C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

WHEW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 ///Amg
WHEW

So my rears are almost done and I'm first at a red light on Highway 6 in Sugarland, just past 90, and I decide to have a little fun with them and open it up out of a red light, so switch to Manual, ESP OFF, no cars in front of me for a good stretch so floor it.

I spin through first, shift to second redline it, shift to third rev to about 6k,shift to fourth and then I'm halfway to next light so I brake and downshift coming into next light, didn't get a chance to look at speedo but I imagine I must have been going faster than 55 MPH at some point.

So as I am now accelerating out of new light with flow of traffic, I see cop car right on my tail following me through light, instant sick to my stomach feeling as I pull over into a turnoff and get my license and registration ready. All I can think is "He's got me, I'm not getting out of this one....S@#t!".

I roll down my window

Him; Hello there

M; Hi

Him; You know why i pulled you over?

Me; Yah

Him; License and Registration

Hand it to him, looks it over for a few seconds

Him: Any particular reason you dug in out of the lights there?

Me; ....no

Him; Your not in a hurry to get anywhere?

Me; ....No

Him; Just felt like drivin you car fast?

Me; ....Yah....just opened it up a bit I guess

Him; You sure you weren't in a Hurry?

Me; No

Him; Where you live?

Me; Just around the corner.

Him; Who's Car is this?

Me; Mine

Him; How old are you?

Me; 21

Him; You have any priors tickets or warrants?

Me; No

He radios in my name and license number, tells me just a second, at this point I start to believe I have a chance to get out of it, few moments later radio comes back and says I'm clear.

Hands me back my info

Him; Alright, you know you can't be doing that, there are a few places around here that you can drive your expensive cars fast. SLOW DOWN

Me; Yes sir, was stupid won't happen again, Thank you

Him; Have a Good Day

Sat there for about a min with my hands shaking trying to put my info away, then burst out laughing hysterically for a few moments as I couldn't believe he let me off.

Made my way home and started to wonder whether I actually surpassed the speed limit or not and if he could have got me with the radar gun anyway.

Could he have even given me a ticket if I actually didn't go over the speed limit just got up to it really quickly?

Got away with yet another one, I must say though that I have been pulled over at least a half dozen times in this car and gotten off everytime somehow, maybe all the boys in blue have a soft spot for the little white merc.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
here in El Paso , you could get an "exhibition of speed" ticket for spinning the tires
Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
they can give you a reckless driving ticket. got one of those along time ago. id rather just get a ticket because my reckless driving ticket was a class c misdemeanor. more of a pain in the butt than regular ticket.

the cop i was dealing with was an *** though. i had alcohol on my breath cause i had a rum and coke at dinner. i didnt even know what i was pulled over for. far as i can tell, it was for the sound of my exhaust. made me do the field sobriety test and everything. she was pissed when i nailed it. god, she must have really gotten picked on in highschool. thats when she gave me the reckless driving ticket. what ya going to do. i ended up having to go to court for that and got convicted cause back then i didnt know how to handle the law. live and learn.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by CELLryuu
they can give you a reckless driving ticket. got one of those along time ago. id rather just get a ticket because my reckless driving ticket was a class c misdemeanor. more of a pain in the butt than regular ticket.

the cop i was dealing with was an *** though. i had alcohol on my breath cause i had a rum and coke at dinner. i didnt even know what i was pulled over for. far as i can tell, it was for the sound of my exhaust. made me do the field sobriety test and everything. she was pissed when i nailed it. god, she must have really gotten picked on in highschool. thats when she gave me the reckless driving ticket. what ya going to do. i ended up having to go to court for that and got convicted cause back then i didnt know how to handle the law. live and learn.
Sorry to hear that - for those of us who haven't "learned how to deal with the law", could you please expound?

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by j bro
Got away with yet another one, I must say though that I have been pulled over at least a half dozen times in this car and gotten off everytime somehow, maybe all the boys in blue have a soft spot for the little white merc.
So....you haven't really learned a lesson until they fine you. Seems like you do it quite often but somehow get caught and get away with it.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg

thats rough, i think i def got lucky in that my cop wasnt a bad guy and cut me some slack, i think he could have def gave me something along those lines if he really wanted too,

He kept throwing a line out there asking me if i was in a hurry to get someone to see if i was gonna make up an excuse or not, but i didnt bite and maybe that helped me
Old 10-31-2011, 08:10 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
here in El Paso , you could get an "exhibition of speed" ticket for spinning the tires
how much does one of those set you back? im assuming you may have had one in ur past lol
Old 10-31-2011, 08:27 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
Sorry to hear that - for those of us who haven't "learned how to deal with the law", could you please expound?

Thanks!
Well back then I was a broke college student (i put myself through college so i didnt have parents to help out, not that they would have anyway lol) things are different now days and it depends on what your overall record looks like to fight it yourself. Im older and have a larger bank account now so i have a lot of attorneys at my disposal but really you dont even need that. there are literally tens of thousands of traffic attorneys out there. they grow like grass. they may be the bottom of the barrel attorneys but they are cheap because of competition. what ever county i get a ticket in, i just look up a traffic attorney online for that county. i email them the ticket and tell them i never want to hear about this again. its usually 30-100 dollars depending on the county. according to my record, i havent gotten a ticket in 15 years.

for my current county i live in, ive gotten probabely 10 tickets. the attorney i use only charges 35 bucks. ive never seen a single one of them since i handed them over to him.

oh, i forgot. another trick is to call up a yellow book agent in that county and ask them who they recommend. they advertise for all those attorneys and if you drop the agents name, they will more than likely take you more seriously than some random phone call and may give you a discount as in my case in my current county.

thats rough, i think i def got lucky in that my cop wasnt a bad guy and cut me some slack, i think he could have def gave me something along those lines if he really wanted too,

He kept throwing a line out there asking me if i was in a hurry to get someone to see if i was gonna make up an excuse or not, but i didnt bite and maybe that helped me
glad to hear you got a freebee.

Last edited by CELLryuu; 10-31-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB

Sometimes cops will ask you this because they are trying to be especially understanding. If you were to say, "yes, I'm in a huge hurry, there's a near emergency at my house and I'm trying to get home as fast as possible," they may let you off with a warning.

Cops judge speed all of the time. Many of them are very good at judging speed, even without a radar gun.

If you got to 6000 rpm's in 3rd from a clean start in 1st, going all the way through redline in 2nd, wouldn't you be going significantly faster than 55 mph?
Old 11-01-2011, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Damn, close call!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Sometimes cops will ask you this because they are trying to be especially understanding. If you were to say, "yes, I'm in a huge hurry, there's a near emergency at my house and I'm trying to get home as fast as possible," they may let you off with a warning.

Cops judge speed all of the time. Many of them are very good at judging speed, even without a radar gun.

If you got to 6000 rpm's in 3rd from a clean start in 1st, going all the way through redline in 2nd, wouldn't you be going significantly faster than 55 mph?
Ya that makes sense I suppose.

I'm pretty sure I was but i was so bewildered that I didnt get a ticket that I started to try make up reasons why I didnt! haha
Originally Posted by togaclk55
Damn, close call!
yah doubt, The white merc doesnt have that many lives left i dont think!

glad to hear you got a freebee.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ

Same in Cali.