Can i get my car before x-mas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63C
Can i get my car before x-mas?

Hi guys,
I was told by my dealership today that my car with no pp and designo red interior is produced however ship date has not been assigned yet.
He says he will try everything he can to get my car this month but in realistic standpoint it doesn't make sense to me.
From my understanding, it takes a good 3-4 weeks in port to port transit time.
He says it might have shipped already but not updated in the system.
Is this possible?
This wait time is killing me!
Any advice based on experience is appreciated.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Where are you? OOPS! NJ? You are in luck. The ships from Germany land in Baltimore before Brunswick, GA. It only takes about 3 days from Baltimore to NJ. Where did the car get on a ship? When did the car get on a ship? You can find the shipping calendar between Bremerhaven, Germany and the USA here:

http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/

If you have the VIN number, some people have been able to track their car on the ship. I never could get it to work.

When I was waiting for the GLK, another member of this forum had their GLK built the day before mine. Because of the ship shcedule, etc., they got their GLK in NJ about 3 weeks qicker than I got mine in Texas.

My GLK arrived at Brunswick, GA on a Sunday, November 6 & arrived at my dealer in Tyler, TX the following Saturday, November 12.

My GLK experience:

Oct 11, 2011. Build date at Breman.
Oct 19, 2011. Working backwards because I could not track my VIN through the shipping company. Our GLK350 leaves Bremerhaven aboard the Topeka.
Nov 6, 2011. Topeka docks at Brunswick, GA at ~5pm.
Nov 7, 2011. Email from dealer confirming that our GLK was in the US.
Nov 12, 2011. GLK350 offloaded at dealer in Tyler, TX. 6 days & 900 miles from Brunswick, GA VPC to Classic-Tyler Mercedes-Benz.
Nov 19, 2011. Delivery date. My delay. Not the fault of M-B or dealer.

Good luck.

Wayne

Last edited by venchka; 12-09-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14' CLS550
Thats just him being a salesman.. he doesnt even know if it got shipped yet, once it gets shipped its a good 3 weeks to get to your dealer. Just like my salesman said about my E350 " yea its on the ship already" one week later i speak with him, he tells me "it should be getting on the ship this week" just lies to keep you happy