C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Question about resale on matte finish or edition one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Question about resale on matte finish or edition one

Curious what people's opinions are on the re-sale value of vehicles with matte paint. Do they fetch less on the used market?

Also, curious if the edition one will hold its value better since its a "special" edition, or if that won't make a difference and we're back to the matte question.

So could an edition one coupe actually be less valuable in re-sale due to its matte finish?

I am considering one and wondering if I should considering leasing for this reason.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C63 Edition1 Sedan
I got an edition 1 sedan, only get matte If its what you like, dont worry about resale. Impossible to predict.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C250 Coupe
The one thing I do notice in the classified ads is inflated asking prices due to special editions/colors/perceived rarity etc etc.

IMO, in the long run, you won't get any more for your special paint, but you won't get any less.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
^^

You won't get any less ONLY if you manage to keep the matte paint finish in good condition. I highly doubt most owners will be able to keep theirs in great condition plus the fact that, unlike traditional paint finishes, a simple cut polish will make their car much more attractive to a potential buyer. Besides, matte paint is really just a fad and will not appeal to a large percentage of people. But like others have said, buy what you like, its an AMG so resale value really shouldn't be a serious consideration!