C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need recommendations on AutoEnginuity code scanner and others (Actron)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 Sedan
Need recommendations on AutoEnginuity code scanner and others (Actron)

So my CE light is on - most probably need to change my intake manifold gaskets. I've toyed with the idea over the years off getting a code reader / scanner.

I basically need it for the following:

1. Reading CE codes
2. Resetting them
3. Resetting service / oil change indicators if I do the service myself

I'm moderately handy but but certainly not shadetree mechanic level - so if anyone has experience with the AutoEnginuity - is it overkill for what I want to do - for example, I'll most likely never actually try to change any settings or do any tuning myself.

Also, is it easy to use like a handlheld scanner where you simply plug in, read the code, and then reset or is it not as intuitive.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Exclamation

I can tell you that Actron CP9575 does not work on our cars, even after a download of the update. I returned the one I purchased and have used a loaner from Pep Boys or Advance Auto to read and clear a couple of codes. I need to go ahead and buy one (that works).

Last edited by Case1906; 10-18-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
^ what not to do.

what you can do > HHughes recommended this one to me in a previous thread:

http://www.harborfreight.com/obd-ii-...ner-99722.html
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 Sedan
Checked that one out and the reviews aren't that great - several instances of it working for a while and then dying...With your Actron 9575 when you called Actron did they straight up acknowledge that it doesn't work with the W204? I called yesterday and had a bad connection but the guy started along the line of "...all our scanners work with OBD II cars..." If I get that line again then I'll also be suspect and may just go for the AutoEnginuity
Old 10-18-2011, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 p30 mars red
Originally Posted by imran
Checked that one out and the reviews aren't that great - several instances of it working for a while and then dying...With your Actron 9575 when you called Actron did they straight up acknowledge that it doesn't work with the W204? I called yesterday and had a bad connection but the guy started along the line of "...all our scanners work with OBD II cars..." If I get that line again then I'll also be suspect and may just go for the AutoEnginuity
I went through this about 6 months ago. The Actron 9575 does NOT work with our cars. I did the online updates, talked to the techs (useless) and finally returned it to Advanced Auto parts. I was later told it doesn't work with MB & Porsche and maybe not Audi also. The Germany system must have a slight difference that Actron will not admit to.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by imran
Mine has worked fine for 3 years now.

Factory service reminders can be reset with the steering wheel buttons if you know the procedure which I don't.