C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2009 P30 confusion...need quick answer, help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Exclamation 2009 P30 confusion...need quick answer, help!

OK...so I'm literally trying to close a deal on a 2009 CPO C63 tomorrow, but talking to the salesperson today has left me totally confused. They insist the car has "limited slip differential lock", and "top speed delimited to 174 mph".

So I asked if the car has the P30 package and the salesman told me that the P30 package wasn't available in 2009 but the individual parts could be ordered and purchased on their own, so whoever initially ordered this car got the LSD and top speed, but didn't order the suspension, brakes, or alcantara wheel.

From reading on here, I thought they all came as one package? Now it's got me wondering if the package is even on the car at all? I had a friend locally go look at the the car and he said there's definitely no alcantara steering wheel or 19 inch wheels, and he said the brakes are 1 piece rotors, not two piece. The LSD and top speed I guess I wouldn't be able to visually verify.

Please someone clarify for me? I just want to make sure I'm not being misled.

Thanks so much!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M156
There were partially equipped P30 cars. Don't get confused. You are stating it's a cpo car so I'm assuming that's a MB dealer. Why don't you ask him to show you a build sheet of the car. It should be very simple.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Im not sure the answer to your question since I wasn't looking at a C63 back in 09 but you can get them to hoist the car and you'll see the slip diff. I know the options could be ordered separately back then so the dealer is correct. Really the only concern I see is the LSD and you will be able to get them to show you. Otherwise just do a burn out and you will be able to tell very easily! lol Everything else (options) you mentioned can be added afterwards even the diff if you look on this thread you will see it all. Ex. steering wheel (you can even get 2012), delimit, diff, wheels, suspension etc. The only reason I have P31 on my car was so the diff was under warranty but your car will be out of warranty soon. If you are getting a good deal on the car I would just go for it. You will see all the amazing things you can do with this car afterwards. Good luck with the purchase!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Thanks guys! I feel better about it now.

It's just that everything I've read up until now suggested that it was all a package but now knowing that it could have been ordered individually I feel better.

I'll ask for a build sheet to confirm the LSD since that's all I was really concerned about. It's going to be my daily driver so the brakes and suspension I'm not too worried about.

It's an '09 with 30k on it with iPod, nav, P2, AMG leather, tele-aid etc. CPO for $44k. Sound good?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 & C63PP, 203CL
when you see code "471" on the datacard from the car (at EPC) he have LSD!!

and code "250" (driver package) for the V-max....
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Yep exactly as someone posted above, some of the early p30 packages came incomplete due to lack of parts at the factory. So there are some oddball p30's out there with no alcantara (most common as I recall) or no LSD, etc.

Its not that people were ordering them incomplete, the p30 pkg was very orderable in 09, it's that some people got an unfortunate surprise when they came in.

Definitely check the build sheet.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Yep exactly as someone posted above, some of the early p30 packages came incomplete due to lack of parts at the factory. So there are some oddball p30's out there with no alcantara (most common as I recall) or no LSD, etc.

Its not that people were ordering them incomplete, the p30 pkg was very orderable in 09, it's that some people got an unfortunate surprise when they came in.

Definitely check the build sheet.
+1
That's how my 09 came in. They ran out of parts, so I only got the LSD, and top speed delimited. MB credited back the cost of the P30 and charged only the LSD ($1200). 20/20 hindsight has shown that the original P30 suspension was too stiff for almost everybody, and not getting the suspension in the package was a blessing. You will love that car. Price seems good too. I will suggest a Kleeman tune though to take full advantage of how that engine was meant to run.