C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone tried the Metro Vac Master Blaster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Anyone tried the Metro Vac Master Blaster

Considering buying one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHjPT...eature=related
Anyone used one?

Anyone tried the Metro Vac Master Blaster-02801264000.jpeg
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63, 2003 C230 coupe
I have the The PR0-83BA vac and blo, it's not as powerful as the dedicated dryer you posted but it's an awesome tool to have since its dual purpose. Whereas the airforce master blaster is just a blower.

I dont always use it but if I want to do a good detail job, it prevents the little water run streaks from the side mirrors, door handles, side skirts, tail lights........

Lots of shop vacs have blower capabilities as well, but I liked this one for its clean wall mount and size and couldnt be happier with it.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:37 PM

2017 AMG C43
I was looking at getting that model as it is both a vacuum and blower but wasn't sure it would be powerful enough to blow water off a car fast enough. Might try a Vac N Blo first and look at a Master Blaster if I want a dedicated dryer.
All the reviews on these machines are positive.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
does the vac/blow ones come with two different hoses etc?
I'd be concerned with blowing any dirt, etc onto my car if I used the same vac hoses, etc.

I have about 10 different blue waffle towels that I use when drying the car (yes, I know its over kill) and I do a thorough wipe down of door jambs, hood, trunk and those dreaded mirrors--plus I just go out to the garage every hour or so to wipe off the mirror drips and after a day or two, I just hit the doors with some Z6 spray and no more drips! (the car is not a DD for me and mostly sits in the garage)

I'm also worried about blowing any dirt or debris loose from the ground or surrounding areas when using a blower on the clean car. Then if you decide to use any quick detail sprays or detail the car further, there may be some stuff on it that may scratch the finish.

I still feel like a very light wipe down with microfiber Big Blue towels is the best, IMO.
But I'm tempted to add a blower to the mix some day--I'd have to wheel the wet car into a bubble and zip it closed so that I know there's no other debris being blown around
Old 10-29-2011, 04:03 PM

2017 AMG C43
Some good reviews here.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...hp-vacuum.html
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...r-blaster.html
Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
I just watched the video--LMAO, the guy blows the wheel wells out, no there's nothing in there that mind blow out onto the car's paint work--stick with the towels if you want a finish that will be used to detail further. If you're just into a "kinda clean" car and rarely detail it and more of a wash and go type than the blower is okay--I'd just never use it when I planned to detail the car further, my .02