one of those shops who set up suspensions for track cars.

it turned out that the compression and rebound settings were almost parallel left and right (left front, left rear; right front, right rear), but not front and the rear. they doubted my honesty, and actually i left the rear rebound to be untouched. front compression, front rebound, and rear compression are all adjusted and parallel on each axle now. (fr = fl, rr = rl)

after a while, i found out that the rear axle is weird, so i went to another shop to get it checked up. it turned out the rebound were different, one side too stiff while the other too soft. i want my tuner to concern about the quality of work they have performed on my car, maybe there were misunderstandings? and i was told that because they were wrong or i was late... i dropped off my car at 3:30 and it was done at 5:30, and they wanted to work on it from 1pm to 5pm?

but when i picked up my car the next day, i was told that everything has been set up according to what i want and they were able to finish everything in the limited time frame.

i wanted a safe set up, but it was a mess?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:26 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Matt - Since it's coming from me and not you, I have a feeling this "tuner" has been mentioned here before on this forum recently. If that's them, that's seriously some fooked up shyt. Don't pay them for their time, they knew you were driving 250 miles to have your car adjusted. Tell them to **** off!
Jeff, thanks! you know i can't comment on that. my eq is telling me to calm down, although u know that people like us don't have much patience.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
if you have to travel for like 250 miles to get your suspension adjusted, and you were late due to wrong turns, wrong way, bad traffic... etc. should you be blamed on or hated? to make it fair, should i just pay the labor hours that are equivalent to the time wasted that they have claimed?
Hypothetically, if was considering to pay the shop that is upset with me because I was late, I would ask them to tell me how my being late cost them money? I would want specific information like "we would have done customer X's oil, but the technician who we would have used for the oil change was remaining available for your scheduled appointment, thus we lost out on the profit of performing that oil change."

Then I would respond, "I'm very sorry, but unless you provided me notice ahead of time that you would lose money if I missed or was late for my appointment, then I cannot be held accountable for your financial loss."

It's a basic legal Contracts principle.

Despite the notice rule, the reason why I would want to know how, specifically, they lost money because you were late, is because you asked in your OP if you should pay them (presumably for good conscience), so if you wanted to do that as a kind gesture, I would want to know the specifis of how you cost them money.

Otherwise, if they didn't actually lose money because of you being late, I wouldn't feel obligated (even morally) to pay the shop for their inconvenience, because no schedule is perfect and things happen, customers are late. It should be factored into the cost of doing business and if necessary, the shop can inform (provide notice) to the customer ahead of time if tardiness would cost them money.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:28 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
This "shop" is a joke. They are mad at you because you were late? That stuff happens and they need to get that through their heads.
this shop does some serious and creative work! they aren't mad, it's just i don't feel any respect from them like i am no one.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
That's ridiculous how they want to charge you for their "time", when they knew you were making a 250 mile drive. Anything can happen during that drive. You're a paying customer and they should treat you like one! You need to find a shop that values you as a customer.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
FMU in CHITOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 PM

this shop does some serious and creative work! they aren't mad, it's just i don't feel any respect from them like i am no one.
apparently some of the m3post boys didn't think this shops velocity stacks were "serious".

Last edited by btownsoccer22; 10-11-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I can relate to your frustration. I used to go to a certain shop for work on an F/I setup I had. I would show up for the appointments and the owner who was the main man doing the work would not acknowldge my presence until he was ready. He wouldn't even say "hi." haha And of course, he did do good work, so I would play along with the game because I wanted my car treated right.

But, I've learned from that experienece and I wouldn't stand for that type of disrespect anymore, especially when you're paying good money.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM

12 M156 C204
i have been working with them since a long time ago (17 months if i remember correctly). both good and bad things happen, and i don't want the relationship to go like that. so i was wondering whether i should give them money to calm them down and treat me better or what?

whenever i mention something is not right, first thing i will hear is: labor, the second thing i will hear is: it's none of their business. and i get blamed on being late, taking advantages of them, letting them do the stuffs that i can do, trying not to pay because i have the money, etc...

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Hypothetically, if was considering to pay the shop that is upset with me because I was late, I would ask them to tell me how my being late cost them money? I would want specific information like "we would have done customer X's oil, but the technician who we would have used for the oil change was remaining available for your scheduled appointment, thus we lost out on the profit of performing that oil change."

Then I would respond, "I'm very sorry, but unless you provided me notice ahead of time that you would lose money if I missed or was late for my appointment, then I cannot be held accountable for your financial loss."

It's a basic legal Contracts principle.

Despite the notice rule, the reason why I would want to know how, specifically, they lost money because you were late, is because you asked in your OP if you should pay them (presumably for good conscience), so if you wanted to do that as a kind gesture, I would want to know the specifis of how you cost them money.

Otherwise, if they didn't actually lose money because of you being late, I wouldn't feel obligated (even morally) to pay the shop for their inconvenience, because no schedule is perfect and things happen, customers are late. It should be factored into the cost of doing business and if necessary, the shop can inform (provide notice) to the customer ahead of time if tardiness would cost them money.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:37 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
FMU in CHITOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
how did you get this information... this is not the purpose of the thread...
Old 10-11-2011, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
i have been working with them since a long time ago (17 months if i remember correctly). both good and bad things happen, and i don't want the relationship to go like that. so i was wondering whether i should give them money to calm them down and treat me better or what?

whenever i mention something is not right, first thing i will hear is: labor, the second thing i will hear is: it's none of their business. and i get blamed on being late, taking advantages of them, letting them do the stuffs that i can do, trying not to pay because i have the money, etc...
Well, I don't think giving money when you don't have to or even feel morally obligated to is a good idea. In fact, it sounds rediculous.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:38 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
apparently the m3post boys didn't think this shops velocity stacks were "serious and creative"
what? i heard velocity stacks can make power! every shop has velocity stacks!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Do you really think giving the shop extra money is going to make them treat you better?
All they will think is "Chump!"
Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 PM

what? i heard velocity stacks can make power! every shop has velocity stacks!!
I guess, but the shop made what like 20hp? on open stacks with meth injection? Prolly not worth the risk and cost.... i just think they wanted to make something cool that is kind of usless to be honest

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wasted tuner's time??