C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

1. Smart Phone Hell 2. Top End

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
1. Smart Phone Hell 2. Top End

I bought a new Galaxy Nexus got it to mate but when you tried to make a call it sounded like the old analog phones when you were loosing a tower. I called MB and they said the phone wouldn't work with the car so I took it back. I checked MB's approved list this AM and guess what ? The Galaxy Nexus is on the compatibility list now. It's got the iPod integration Kit on it but I hate iPhones. I plan on calling them about this tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

One other question what's "Delimitation of top speed to 174 mph." In my world they pulled the limiter off but then what's the top end?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Normal top speed is cut off at 155 mph. The performance package has the top speed cut off at 174 mph
Old 01-02-2012, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
and an ecu tune has no top speed limiter ;-)
Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 PM

C63
Originally Posted by BK63amg
and an ecu tune has no top speed limiter ;-)
Well, shes got a Kleemann tune, headers, and exhaust.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5
Originally Posted by ergon
Well, shes got a Kleemann tune, headers, and exhaust.
Then the only speed limiter you have is drag...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 porsche 996 turbo
most tuners simply set the limiter to a speed you cant attain
Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 AM

2012 C63 AMG, 2003 M3 convertible (sold)
Originally Posted by ergon
I bought a new Galaxy Nexus got it to mate but when you tried to make a call it sounded like the old analog phones when you were loosing a tower. I called MB and they said the phone wouldn't work with the car so I took it back. I checked MB's approved list this AM and guess what ? The Galaxy Nexus is on the compatibility list now. It's got the iPod integration Kit on it but I hate iPhones. I plan on calling them about this tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?
My Galaxy Nexus works just fine over bluetooth. Maybe you really are getting a poor signal. I usually put the phone in the cupholder.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
I was told by Jerry at Eurocharged that tuned C63s are capable of 180+ top speed...though I don't think many of us will ever see that speed!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by BK63amg
I was told by Jerry at Eurocharged that tuned C63s are capable of 180+ top speed...though I don't think many of us will ever see that speed!
that they are....we ran ours at the texas mile...

Hit 180+ in testing in greater distances then a mile, hit 170 at the mile at the mile itself
Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Most dealers and manufacturers are full of crap when it comes to a supported device or not. In many cases, it is the device itself that is the problem, as long as the auto manufacturer implements the Bluetooth spec correctly (which they have to as the Bluetooth SIG, the group that grants BT certification, ie the BT logo you see plastered on anything, rules with an iron fist).

The problem comes with implementation, and unfortunately, in the Android world, there is alot of fragmentation (different versions of android with different bluetooth drivers for different hardware). With iphones, it is all the same hardware, and 1 driver, the IOS one, so there are less problems.

I found that my Galaxy S and S II LTE both had problems with the crappy stock ATT ROM on the phones, and the audio was horrible. The custom replacement ROMS I used had no such problems, as they are based on AOSP Android (the way it was released by Google and not f'd up by the carriers). Drivers come from the maker (Samsung in my case). Audio problems are almost always going to be phone related problems.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 PM

C63
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Most dealers and manufacturers are full of crap when it comes to a supported device or not. In many cases, it is the device itself that is the problem, as long as the auto manufacturer implements the Bluetooth spec correctly (which they have to as the Bluetooth SIG, the group that grants BT certification, ie the BT logo you see plastered on anything, rules with an iron fist).

The problem comes with implementation, and unfortunately, in the Android world, there is alot of fragmentation (different versions of android with different bluetooth drivers for different hardware). With iphones, it is all the same hardware, and 1 driver, the IOS one, so there are less problems.

I found that my Galaxy S and S II LTE both had problems with the crappy stock ATT ROM on the phones, and the audio was horrible. The custom replacement ROMS I used had no such problems, as they are based on AOSP Android (the way it was released by Google and not f'd up by the carriers). Drivers come from the maker (Samsung in my case). Audio problems are almost always going to be phone related problems.
Thanks, I went out to one of our local office and had them do the Galaxy Nexus. Called the wife and it was clear as a bell.