C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Mercedes Service problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Mercedes Service problem

Hey guys - I bought an C63 AMG about 3 months ago. During the first couple of weeks of ownership, I happened to look at my backseat which I hadn't been paying much attention to. On the passenger side, near the seat belt, there is a significant crack/wrinkle cluster in the leather - about the size of your palm - before anyone's even sat back there. It's visible from the front seat, but pictures don't do it justice.

I've had the sales guy look at it, and he has done his best to get the issue resolved. We even had the "regional service manager" come and have a look, and he didn't want to do anything about it. Instead of agreeing that it was a defect in the leather, he said it was naturally occurring. Of course it's naturally occurring, but it doesn't mean that the company should have used that piece of leather for my seat. In any case, I've escalated it as much as I could have, and now have no re-course w/ Mercedes. So, now I'm stuck with a back seat that's a bit of an eye sore, which I know I could have had resolved if I'd made it an issue before I accepted delivery - but I didn't' notice it at the time, accepted delivery in a rather dark area, and didn't do an inspection. Lesson learned.

Anyway - what can I do now, if anything?

Last edited by justpetef; 10-27-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
OH MAN!!!!!

Im going to keep this short. Ive had all kinds of problems with my service at mercedes. skipping that novel of bending me over and ****ing me, I just went to a different dealership miles and miles away. I just casually made an appointment and they fixed me right up with no questions asked.

I tried everything with the actually dealer of my vehical and they basically in dealership talk told me to stuff it in my ***. if you want to fight with them, be my guest and good luck, but the other dealership did me good and man it was sweetness when i went back to the deal i had problems with and casually told them that they fixed it and it was easy as could be it basically made them look like either liars or incompetent.

Last edited by CELLryuu; 10-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
pictures?
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by justpetef
Hey guys - I bought an C63 AMG about 3 months ago. During the first couple of weeks of ownership, I happened to look at my backseat which I hadn't been paying much attention to. On the passenger side, near the seat belt, there is a significant crack/wrinkle cluster in the leather - about the size of your palm - before anyone's even sat back there. It's visible from the front seat, but pictures don't do it justice.

I've had the sales guy look at it, and he has done his best to get the issue resolved. We even had the "regional service manager" come and have a look, and he didn't want to do anything about it. Instead of agreeing that it was a defect in the leather, he said it was naturally occurring. Of course it's naturally occurring, but it doesn't mean that the company should have used that piece of leather for my seat. In any case, I've escalated it as much as I could have, and now have no re-course w/ Mercedes. So, now I'm stuck with a back seat that's a bit of an eye sore, which I know I could have had resolved if I'd made it an issue before I accepted delivery - but I didn't' notice it at the time, accepted delivery in a rather dark area, and didn't do an inspection. Lesson learned.

Anyway - what can I do now, if anything?
Take it to a different dealer. My experiences have shown the customer service from one dealer to the next varies greatly, and what one may not do for you, the other will happily do no questions asked.

Good luck.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I've had my fair share of leather issues. This Napa leather SUCKS!. I recommend writing a few letters with pics to the owners of the dealership or service managers with some sort of RESOLUTION outlined, meaning, what you would like done within reason. That way they know what is wrong, that you are upset and willing to go as far as writing a letter, and what kind of repair/recourse you are looking for.

As for no one doing anything, keep working at it and speak softly. With something like this where you bought it without an inspection, you have to be more gentle. Now if its something they did I would shred heads...If you make it seem like you truly value the car, they make take some serious consideration to your worries. Also write MB and notify them at the terrible quality and craftsmanship.

Good luck. I think we ALL have some sort of leather "issue" if we look closely enough. It's never flawless....

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 10-27-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 PM

C63
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm going to try a couple more dealerships before I 'run it up the chain'.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sounds like your Regional Manager is a D-bag. I had the same issue with the leather in my old ML and had both front leather seat covers replaced under warranty.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL 65 AMG, Porsche 911 (993), 2014 Cayenne GTS, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Regional manager

You might run into the same regional manager at different dealers in close proximity
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Sincity
Sounds like your Regional Manager is a D-bag.
He had the busting-gut, aging slicked back hair, and toothpick to match. Class act all the way.

Last edited by justpetef; 10-28-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 PM

C63
Originally Posted by abiazis
You might run into the same regional manager at different dealers in close proximity
Looks like I'll have to go over-his-head anyway.

I wouldn't have a problem if this were 2-3 years from now - but these kind of markings shouldn't exist on a brand new car.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:58 PM

2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
Phone Customer Service at MB USA and ask for help, work your way up the food chain till you find a reasonable manager who understands whats happening here. Local guys don't see the bigger picture.

In Canada with one of my cars a few years ago I escalated to the President MB Canada and got satisfaction for an issue and an apology.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:15 PM

C63
So you guys were totally right. Happened to drive by another Benz dealer in another part of town and politely asked to speak to the service manager. He came out, took a picture, called me the next day and told me he'd have the replacement panel on Tuesday.

This doesn't make any sense though. Why would the dealership I bought the C63 at be complete *******s? I bought a c63 for myself and a SmartCar for the GF there. Yet, they don't seem to care about my business. The experience at the other dealership was completely and totally opposite. Obviously, my original dealershipbwon't get a cent more from me, in terms of products, parts, service or future sales, even though my Sales guy was great.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by justpetef
So you guys were totally right. Happened to drive by another Benz dealer in another part of town and politely asked to speak to the service manager. He came out, took a picture, called me the next day and told me he'd have the replacement panel on Tuesday.

This doesn't make any sense though. Why would the dealership I bought the C63 at be complete *******s? I bought a c63 for myself and a SmartCar for the GF there. Yet, they don't seem to care about my business. The experience at the other dealership was completely and totally opposite. Obviously, my original dealershipbwon't get a cent more from me, in terms of products, parts, service or future sales, even though my Sales guy was great.
Obviously really stupid on your selling dealers part. The service manager should have just approved the replacement and not whimped out by calling in the regional service a$$. You're better off finding this out now as you can keep go to the other dealer that shows some more concern about the image of MBZ and it's products.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Which dealership in Toronto did you purchase your car from?

(I think I have a pretty good idea who it may be though)

I'll be sure not to bring my business there.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
I would make a point of telling the sales person and general manager of the original dealership about your experience and why you won't be back again. I make a big deal of great customer service and a big deal about crappy service too.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to hear about ur experience justpetef! Dang, u bought 2 cars from them, and they can't even change ur seat covers.. That's pure laziness on their parts no matter who is wrong or right. They get paid for warranty work anyways.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
were there any pictures of the before? can you post them?