C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Prepay Maintenance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3 - C63 blk/blk ordered
Prepay Maintenance?

I am finalizing the numbers on my C63 which I hope to arrive before the end of the month. I saw that on other C Class models you can prepay maintenance for a 20% overall discount. When I asked the sales manager about this he was unsure about on the C63. Has anyone else done this, and if so is the discount worth it?

On a side note, checked with USAA they will do a bumper to bumper extended warranty at time of purchase for 6 years, 100k miles which is assumable for $3k. I changed the date and tried to look at one as if I had 40k miles on the care and was a couple of years old and to extend to 100k miles after the fact they are asking $8k for. That seemed like a cheap thing to purchase now for how much something could cost on a C63 to repair after 50k. What do you all think?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Well, that depends. Given the dealers charge way higher than other maintenance shops, 20% discount is still not cheap in my book. But if you don't know any reputable local shop other than the dealer, I guess you've got no many choice. I would really recommend you shop around before making that decision though. See if you can find one that marks up much lower than the dealer.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Bail on the prepaid maintenance. Much of the MB-planned maintenance is ridiculous "check wiper blade" type steps. You'll find the most important thing, especially in the first 3 years, is oil changes. When you work out oil changes every 10k vs the prepaid maintenance, it makes no sense.

As for the warranty, basically it's another 2 years/50k for 3k? How does that compare to the one offered from MB? Sales guy likely is clueless, need to talk to the finance mgr. If youre going to keep your car for the full 6yrs/100k, I think it's worth it for peace of mind frankly. 6 years is a long time to keep a car though...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3 - C63 blk/blk ordered
Appreciate the responses. My concern was more the miles than the time. I have had my M3 for 2 1/2 years and already have 44k miles.