C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Media Interace Plus install after command retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
Media Interace Plus install after command retrofit

Hello I will like to know if any of you out there who has done a command retrofit on a 09 w204 has installed the media interface plus (box that goes on the glove compartment).

If so I know you need a cable harness that connects from the command to the glove compartment to where the Media Plus box will be connected.

I have the iPod kit already on my glove compartment which came from factory.

If you know the part no for this harness please let me know cause I will be having the command retrofit done and will like to have this too.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM

home the point
I thought about it, but the additional features provided aren't worth the money (~$1000) and the effort IMO. I can pretty much get everything I want with the combination of memory card and Anystream, all of which costed me around $150.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 AM

2009 C63
The one u are mentioning the media interface kit, I am talking about the interface plus that is a box you connect in the glove compartment and you can use pandora, see ipod on the big screen, see emails & texts. Its about $275.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by cptdaz
I thought about it, but the additional features provided aren't worth the money (~$1000) and the effort IMO. I can pretty much get everything I want with the combination of memory card and Anystream, all of which costed me around $150.
What is anystream?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:58 AM

home the point
Originally Posted by LuisR
The one u are mentioning the media interface kit, I am talking about the interface plus that is a box you connect in the glove compartment and you can use pandora, see ipod on the big screen, see emails & texts. Its about $275.
No, I'm talking about the MIP, which is $300 everywhere I looked. The retrofit kit is about ~$700 (maybe more) on that UK command site.

Anystream is basically a bluetooth dongle that connects to your phone and play Pandora (or any audio source) through to your car audio. Works very well and the only issue is the lack of control through Comand, through you can still control skipping with the steering wheel interface.