about the Calcite white and Diamond white

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG (facelift)
about the Calcite white and Diamond white

hi everyone!

im about to go for the 2012 C63, but there's only one thing im so confused about.
what's the difference between Calcite white and Diamond white?cause from the photos i just hard to see the difference, and IMO i want to get the pure white, not the pearl white. so which one is the pure white and which one is the pearl white of them?

thanks alot.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 AM

12 MB C63
For my personal view, the diamond white is more shinny under the sun than calcite white. I have the calcite white for my vehicle. since is all white, it really doesn't matter to me. when you do some wax and touch up, it will always look nice under a nice weather. If you are looking to more a pure white, the diamond white may fits you
Old 02-14-2012, 01:31 AM

C63 AMG (facelift)
Originally Posted by AMGFANs
For my personal view, the diamond white is more shinny under the sun than calcite white. I have the calcite white for my vehicle. since is all white, it really doesn't matter to me. when you do some wax and touch up, it will always look nice under a nice weather. If you are looking to more a pure white, the diamond white may fits you
thanks!
so is the calcite white similar to the pearl white?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:30 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
Originally Posted by jaycdynasty
hi everyone!

im about to go for the 2012 C63, but there's only one thing im so confused about.
what's the difference between Calcite white and Diamond white?cause from the photos i just hard to see the difference, and IMO i want to get the pure white, not the pearl white. so which one is the pure white and which one is the pearl white of them?

thanks alot.
Hope I can help.. I originally ordered c63 Coupe in Calcite but then later changed to order to Diamond. Calcite is a solid colour, don't get me wrong great colour but the Diamond White when a saw it in the sun changed my mind. It sparkles is the sun and has a pearl tinge (Blue, Pink, Grey, White) to it ( They say it has pearls in the paint). It's hard in the showroom or by camera to see a great difference but have a look into yard in the sun side by side you can really see it.

It's a personal thing.

Here is the link to my page.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...iday-13th.html

As you can see the car just looks white

Look at below link find the post by PCHO. (Perry a good bloke and a very good photographer you can see a slight pearl (not much but just a little bit)

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-here-94.html

So if you want Solid White it's Calcite. Sparkle White its Diamond

Good luck and I hope I confused you like did to myself

Giddy Up

Marty
Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
I struggled with this too. When I went outside in the sun I saw two e classes next to each other....one arctic/calcite and one diamond. The diamond looked off white to me...it has more of a pearlescent look, kind of cool, but a tiny bit feminine in my eyes, kind of "vanilla" off white versus the calcite/arctic which was just like shiny clean bright milk white.

Depends what you want....diamond has some more depth to it, but to me, I wanted 100% bright white, not an off white, and because of that I went arctic/calcite.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM

2012 C63 AMG
Calcite/Arctic White is a base colour (no charge option) thats pure and clean with no metallic flakes while Diamond White is a metallic/pearlescent colour (paid option) that has a nice shimmer in the sun. It really depends on what you want and I'd definitely suggest you ask the dealership to allow you to see both colours in both sunlight and inside with fluorescent lights. It's like the difference between Black (base colour) versus Obsidian Black (metallic colour). You'll definitely notice the difference side by side, but both are still black, just the Obsidian has an added depth like the Diamond would due to the metallic flakes and slight pearlescent effect in the paint.