C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Bad Service..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
Bad Service..........

The sales person, Shelly from Caliber Motor Mercedes was a great guy and I bought four cars at Caliber Motor Mercedes in a week; 2011 CLS, 2011 E550 coupe, 2011 C63, 2010 Sprinter. After couple months, I had so many bad experience taking my cars to Calibor Motor for service.

1. They cracked my carbon center console when they tried to program my key.

2. It took them 1,1/2 days to program a single key. Service provider said it is a standard procedure.

3. They ordered a replacement part under warranty but they forgot about it and never contact me. After 3 months when I went back they did not admit the warranty part.

4. They adjusted my headlights because it was not straight. Next day when I was driving on freeway at night, I turned on the headlights and they were pointing to the sky. I am not kidding. I can't see the car in front of me and it was very dangerous. I had them to re-adjust again.

5. I brought in a pre-owned Mercedes from a non-Mercedes dealership to do a pre-purchase full inspection. Caliber Mercedes technician said that the car was perfect and no major problem so I kept the car. After I took the car for a dent repair, they found out that the car was involved in a crash on the front driver side because the plastic frame that holds the headlight was completed crushed. I would not bought the car if I knew.

6. Serge from Benz-Works was servicing my 2011 CLS and found an oil leak. I took the car back to Caliber Mercedes again and they did not find the issue. I went back to Serge and we found out that they just wiped off the oil leak and did not want to repair it.

7. When I mentioned to the service adviser that their service is bad and they only have 2 star on yelp. He said, " I don't **** care about Yelp because only people complaints." He also called my friend what's up "G" during their conversation. I don't know why he acted like an idiot and we were treated like liars and the adviser was being unprofessional.

I will never go back anymore. Can anyone suggest me another dealership in southern California? What is the best way to file a complaints? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:39 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
That sucks!

I've had nothing but great experiences at Fletcher Jones in Newport.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by GuppyC63
The sales person, Shelly from Caliber Motor Mercedes was a great guy and I bought four cars at Caliber Motor Mercedes in a week; 2011 CLS, 2011 E550 coupe, 2011 C63, 2010 Sprinter. After couple months, I had so many bad experience taking my cars to Calibor Motor for service.

1. They cracked my carbon center console when they tried to program my key.

2. It took them 1,1/2 days to program a single key. Service provider said it is a standard procedure.

3. They ordered a replacement part under warranty but they forgot about it and never contact me. After 3 months when I went back they did not admit the warranty part.

4. They adjusted my headlights because it was not straight. Next day when I was driving on freeway at night, I turned on the headlights and they were pointing to the sky. I am not kidding. I can't see the car in front of me and it was very dangerous. I had them to re-adjust again.

5. I brought in a pre-owned Mercedes from a non-Mercedes dealership to do a pre-purchase full inspection. Caliber Mercedes technician said that the car was perfect and no major problem so I kept the car. After I took the car for a dent repair, they found out that the car was involved in a crash on the front driver side because the plastic frame that holds the headlight was completed crushed. I would not bought the car if I knew.

6. Serge from Benz-Works was servicing my 2011 CLS and found an oil leak. I took the car back to Caliber Mercedes again and they did not find the issue. I went back to Serge and we found out that they just wiped off the oil leak and did not want to repair it.

7. When I mentioned to the service adviser that their service is bad and they only have 2 star on yelp. He said, " I don't **** care about Yelp because only people complaints." He also called my friend what's up "G" during their conversation. I don't know why he acted like an idiot and we were treated like liars and the adviser was being unprofessional.

I will never go back anymore. Can anyone suggest me another dealership in southern California? What is the best way to file a complaints? Thanks.
Sorry to hear about such lousy service I know how you feel. I took my car to DTLA MBZ and they did such a terrible job at simple basic procedures, I vowed I would never take my car there ever again...but that's another story for another time.

If you are looking for a dealership, I can suggest you my personal friend, Charlie Kim, at House of Imports. He is my personal service adviser and he has always treated me and my car very well. He has also hooked me up with discounts and extra servicing at every visit. If you want, I can give him a call and let him know
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by danlnyc
Sorry to hear about such lousy service I know how you feel. I took my car to DTLA MBZ and they did such a terrible job at simple basic procedures, I vowed I would never take my car there ever again...but that's another story for another time.

If you are looking for a dealership, I can suggest you my personal friend, Charlie Kim, at House of Imports. He is my personal service adviser and he has always treated me and my car very well. He has also hooked me up with discounts and extra servicing at every visit. If you want, I can give him a call and let him know
Thanks. I will let you know next time when I need a service.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Talk to the mercedes benz 1-800 line headquarters and make a complaint. I made a complaint online one time about my Corvette Z06 and the service advisor told me that he got chewed. Believe it or not he actually called me at home to harass me and tell me that he got reprimended because my online survey.

I rather drive 100 miles away and find another dealer or even take it to a BMW dealer.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
I've written to letter to Mercedes head office NA and Germany....

Their dealer rating will go waaaaaay down. It'll give them a good wake up call!

The German don't muck about!
Old 12-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Talk to the mercedes benz 1-800 line headquarters and make a complaint. I made a complaint online one time about my Corvette Z06 and the service advisor told me that he got chewed. Believe it or not he actually called me at home to harass me and tell me that he got reprimended because my online survey.

I rather drive 100 miles away and find another dealer or even take it to a BMW dealer.
same thing happened to me with bmw- i complained on their survey call and the guy then called me to chew me out about my complaint!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 PM

C63
I left BMW because of lousy service. Hoping for better service with MBz.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
The sales person, Shelly from Caliber Motor Mercedes was a great guy and I bought four cars at Caliber Motor Mercedes in a week; 2011 CLS, 2011 E550 coupe, 2011 C63, 2010 Sprinter.
Sorry about the service issues. Would hate to see how they deal with routine customers. Have to ask how you came to buy four cars in a week, just curious?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Case1906
Sorry about the service issues. Would hate to see how they deal with routine customers. Have to ask how you came to buy four cars in a week, just curious?
I had all BMWs for 5 years and I got tire of it so I decided to change to all Mercedes this year. I wore shorts and sandals when I walked into the dealership and he was the only one talked to me. There were no other customers and three other sales person ignored me. Bought 3 cars in that day and 2 more later that week.

Last edited by GuppyC63; 12-04-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Jim Buote at Fletcher Jones. I've had good experiences and he has good taste in ride height. Lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:51 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow, that sux!!!!!! I have heard of terrible service but wow!!!
good luck taking care of the cars! those wimps will 'get theirs' you know!
you gotta believe!!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Fletcher Jones, I've used Dan Schmidt for 7 years he's thier premier service advisor.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:15 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Fletcher Jones, I've used Dan Schmidt for 7 years he's thier premier service advisor.
awesome sig pic man!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
I had all BMWs for 5 years and I got tire of it so I decided to change to all Mercedes this year. I wore shorts and sandals when I walked into the dealership and he was the only one talked to me. There were no other customers and three other sales person ignored me. Bought 3 cars in that day and 2 more later that week.
Great story. Lesson learned, Shelly has the last laugh on his fellow salesmen. You never know...
Old 12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
I remember this happening to my dad and I when I was a kid. I still laugh about it. He was just dressed for a casual Sunday, with a v-neck undershirt, shorts and sandals, and the salesmen walked up to us and told my dad that these cars are "expensive."

Regarding your service experience, I feel for ya, considering I've experienced my fair share of service disappointments during my c-class ownership. I'm honestly sick of fighting for decent service.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 PM

I really need everyone's help now. I have two appointments on my Black Series and Sprinter tomorrow with Anaheim Mercedes and I just received a voice mail from the adviser stating that they are not going to do any service for all my Mercedes. I post on yelp.com and I guess they really care about it and now my complaint is taken out of yelp.com. This is unbelievable and I am very upset. What should I do? Please help!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:09 PM

09 335i 03 CLK55 AMG
I can't believe how unappreciative dealerships could be. One person buying such an array of brand new or close to new cars in such a short period of time you would think they would be more responsive then anything.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to hear about your problems Guppy... and I'm speechless to hear they cant even give you a decent service after purchasing 4 cars from that dealership.

Well, dont worry about the dealerships not wanting to service your cars... it's their lost. Be patient, there is plenty of MB dealerships who would be glad to have your business... at least I would, if I know you have 4 Benz.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
I really need everyone's help now. I have two appointments on my Black Series and Sprinter tomorrow with Anaheim Mercedes and I just received a voice mail from the adviser stating that they are not going to do any service for all my Mercedes. I post on yelp.com and I guess they really care about it and now my complaint is taken out of yelp.com. This is unbelievable and I am very upset. What should I do? Please help!!!
You really need to call HEAD OFFICE or GERMANY.

They will set them straight!

Keep your post on yelp... Don't let them bully you!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

do you still want my friends #? I'm very sorry to hear about your situation I can't believe these dealerships have the power to remove criticism from a website where criticism is completely welcome....
Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by danlnyc
do you still want my friends #? I'm very sorry to hear about your situation I can't believe these dealerships have the power to remove criticism from a website where criticism is completely welcome....
I talked to my sales person and he said that he will straight things out. I am heading to see their service manager and hopefully he will take my matters seriously. I waited a long time get that warranty parts for my Black Series and I don't want to wait another month for it because B.S. warranty is ending soon. I will probably go to your service adviser after everything is taking care off. Please send me his direct line. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Rsquad911
You really need to call HEAD OFFICE or GERMANY.

They will set them straight!

Keep your post on yelp... Don't let them bully you!
Maybe, mabye not. It's worth a try, though.

My experience with MB is that what do they care if they lose 1 customer or 100 customer's? They are still going to make their money regardless. I've had really bad experiences with MB. And I'm still loyal. But, probably not after this car, unless the next C-class is awesome.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I talked to my sales person and he said that he will straight things out. I am heading to see their service manager and hopefully he will take my matters seriously. I waited a long time get that warranty parts for my Black Series and I don't want to wait another month for it because B.S. warranty is ending soon. I will probably go to your service adviser after everything is taking care off. Please send me his direct line. Thanks for your help.
PM sent