Possible c63 coupe owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 535d M Sport
Possible c63 coupe owner

Hi Guys

Need some help, i'm looking for a weekend 2 door car and need some help in trying to decide.

Two car's are the M3 with the competition pack or the c63 coupe.

I know it's a merc site, and i really do love the new coupe c63 but i also love the m3, can any current owners give me something that will push me over the line to the merc? The M3 seems dated.

I'm 90% AMG so far, so also looking for some advice as to what options i should be looking to get with the car, i went to some stupid uk dealer last week and he told me they are fully loaded so dont waste time with options, as you can image i was pissed with this as i like my luxurys.

Thanks guys
Old 02-24-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miserly mpg, exhibitionist torque (i.e. Q5 TDI)
Like many here, I too looked into an M3 before I picked up a C63. For everyday, "real life" driving on public roads, the Merc imo is much more exciting. The big difference is the engine. Tons of low end torque and a snarling, sonorous V8. Far more personality than the M3, though it is lovely in its own way. If you're going to track it, however, I'd lean toward the M3, as it is lighter on its feet. Though frankly if you want a track car, I'd skip both and pick up something more specialized like a Porsche or Lotus.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Wolvesq
Like many here, I too looked into an M3 before I picked up a C63. For everyday, "real life" driving on public roads, the Merc imo is much more exciting. The big difference is the engine. Tons of low end torque and a snarling, sonorous V8. Far more personality than the M3, though it is lovely in its own way. If you're going to track it, however, I'd lean toward the M3, as it is lighter on its feet. Though frankly if you want a track car, I'd skip both and pick up something more specialized like a Porsche or Lotus.
Bingo. M3 just isn't as fun, point blank. Daily driving is laborious whereas in the 63 you just gas and go. M3 feels underpowered.