C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New c63coupe arrived! But I can't (shouldn't) pick it up :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc c63 AMG Coupe, Lexus LX450 Suv
New c63coupe arrived! But I can't (shouldn't) pick it up :(

HI all!! So placed an order for c63coupe (lighting, multimedia, red/black interior, aluminum, and black exterior) back in October.
Is a lease, asked for delivery in March, due to wonderful midwest winters.

So, dealer emails me earlier in the week, and says that my car had already been built and "should be here soon".

I swear, not even 2 days later, he emails me "your car is here, looks Awesome!!! and is in the showroom!!)

Of course, this caught me off guard, did not expect it to be here so soon! Now I'm both excited, and confused, what should I do? Weather has been mild, although just today got 6 inches of snow (northwest IL).

My dream car is here, just sitting in the showroom for everyone, but myself to admire.

Would you guys pick it up, or wait a bit for weather to quite down, I really wasn't planning on using it for winter driving, but its oh so tempting to have my baby sitting in the garage!

Here are a few pics he shot for me from his phone.
Attached Thumbnails New c63coupe arrived! But I can't (shouldn't) pick it up :(-photo-1.jpg   New c63coupe arrived! But I can't (shouldn't) pick it up :(-photo-2.jpg   New c63coupe arrived! But I can't (shouldn't) pick it up :(-photo.jpg  
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
First off, Congrats! Secondly, I'd pick it up because it is now a demo vehicle and everyone is going to be sitting in it.Put it in the Garage.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
I have the exact same dilemma with my Sedan.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
Wait for the weather to clear up a bit. It's still in good hands with the dealer. Whenever a situation like this arises, I always think of this phrase: "what we want is often sacrificed by what we want right now." Go there and visit it though, just to make sure it's doing ok.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 PM

It is funny isn't it, I was completely ok with picking up the car in March, I really had put the car in the back of my mind and to not get overly excited about it.

But now, its here, and I just want to sit in it, and love it, and hold it, and...
OK, you get the point lol

But best would be to wait, I did email the dealer to make sure that no one is sitting/driving my car though.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
It won't be new by the time you get it. People will be sitting in it, may get scratched , etc. Takeit home for you to enjoy and not others to sit in, etc
Old 01-21-2012, 01:27 AM

2001 Lamborghini Diablo, 2009 SL65 (sold), 1998 CL600 (sold), 1989 560SEL (sold)
Are you going to take it back to the dealer every winter?
Old 01-21-2012, 01:34 AM

Falcon, No I will not.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I stated that it is a leased vehicle, so if I pick it up now, I will be paying for a month possibly or more, that I will not be using the vehicle.

I understand you might be "better off" than I am, but I value the dollar, and I'm sure others do as well.

The question is whether its worth it to just have the vehicle with me, and eat the cost?

But I appreciate your very "sly" comment, it is quite constructive and surely adds to this thread
take care
H
Old 01-21-2012, 01:54 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Pick up the car already. I assume it can be sold if you don't sign the papers, right? Besides, other people will be sitting in the car and possibly driving it.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:01 AM

The more and more I think about it, i just might have to go pick it up.

I have already made downpayment, so i assume of course it will not be sold to anyone, but alas, one may never know.

Maybe I will just have to eat the cost for a month while it sits in my garage. Could be worse things in life than having a c63amg cozy in a garage.

hmm, we shall see, will make a decision this week.
thanks for comments
H
Old 01-21-2012, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Good luck driving on ice or snow with summer tires.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:37 AM

2012 C63 AMG
I'm also in the same boat. I would play it day by day and keep an eye on the forecast. Best thing to do is probably get some winter wheels and tires and swap them on before you take it home, but if you have to drive it out with the summers (I'll be in this situation next week), try and plan your route home with the cleanest roads possible with no precipitation and try and find a day that is above freezing.

My dealer is cleaning up my C63 this weekend and will be ready for delivery early next week. The winter wheel and tire package that comes with taking delivery in January is backordered until who knows when, and the only break in the weather up here is this coming week, so I made the decision to try and get her home while we get some decent above freezing weather.

Good luck!

Alternatively, you could get it put on a flatbed and delivered to your house.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:42 AM

thanks for the reply!

I did inquire about the winter tire/wheel package.
Dealer stated it was/is only something offered to our friendly neighbors in the North, so no luck here!

If I were to take delivery, the car would simply be used as eye candy in the garage, as I have a fairly capable vehicle for this wonderful element we call snow
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 AM

2012 C63 AMG
Better eye candy in your garage than in the dealership...I worked at a local dealership many years ago and I still shudder at the way some families just let their kids loose in the dealership. Not trying to scare you, but it can be a horrid site watching greasy hands touching and scratching at brand new cars in the showroom, and if they have access to the interior, jump around inside etc. and tug on the shifter...
Old 01-21-2012, 02:51 AM

2001 Lamborghini Diablo, 2009 SL65 (sold), 1998 CL600 (sold), 1989 560SEL (sold)
Originally Posted by mrhdream
Falcon, No I will not.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but I stated that it is a leased vehicle, so if I pick it up now, I will be paying for a month possibly or more, that I will not be using the vehicle.

I understand you might be "better off" than I am, but I value the dollar, and I'm sure others do as well.

The question is whether its worth it to just have the vehicle with me, and eat the cost?

But I appreciate your very "sly" comment, it is quite constructive and surely adds to this thread
take care
H
Sorry, just trying to have fun with you. Reading your original post I thought the issue was the weather. Not delaying the start of your lease. Enjoy your new car. I drove the C63 coupe at the AMG driving academy, very impressive. I love the two tone interior.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 AM

I will be honest and say I am fairly OCD when it comes to marks/scratches/blemishes, on a vehicle.

Just listening to the comments about the possible adverse treatment received at a dealership is starting to get me worked up a bit!

Man, I just hate not knowing how the car is being treated! arggh!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 AM

2012 C63 AMG
lol I'm the same way. I inspect my car from every angle to make sure it's perfect at delivery or I don't take it. I usually ask for it to be ready a day or two in advance so I can do a pre-pre inspection and point out any issues I have that they can correct before I take final delivery. Adults sometimes can be worse than children, even if they put a SOLD sign on it and lock the door, you'll definitely get people that will touch the car and tug on the door handles. I prefer the car not be prepped prior to delivery until the last possible day they can wait so that it doesn't sit in the showroom.

It's a worst case scenario, but I don't have a positive view of the dealership floor haha. Anything cleaned up and in there is fair game to people unless they rope it off which they probably won't unless you get an SLS!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Pick it up before they use your car as a test drive vehicle.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Can't you get them to take it out of the showroom? They probably have a storage area somewhere.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of fast cars.
Buy it and eliminate the dilemma. The residual at the end of a lease sucks. If you were to finance 70k at 3.9% (which is high I got 1.9 on mine) at the end of 36 months on a 60 month loan you would owe $29,644.71 and you could sell it and walk away with some money I'm sure. I hate leases, they provide no real value other than lowering a payment a couple hundred bucks, no real tax advantage IMHO. Figure EVEN IF the lease was 300 a month less than the finance payment you would spend 10800 less over 36 months BUT what's the residual? If the residual is $45k, you just took about $5k in the *** if you can sell the car in 36 months for $45k which is completely plausible since you're not going to be driving it that much (why would you lease if you were). These figures are all arbitrary, but you get my point.

Last edited by derek; 01-21-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by derek
Buy it and eliminate the dilemma. The residual at the end of a lease sucks. If you were to finance 70k at 3.9% (which is high I got 1.9 on mine) at the end of 36 months on a 60 month loan you would owe $29,644.71 and you could sell it and walk away with some money I'm sure. I hate leases, they provide no real value other than lowering a payment a couple hundred bucks, no real tax advantage IMHO. Figure EVEN IF the lease was 300 a month less than the finance payment you would spend 10800 less over 36 months BUT what's the residual? If the residual is $45k, you just took about $5k in the *** if you can sell the car in 36 months for $45k which is completely plausible since you're not going to be driving it that much (why would you lease if you were). These figures are all arbitrary, but you get my point.
+1 wELL SAID
Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
I really think its 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. My dealer held my car for almost a month as I settled an insurance issue and I just asked them to lock the car if it was in the showroom and they did. Problem solved. No one is going to key the car or stuff a pizza pocket in the cd player. It will be fully detailed and immaculate when you get it. Making sure its perfect on delivery is MB's issue.

If you have a deposit on that car they can't sell it on you just because it arrived early. You have already explained to them the period in which you are prepared to lease the car. Simply RE explain that to them and itll be fine. Storage and carrying costs are MB's issue.

If you drive it now and ding it in the snow the only real problem is having an accident on record and how that affects the cars value. Since you are leasing and not buying at the end of the term you simply flip them the keys and move on. The vehicle's resale value is MB's issue.

The only factors for you to consider that may make you go get it now are cash flow and self control. Or lack thereof as the case may be. The only person that can comment on that really is yourself. Believe me when I say I understand perfectly what you mean as I always have an issue with delayed gratification in our instant world.

The Italians have an expression for this that translates to "my delicious cross". Roughly, it means that I am suffering but that it such sweet sweet torture. Remember, deciding whether to get a Benz today or in 6 weeks is a "high class problem" that you are lucky to have and try to enjoy the dilemma somewhat instead of having it weigh you down. I really don't thing there is a wrong answer here. Do what's right for you and you can't go wrong!

All the best and I look forward to the pics!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:38 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
oh ho man!!
the dream car is there!......go get it and put it in YOUR garage!
and enjoy!
I agree, it might get all scratched and bruised by gawkers you know?
give it the home it deserves!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:08 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
If I was buying it, I'd definitely pick it up. But since you're leasing it, I'd keep it at the dealership till you're ready.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM

UGR TT Lambo
If you'd like, I can hold onto it until the end of winter! : )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New c63coupe arrived! But I can't (shouldn't) pick it up :(