Quaife LSD install problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Quaife LSD install problem

So i bought Quaife LSD recently and i tried to install but couldn't, Quaife didn't deliver any instruction/installment manual with the part. Though when i asked them for the way they simply said to use MB manual. I cant find it anyhow.

Can anybody installed this help me at least ?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
gotta take it to a shop that can install it properly...definitely not a DIY

have to get pinion depth, backlash, pinion bearing pre-load and carrier bearing pre-load just right. not doing so can result in noise coming from the diff and even it locking up, potentially killing your driveline and simultaneously throwing you off the road..

take it to a tuning shop - they should know what to do...just make sure they use MB specs for the above parameters. that info won't be in the owner's manual.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

C63
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
gotta take it to a shop that can install it properly...definitely not a DIY

have to get pinion depth, backlash, pinion bearing pre-load and carrier bearing pre-load just right. not doing so can result in noise coming from the diff and even it locking up, potentially killing your driveline and simultaneously throwing you off the road..

take it to a tuning shop - they should know what to do...just make sure they use MB specs for the above parameters. that info won't be in the owner's manual.
Would it be better to take it to a MB dealer ?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Sirex63
Would it be better to take it to a MB dealer ?
I don't know...they might be able to do it, but they have to have the proper tools - mine did not so I had to get rid of the LSD...wasn't willing to take a chance on improper install.

Sorry that I don't know more, but this isn't my realm of expertise...all I know is that it isn't as easy as opening up the case and putting the unit in (I wish it was!)

Just talk to your store maybe and see if they have the tools to properly install it, and if not, who they might recommend.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E550C, Sierra Denali
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
I don't know...they might be able to do it, but they have to have the proper tools - mine did not so I had to get rid of the LSD...wasn't willing to take a chance on improper install.

Sorry that I don't know more, but this isn't my realm of expertise...all I know is that it isn't as easy as opening up the case and putting the unit in (I wish it was!)

Just talk to your store maybe and see if they have the tools to properly install it, and if not, who they might recommend.
Mercedes Benz of Nashville has a tech who knows how and has installed LSD: including Quaife.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM

09' C63 AMG, 00' S2000 (track toy)
WHat do mean you tried to install it? How far did you get? You'll definatley need the WIS from the Mercedes repair manual. You would have to subscribe to it.

BrianS did DIY from an E63.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...e-install.html
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
sirex how much have you spent on your car ? :P and what r the performance numbers ?? btw ana min li kuwait, and i go to dubai often ! my dad works there !!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Your MB dealer can install this, but I don't think you want to pay their labor rate
Old 01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Quaife wouldn't provide any installation instructions.... but PM me and i can do my best to help you... when did you purchase your quaife? if after November of 2011, can you please send me a picture of the quaife... there are two versions now a larger one which will require modification to fit into the opening of the pumpkin, and the standard one that drops right in.

James@ACGsandiego.com