C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Whole Bunch of Track Day Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of fast cars.
Whole Bunch of Track Day Video

Rather than repost everything I just wrote, here's a link to the board in Dallas I'm a member of, went to Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, TX (DFW Area). Had a blast with a great group guys and fun cars. Some pretty cool vid if I do say so myself. Oh, and before I get any flames about the guy in the old Nissan, that dude is FAAAAST . I was running some pretty good laps and the only person really passing me was a guy in Boss 302 race car. This was only my second time out at MSR, first in the C63, and for this event I kept the TC on as the course can be very slippery and I don't feel confident at this track yet. The guy in the GTI (Me Trailing Brian) was pointing me by, but I didn't want to pass him as I was having fun following him and he's my friend so wanted to give him some good vid so he can look at his line plus he practically lives at MSR. The video title "Nerces Driving my C63" is of a very accomplished driver, essentially, drifting through the whole course (my arms are sore from holding on). The BMW in the video is a 335ix with a tune and some suspension mods, which favors him at this track.

It's a short track (1.7 miles) and favors the smaller cars and the cars with all wheel drive. I was, literally, boiling my brakes the second of the day even though I have Motul 600 in the car, brake pedal to the floor at the end of the last session and very little stopping power (this with race pads on the car).

PSS performed very well, I think I may even get one more event out of the fronts (that will make 3 whoohoo).

http://www.dfwautoclub.com/forums/sh...1417#post81417

Last edited by derek; 01-03-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Great vids. Agree with your 'need no brakes' driver; more camber is needed. Helps you with the understeer as well as longevity of the tires when on a track. He definitely had them PSSs singing. Good thing about that is they are telegraphing grip unlike R-Dots, like Hoosiers.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of fast cars.
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Great vids. Agree with your 'need no brakes' driver; more camber is needed. Helps you with the understeer as well as longevity of the tires when on a track. He definitely had them PSSs singing. Good thing about that is they are telegraphing grip unlike R-Dots, like Hoosiers.
I aspire to the "need no brakes" part!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Great vids! I look forward to seeing more from you!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
i liked watching those guys beat up on those mustangs.

ill have to start going out there with you guys when i can clear some stuff off my plate and get a break.

its cool that you got nerces to go out there.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by derek
I aspire to the "need no brakes" part!

You'll get there. Don't worry. Do the things he told you and you will notice a difference. But don't rush it.

My first set of tires, PS2s, lasted all of 2700 miles; with track, AXs, DD and stock alignment.

I changed my toe, camber, F & R, and am now at 3000 miles after what amounts to 4 DEs, 2 AXs and DD duty. The tires look and measure like they'd be good for more DD and 2 DEs before cording: 4/32 after 10/32 new.

HTH

P.S.
Find someone with a less hp car but a faster time; learn from them. They are faster in the corners.

Last edited by amdeutsch; 01-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.