C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

AMG 2011 Performance Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:29 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
AMG 2011 Performance Event

Before we purchased our C63 yesterday, this event was one of the determining factors. To have a chance to push such machines is a phenomenal feeling. Surprisingly, the C63 was the best among all AMG's in the line up for me.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miserly mpg, exhibitionist torque (i.e. Q5 TDI)
I agree. I recently attended on of these and had a blast. Driving the models back-to-back-to back only reinforced my decision to go with a C63. The CLS and E are lovely, but they're also bigger, and you feel the extra mass. Either would make a fantastic long-distance cruiser. But for short hops, I found the C more fun (though less luxurious).

The SLS on the other hand is from a different planet. Driving it makes you feel like a superhero, as if the laws of physics no longer apply to you. Its athleticism really shows on the track.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Horses for courses!

Consider that the C63 is a perfect car for the track setups for the PE and that the tracks were set up for the C63. Why?

It appeals to the target market as the most affordable, best seller, low entry to the AMG line, and an M3 alternative. The up and coming buyer who lives in an urban or suburban area, like the majority of those who I've observed attending these events over the years, got an understandable kick out of the car and I know of several orders that were placed.

I am not referring to the Driving School that I'm sure generated sales over a wider spectrum of models.

Have a great time with your new steeds!

Last edited by grane; 10-24-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miserly mpg, exhibitionist torque (i.e. Q5 TDI)
Originally Posted by grane
Consider that the C63 is a perfect car for the track setups for the PE and that the tracks were set up for the C63. Why?

. . .

I am not referring to the Driving School that I'm sure generated sales over a wider spectrum of models.
Just realized I confused the two. I have not attended a PE, just the driving school, which uses E, CLS, SLS, SL, and C amg models in a variety of events. Even in that setting I still thought the C was more fun than anything but the SLS -- which is otherworldy.