C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Having a hard time deciding which Cat-less header tune...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Having a hard time deciding which Cat-less header tune...

Now that Weistec is on the scene. I have been in contact with them and they too can do a Cat-less LT header tune..

I recently purchased MHP LT headers at the beginning of the forum storm. Short story, I got the headers and no tune yet.

My options are in no particular order: EuroTec(Old MHP), OE Tuning, Kleemann, Weistec and Renntech.

I am currently running a Renntech stage 2 tune. I've been in contact with them, but the guy didn't know how the tune will run/work with the O2 sensors being moved down the exhaust stream with these headers. As Renntech's headers have the sensors in the exact same location as stock.

All the tunes are within a few hundred dollars of each other, so money is not the issue. I want something that's obviously going to perform but not grenade my engine.

Anyone who is running LT headers and tried some of these tunes to compare or can bring some input is welcome. No gay *** tuner wars, if you have experience, let me know.

I have 2 ECUs.. I might grab 2 tunes and see how they compare myself.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Merc63
Now that Weistec is on the scene. I have been in contact with them and they too can do a Cat-less LT header tune..

I recently purchased MHP LT headers at the beginning of the forum storm. Short story, I got the headers and no tune yet.

My options are in no particular order: EuroTec(Old MHP), OE Tuning, Kleemann, Weistec and Renntech.

I am currently running a Renntech stage 2 tune. I've been in contact with them, but the guy didn't know how the tune will run/work with the O2 sensors being moved down the exhaust stream with these headers. As Renntech's headers have the sensors in the exact same location as stock.

All the tunes are within a few hundred dollars of each other, so money is not the issue. I want something that's obviously going to perform but not grenade my engine.

Anyone who is running LT headers and tried some of these tunes to compare or can bring some input is welcome. No gay *** tuner wars, if you have experience, let me know.

Cory @ Kleemann also mentioned to me once before that the distance between the two sensors (per bank) is also critical. Take it for what it is worth. Good luck.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Call Andy...
Old 12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Even Money
Call Andy...
+63....give him a call about his new stuff
Old 12-05-2011, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Call Jeremy. Ask Mthis about his MHP and LT header config. He is running an OE tune now and his times before today were 11.09 or something. I bet he is coming home in the 10's today.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:52 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
no love huh lol, no worries.

Any of the companies will make the car perform like it should.

One thing to note...

almost everyone can code out the o2's so you don't get a check eng light, but the only person that I know of that can actually set the readyness sensors to ready status is Cory. (if you have to go through emissions)

Now, also, Cory is cool enough to set that on any tuned ecu without modifying the file on there!

Thought I would throw that out there and your going to love the tuned car!

Old 12-05-2011, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
i've got catless headers with eurocharged tune... no problems.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
While all the options you've named are solid, I've got the Kleemann tune with my MBH longtubes and can't say enough good things. The dyno results are strong, the AFR curve is spot on, and Cory at Kleemann USA is one of the best in the business.

I also hear Andy at MHP has some great new software, and he is also great to deal with.

Good luck.

Last edited by xtyper; 12-05-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
I've had both kleemann and eurocharged. Great companies, good customer service....there are a lot of options
Old 12-06-2011, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Merc63

So did you make your decision yet?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Going with OE tuning. Might try something else on the secondary ECU to compare in the spring too.

What sold me is the tuner (Jeremy) runs the same car DD as I. C63 with Cat-less headers. He's got to have a decent amount of time tweaking this file if he runs it in his own DD car is my logic.

Headers are supposed to show up today and if the weather stays decent here I will try get them installed in the next couple of weeks to report back.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by loungn14
almost everyone can code out the o2's so you don't get a check eng light, but the only person that I know of that can actually set the readyness sensors to ready status is Cory. (if you have to go through emissions)

Now, also, Cory is cool enough to set that on any tuned ecu without modifying the file on there!

Thought I would throw that out there and your going to love the tuned car!

If your state does emissions with a sniffer, then, no worries. But if you are in a state like NV that does emissions via OPBDII port, you will need 02 readiness ON.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
No emissions testing where I am at.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Headers are in. ECU going to OE tomorrow and should have everything installed next weekend if the roads stay clear. Will update on results.

Thanks To Andy at MHP for the headers. They look great and customer service was next to none.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Headers are in.. and WOW. LOUD??????? When people talk about how loud these things are, I thought they were just being sensitive. But these are really loud lol. I love it.

pigs are gonna be all over me tho.

Can't wait to take it for a spin and see how it runs once the new ECU gets back.

Thanks again MHP for an outstanding product. Build quality was bang on.