C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

SWay BAr Rubbing Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 ///Amg
SWay BAr Rubbing Issues?

Got my new set of conti DW's put on rear today and installer showed me that the inside of both of my rear rims was slightly rubbing against the top of the rear sway bars... goin to the dealership t get it checked out tomorrow, anyone else ever heard of this?

Could something be out of wack back there? Oem rims on stock suspension so nothing has been modded back there,

Any input would be appreciatd

Last edited by j bro; 11-09-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 ///Amg
Went to the stealership today and the first thing they told me is that it was more than likely because i was running a wider tire(275/35r18 conti dw's) on the stock rims than the 255/35r18 tires that come on the car? i disagreed saying i didnt think that was the problem and know that many fellow owners use the wider tires and i have never heard of an issue like this before.

They showed me that the overall tire diameter was .6" taller which is a no brainer obviously since you are fitting a wider tire on the same size rim, and told me they would check it out but if it wasn't warranty related they would charge me a 150 for looking at it.

So i opted out and wanted to come on here and do some digging first to see f there is any truth that this is a side effect of running wider tires on the stock rims. Anyone else seen wear on inside lip of tires and on rear sway bar when changing out tires?