C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New Owner 2009 C63 PP help (ECU upgrade)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
New Owner 2009 C63 PP help (ECU upgrade)

Hey guys,

Sorry if it's been covered already, appreciate your patience reposting! I recently purchased a 2009 C63 with the performance package already installed. I've been reading that even though the car has the performance package, it still doesn't have the tune to bring up the hp. Is this true?

If so, I wanted any recommendations with ECU upgrades. Renntech is about 25 minutes away, do I go with their upgraded version? And with that, is it a completely separate ECU which I can install the factory version when I bring the car in for service?

Is the ECU upgrade a base map or is dyno/tuning time involved in the process?

Thanks guys.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
1) The 09's PP was suspension, alcantara wheel, brakes, LSD. 10+ is when they introduced the "development package" that had the ECU flash, so no you dont have it.

2) Renntech is the only (that I know of) tune that some dealers will honor under warranty so you may not need to be concerned depending on your dealer

3) It's a flash so no dyno time unless you want it, and not a separate ECU to swap
Old 12-08-2011, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Welcome and just a heads-up - all of this information has been covered ad nauseum on the forum so you really should invest a little time and search.

2009 PP does not include a factory ecu upgrade. There are several popular aftermarket options that offer similar gains (which you can search.) They simply re-program your existing ecu re-writing code, mapping, etc. It's a very simple plug and play mod. Dyno tuning is an option most vendors offer. You'll have to purchase a separate ecu from the dealer and have it VIN-coded if you're concerned with warranty issues etc.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Thanks BK63AMG. I'll definitely use the search more often now! I see you have a 2009, do you have any recommendations on what you did on your car?

I mentioned Renntech only because they're close by. Their fairly pricey just for a reflash at $3k. I thought that would include a separate ecu. I'm definitely worried about warranty issues and will check with the dealerships around. Having a second ecu would be ideal if it's not covered.