Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order

I am sure a few of you have already seen my thread on the PL but I want to spread the word.

I have to speak up on my absolute disgust with MB/AMG, MBUSA with their handling of my C63 BS order. I have been working with my dealership MB of Naperville since early October 2011 trying to secure an allocation. I filled out paperwork, lots of paperwork, I gave a $5000 deposit(would have done more if needed), I did everything I was asked. My salesmen and delaership were great in keeping me informed once or twice a week on progress, or lack there of. My dealership begged and begged people at the regional level and national level of MBUSA trying to get updates, info and to secure me an allocation but they could never get a firm answer. Finally a month ago they said they didn't think that the allocation they were promised was going to come through and suggested we try to secure the allocation from their sister dealership MB of Westmont (only about 10 miles up the road). I agreed and told them to go ahead with that. I was told my car was on order and they were changing that car/PO to the exact equipment and color I specified. On Monday of this week I get a call from my salesman saying they we're having trouble with the order, it sounded to me like the sister dealership was getting greedy and wanted to sell the car over MSRP to me or possibly another customer. I was out of the country on a cruise so we played some phone tag but in short my dealer still did not have any build, tracking or PO info on my car from the other dealership. Meanwhile my salesman has since called 6 other dealers across the US with allocations that still looked available on Star Net but all those dealerships wanted $20,000 to $30,000 to purchase the allocation.

WTF Mercedes??? I am a loyal customer that has been trying to get one of these since the day they were announced yet you could not get my dealer an allocation???? I bought my CLK BS from this very same dealer (MB Naperville), I assumed got me one back in 2007 they could get me one now. They also sold an SL65 BS and several SLS's.

Well F you MB and take my order and SHOVE IT!!! I will gladly send my $150k to Stuttgart if you don't want my business. This has been the most difficult car purchase I have ever tried to make. I am not sure what the disconnect is between Germany, MBUSA and the Dealers but somebody somewhere along the line dropped the ball big time. For the record it was not my dealership or salesperson, they kept me informed with calls, texts and e-mails at least a couple times each week, sometimes I recieved daily updates. I saw e-mails that were sent and recieved. I know we are all quick to blame the dealerships in most instances but in this particular instance my dealer was not at fault. Now the other dealers and the ones asking $30,000 over MSRP are an entirely different story.

To add insult to injury I had commitments from a TV show and a magazine to do features on my car after I got the mods comleted, I had big plans for this car and it would have been great publicity for MB/AMG I would imagine, but they screwed themselves there too.

I just thought I would let you guys know how MB/AMG is treating good loyal customrs these days, I bought 4 MB's from them in the past 4 years but i don't think I will be buying anymore.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jrcart
I am sure a few of you have already seen my thread on the PL but I want to spread the word.

I have to speak up on my absolute disgust with MB/AMG, MBUSA with their handling of my C63 BS order. I have been working with my dealership MB of Naperville since early October 2011 trying to secure an allocation. I filled out paperwork, lots of paperwork, I gave a $5000 deposit(would have done more if needed), I did everything I was asked. My salesmen and delaership were great in keeping me informed once or twice a week on progress, or lack there of. My dealership begged and begged people at the regional level and national level of MBUSA trying to get updates, info and to secure me an allocation but they could never get a firm answer. Finally a month ago they said they didn't think that the allocation they were promised was going to come through and suggested we try to secure the allocation from their sister dealership MB of Westmont (only about 10 miles up the road). I agreed and told them to go ahead with that. I was told my car was on order and they were changing that car/PO to the exact equipment and color I specified. On Monday of this week I get a call from my salesman saying they we're having trouble with the order, it sounded to me like the sister dealership was getting greedy and wanted to sell the car over MSRP to me or possibly another customer. I was out of the country on a cruise so we played some phone tag but in short my dealer still did not have any build, tracking or PO info on my car from the other dealership. Meanwhile my salesman has since called 6 other dealers across the US with allocations that still looked available on Star Net but all those dealerships wanted $20,000 to $30,000 to purchase the allocation.

WTF Mercedes??? I am a loyal customer that has been trying to get one of these since the day they were announced yet you could not get my dealer an allocation???? I bought my CLK BS from this very same dealer (MB Naperville), I assumed got me one back in 2007 they could get me one now. They also sold an SL65 BS and several SLS's.

Well F you MB and take my order and SHOVE IT!!! I will gladly send my $150k to Stuttgart if you don't want my business. This has been the most difficult car purchase I have ever tried to make. I am not sure what the disconnect is between Germany, MBUSA and the Dealers but somebody somewhere along the line dropped the ball big time. For the record it was not my dealership or salesperson, they kept me informed with calls, texts and e-mails at least a couple times each week, sometimes I recieved daily updates. I saw e-mails that were sent and recieved. I know we are all quick to blame the dealerships in most instances but in this particular instance my dealer was not at fault. Now the other dealers and the ones asking $30,000 over MSRP are an entirely different story.

To add insult to injury I had commitments from a TV show and a magazine to do features on my car after I got the mods comleted, I had big plans for this car and it would have been great publicity for MB/AMG I would imagine, but they screwed themselves there too.

I just thought I would let you guys know how MB/AMG is treating good loyal customrs these days, I bought 4 MB's from them in the past 4 years but i don't think I will be buying anymore.

Sorry to hear that. That really stinks. Nothing worse than getting the run around. Hopefully it can still work out for you. Don't give up yet.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
In a word, that SUCKS
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by propain
Sorry to hear that. That really stinks. Nothing worse than getting the run around. Hopefully it can still work out for you. Don't give up yet.
I gave up already, probably going to try to get my hands on a Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 I really let them have it on AMG Private Lounge so I'm sure I am not getting squat from them...I think they call it burning a bridge, I think I blew the bridge sky friggin high LOL.

I guess you guys are going to have to hope that somebody else that buys a C63 BS mods the hell out of it like I was going to do.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
MB dealers leave a lot to desire from my experience and it seems that the "suits" at corporate could care less about customers. I read your thread on the PL and also the other guy's thread about trying to source an SLS. Both stories are infuriating from a consumer/enthusiasts perceptive.

I wonder if they frown upon your modding of their beloved BSs?
Even if they tell you they like it, I wonder what they really think.

Personally, I think the people at MB/AMG in Germany look down on their US customers--they think we're all a bunch of fanny pack wearing, cowboy hat wearing overweight pigs enjoying "cheap" gasoline!

Don't sweat it jrcart--the C63BS might be the latest and greatest from Affalterbach, but I don't think it's all that. There's better cars out there for the money, they just don't have an AMG badge
Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
that's BS (no pun intended) ! i can't believe that they can't get you one . no way in hell i would buy a car that was marked up that much by a dealer because it was a limited production vehicle . i would do exactly what you are doing and look for something better .
Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by black-clk500
MB dealers leave a lot to desire from my experience and it seems that the "suits" at corporate could care less about customers. I read your thread on the PL and also the other guy's thread about trying to source an SLS. Both stories are infuriating from a consumer/enthusiasts perceptive.

I wonder if they frown upon your modding of their beloved BSs?
Even if they tell you they like it, I wonder what they really think.

Personally, I think the people at MB/AMG in Germany look down on their US customers--they think we're all a bunch of fanny pack wearing, cowboy hat wearing overweight pigs enjoying "cheap" gasoline!

Don't sweat it jrcart--the C63BS might be the latest and greatest from Affalterbach, but I don't think it's all that. There's better cars out there for the money, they just don't have an AMG badge
I am not sure what they think about the way I mod my cars. I can tell you that AMG engineers have PM'ed me here on MB World to give me props on what I have done with my CLK BS. I am not sure what the executives think, but I know for a fact I have helped sell a couple of CLK BS's to Porsche guys and that I was the first person to seriously take on modding a 63/ M156, before I modded my 63 the 63 was the laughing stock of the AMG world. Alot of you guys were not around here 5 years ago when all the 55 guys did was laugh at the 63 guys and say things like "a 63 will never be as fast as a 55", if you don't belive me do a forum search on that topic, there were heated threads popping up every week on that topic and simialr topics. It was not until a MB World track event out at Famoso in which my 63 was the quickest car on the track (anf there were some quick 55s out there) that this M156 got any respect. I'm not saying I am 100% responsible for the 63 success but I know I played a major role early on. So regardless of what MB/AMG thinks we all know that a solid aftermarket drives new car sales becuase there is a small segmant of us that can not settle for stock...not even a stock AMG and we will tinker and tune every last drop of untapped potential out of our cars.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Jim...Why don't you try to get your allocation from one of the higher volume dealerships. NYC has a few that are due a C63 BS allocation and there is also at least 1-2 going to the DC area.

Jeff
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
What in the hell happened to customer service and follow through? I suppose MB will start to care when their sales drops.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Stay in the loop with your dealer. There will be people that will walk from their cars as they get closer to delivery. I also think the 'over MSRP" prices will come down as they start to get delivered and buyers look to flip them.

When you raise a huge fuss and stomp and scream all you do is reinforce how bad you want the car. You're not doing yourself or any other buyers any favors.

If you really want the car then perhaps you should offer a small fee to your dealer to work other dealers nationwide for you... not just their sister dealership. The only way you will get a car is if you are well networked and willing to grease the wheels at least a little bit... that's how sales works!

And lastly if you're going to mod it just buy yourself a P31 coupe! Black series are supposed to be modded to the t*ts already.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Chocofishez
Stay in the loop with your dealer. There will be people that will walk from their cars as they get closer to delivery. I also think the 'over MSRP" prices will come down as they start to get delivered and buyers look to flip them.

When you raise a huge fuss and stomp and scream all you do is reinforce how bad you want the car. You're not doing yourself or any other buyers any favors.

If you really want the car then perhaps you should offer a small fee to your dealer to work other dealers nationwide for you... not just their sister dealership. The only way you will get a car is if you are well networked and willing to grease the wheels at least a little bit... that's how sales works!

And lastly if you're going to mod it just buy yourself a P31 coupe! Black series are supposed to be modded to the t*ts already.
My salesman has been trying to contact other dealers for me all week, he wants to get me a car even if he does not sell it becuase he knows I buy alot of vehicles and frankly he is a friend of mine. I already decided that if he found me a car that I would throw him a couple grand cash on the side for all his efforts. He already has way too much time invsted in this process and he is not going to earn a penny off any of those efforts which is sad. Unfortuantly all he is coming up with is dealers that will part with their alocation for anywhere from $20k-$30k and I am not going to pay over MSRP for one of these cars, especially when I thought I had one comng my way all along.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Sorry to hear about your troubles Jim. If you like I can reach out to my brother, he was a salesman for 17 years and was recently promoted to director of finance at a MB dealership in NJ? Maybe he can help you out.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Just announced today - here is your man - you shouldnt let this die -

MBUSA Hires New VP of Customer Service

And for Mercedes-Benz USA, Gareth Joyce will be assuming the role of vice president of customer services, effective immediately.

Joyce will replace Alan McLaren, who left the company this past December.

As new VP of customer services, Joyce will be responsible for all customer service operations, engineering services, after-sales marketing and logistics, as well as MBUSA's customer assistance center.

“Joyce comes to MBUSA with extensive international management experience,” the company stressed.

He was most recently director of after-sales for Mercedes-Benz Netherlands with responsibility for all after-sales, customer service and parts sales and distribution.

He began his automotive career in 2004 with DaimlerChrysler South Africa as senior technical manager for all five brands of the business, including Chrysler Jeep, Mercedes-Benz passenger cars, Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles and Freightliner/FUSO commercial vehicles.

Three years later, Joyce was named vice president of after-sales for Mercedes-Benz South Africa “where he not only delivered on customer service strategy, but worked to grow the already significant parts revenue with improved efficiency,” officials noted.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rory breaker
Just announced today - here is your man - you shouldnt let this die -

MBUSA Hires New VP of Customer Service

And for Mercedes-Benz USA, Gareth Joyce will be assuming the role of vice president of customer services, effective immediately.

Joyce will replace Alan McLaren, who left the company this past December.

As new VP of customer services, Joyce will be responsible for all customer service operations, engineering services, after-sales marketing and logistics, as well as MBUSA's customer assistance center.

“Joyce comes to MBUSA with extensive international management experience,” the company stressed.

He was most recently director of after-sales for Mercedes-Benz Netherlands with responsibility for all after-sales, customer service and parts sales and distribution.

He began his automotive career in 2004 with DaimlerChrysler South Africa as senior technical manager for all five brands of the business, including Chrysler Jeep, Mercedes-Benz passenger cars, Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles and Freightliner/FUSO commercial vehicles.

Three years later, Joyce was named vice president of after-sales for Mercedes-Benz South Africa “where he not only delivered on customer service strategy, but worked to grow the already significant parts revenue with improved efficiency,” officials noted.
Great info, thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
I would pursue this until it's clear there is no chance to get the car at MSRP. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face. For what it's worth I agree MB customer care is at an all time low- I had a minor fix on my S which was two weeks out of bumper-bumper warranty and asked for "good will" (at least some percentage of the $1,200 bill) and the letter back just said "rejected."

Also, I'm pretty sure the GT3 RS 4.0 will be harder to get and with a much bigger markup than $20k if you can even get one....they are extremely sought after.

g luck and keep us updated.

Last edited by transferred; 02-08-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by transferred
I would pursue this until it's clear there is no chance to get the car at MSRP. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face. For what it's worth I agree MB customer care is at an all time low- I had a minor fix on my S which was two weeks out of bumper-bumper warranty and asked for "good will" (at least some percentage of the $1,200 bill) and the letter back just said "rejected."

Also, I'm pretty sure the GT3 RS 4.0 will be harder to get and with a much bigger markup than $20k if you can even get one....they are extremely sought after.

My issue now is even if I find a dealership willing to sell me one at MSRP that I'm affraid the build dates are are much too far for my liking. I wanted a March or early April delivery car, orders being placed today are falling into July delivery dates. By the time I take delivery and get the mods done I will have to stick it in the garage for the winter, remeber I live in the Chicago area, I only get 6 or 7 months a year to enjoy my vehicles, at least the sports cars, the Ford Raptor is fun all year round.

Regarding the Porsche, I know where I can get one and get it for MSRP plus a $1000 handshake to the GM of the dealership, confirmed it yesterday. I used to buy BMWs from this guy when he ran the local BMW dealership, he moved over to Porsche a couple years ago and has been trying to get my business ever since. He actually contacted me in Dec regarding the 4.0 and I turned it down becuase I assumed I would be getting the BS. I've just never been much of a Porsche guy but I guess I will give it a shot.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM

AMG
I gave a $5000 deposit(would have done more if needed)
Give them 20k with your super money then ?!

In France , they asked 30K EUR to confirm the order. Should be the same in many EU countries.

Don't take it personal but I don't think they even care about you or mods on your car....

Too bad for you but don't let go and push hard. It will be a damn good car !!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I gave up already, probably going to try to get my hands on a Porsche GT3 RS 4.0 I really let them have it on AMG Private Lounge so I'm sure I am not getting squat from them...I think they call it burning a bridge, I think I blew the bridge sky friggin high LOL.

I guess you guys are going to have to hope that somebody else that buys a C63 BS mods the hell out of it like I was going to do.
They are rare ... but I was just offered one by my dealer ... if you seriously interested, let me know.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by transferred

Depends what kind of relationship you have with your dealer ... and how many NEW Porsches you bought from them over the years
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
I am not sure what they think about the way I mod my cars. I can tell you that AMG engineers have PM'ed me here on MB World to give me props on what I have done with my CLK BS. I am not sure what the executives think, but I know for a fact I have helped sell a couple of CLK BS's to Porsche guys and that I was the first person to seriously take on modding a 63/ M156, before I modded my 63 the 63 was the laughing stock of the AMG world. Alot of you guys were not around here 5 years ago when all the 55 guys did was laugh at the 63 guys and say things like "a 63 will never be as fast as a 55", if you don't belive me do a forum search on that topic, there were heated threads popping up every week on that topic and simialr topics. It was not until a MB World track event out at Famoso in which my 63 was the quickest car on the track (anf there were some quick 55s out there) that this M156 got any respect. I'm not saying I am 100% responsible for the 63 success but I know I played a major role early on. So regardless of what MB/AMG thinks we all know that a solid aftermarket drives new car sales becuase there is a small segmant of us that can not settle for stock...not even a stock AMG and we will tinker and tune every last drop of untapped potential out of our cars.
I work with the Technical Inquiry department at Nissan North America, and I can confirm that we LOVE seeing customers play with the cars. We design cars to be a jack of all trades to the average buyer, and often when an enthusiast starts playing, we see the mods come forth that many of us wanted to implement from the factory but the lawyers said "No".

Hopefully you'll get resolution soon, I would love to see what you plan to do with the C-BS.

Although, the Porsche would be sick too
Old 02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
That's a shame. Well, I'll carry the flag on this one. Plan to do headers, full exhaust, and plenty of other stuff. From what my dealer told me and what I've heard from the regional people is that for now you can't get one for msrp, but more like you said, 20k or more over. Now I didn't pay that, but out of dealer respect, I won't say. JR, pm me if you want and maybe my guy can help. Last build month is May for July/Aug delivery.
Mt goal is to max out the NA potential, hopefully 600whp. First mod will be a full car wrap of some sort. I'm tired of caring for a black car, but can't live without!!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SMP
They are rare ... but I was just offered one by my dealer ... if you seriously interested, let me know.
I already located one 12 miles from my house and as I mentioned above I can get it for MSRP plus a $1000 hand shake. Granted the Porsche's MSRP is over $200k but so be it.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
With record sales the last few months maybe MB is getting cocky...

You would think customer service would be their number one priority...
Old 02-08-2012, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Sorry to hear about that.
30K over MSRP? Are they out of they're f***ing minds?!?!

Same thing happened to my buddy recently with a 2012 GT-R Black Edition. He put 20k down so they can have one built for him and the dealer promised him he would be getting the car at MSRP. Last month they called him and said they cannot give the car at MSRP even with 20K down and they wanted a 25K markup.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow, how lame.....
it's becoming harder and harder to spend with confidence these days is it not?
it's kind of like trying to decide if you like designo from the pictures....

good luck chief

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order