C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Help with decision and aqcuiring options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carless
Help with decision and aqcuiring options

Hi, I'll start of by saying I live in Ontario, Canada. My question is this: I am getting inheritance in the next couple of months and want to either lease or buy a car, depending on which one I choose probably. Now, am I better of just buying a used C63 that would be almost 25% of my money, leasing one for 3 or 4 years for about 13% (23k I would imagine) of my money, or going with another car completely. I know it is completely foolish and selfish to spend this amount of money on a car at this age, but I am allocating most of the money university and investing a good chunk into an RRSP as well. I don't need any "you don't need that kind of car or power." I'm responsible and truly have a passion for driving and well engineered and designed cars. To be clear, I am not just some young kid looking for lots of power and a badge for conspicuous consumption, that is for the posers of the car world. I considered a used M3, but feel the Merc, not to mention the AMG engine will last longer than an M motor. I am looking at a 2008 with about 50,000km or 30 000 miles. Plan to put 10,000kms a year max.I will get 2 years of CPO and will set aside for repairs outside of that. Now, on the other hand, I was considering a 2006 M5 and saving 10k, but the repairs and reliability on those scare me, especially ones that have 60,000 miles. I was thinking about an e55, but repairs and age scare me too. A used 335i chipped is also another economical car that can be made into a rocket ship, but lacks the sporting pretensions I am looking for. Any suggestions? Also, could financing the car and using the interest on my money to make the payments every year be a wise choice if I can get a lower finance rate through Merc than what I'm making on my money? Please no bashful or hateful or words of what I should be doing with my money. Life is simply too short to merely get from A to B.