C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Hi all - interested in buying a C63 AMG!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Toyota Supra TT
Hi all - interested in buying a C63 AMG!

Hi MBWORLD,

I had the pleasure of owning a 1999 SLK230 as my first car. Needless to say, I am ready to get back into a benz!

I am interested in the C63 amg, after watching a few youtube videos, this is definitely the car I want to replace my daily. I was originally interested in a M3, but the C63 seems very promising.

Questions:

1) Besides the facelift and launch control, was there any major changes throughout the years to the C63? Anything possibly done to the ESP? I know it was really intrusive when I watched top gears video, was wondering if anything changed. What were some of the other major changes?

2) How reliable has your C63 been for you?

3) What year would you guys recommend(I'm not looking to buy new, CPO)

4) Why did YOU choose a C63 amg over the other high performance saloons(M3, RS4, etc.)

That's pretty much it for now, i am going to sell my daily driver and go test drive some within the next month or so . Thanks for the help!

-WP

Last edited by SupraJZA80; 02-28-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:16 PM

2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 2008 E63 AMG
The only new addition that I'm aware of is minor changes to the exterior lighting, updates to the interior (navigation, display etc). Maybe somebody more knowledgable could update you there.

The m3 is the ideal track car for the money. It's handling is supreme and it's double clutch transmission is amazing. If the track is where you'll be spending most of your time, I don't mean to sound blasphemous lol but the M3 is really tough to beat. I happened to own one in 2008. However if you wan't a car that has more power and torque, a blast to drive around town and looks a hell of a lot sexier...your choice should be the c63. The coupe especially, blows the outdated M design to pieces aesthetically. At least for now. Mercedes tends to drastically update their cars as opposed to any other car manufacturer. Before you start experiencing the M, you need to get it up to around 4000 rpms. Contrary to popular belief, its actually nothing special around town. You'd be better of with a 335is in that case.

I haven't owned an RS4. I've test driven one. Close enough, I recently ended my lease on 2011 S4. From my personal opinion, Audi's make fun cars. Ideally, they are excellent daily drivers and built for all sorts of weather mother nature throws at you. in the blizzard we had last year (in NY), i was doing well over 100 mph like nothing. in the hurricane we had, Irene was it? I was driving through he southern state like it was the autobahn. There's no possible way I could have done that in either a AMG or M car. Even a little s4 would roast them in the snow. Speculating on the RS4 however, the quality of car in terms of performance is great (Sleeper effect too), but any driver will tell you it simply can't give you the thrill of rear wheel drive.

C63 - Best look. Scary power & torque. AWESOME exhaust notes. blast to drive anywhere. Equipped with an ego booster. Beware of rain & snow.

M3- Superior track car built for serious drivers. Will take the C63 head on and win. benefits of having a double clutch/manual option. better handling. Downside, A 335is can beat you at the traffic light. So if the street is where you'll be having most of your fun, look elsewhere.

RS4- More discreet out of the three. Less luxurious than benz. By no means a pushover. All wheel drive benefits. Built to handle snow and rain. Best choice as a daily driver, but! its an outdated car in the states, no where near as recognizable, nor fun to drive to as the other two.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by SeaClass; 02-28-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:21 PM

1997 Toyota Supra TT
Hi Seaclass,

Thanks for your response. Anyone else ?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
A MY2010 w/P31 and LSD will be your best bet. But if you do want a heavy amount of mods, and I am talking about headers / cams / SC and not just pipes, than you can get a good MY2009 and use the savings for mods. The reason being is that a pre-MY2012 C63 w/o P31 adding an ECU flash only puts out about the same power as one with P31.

Mine has been very reliable so far (with ~4000 miles), except that one time mouse got to the engine...

So like mentioned above, if you track, then get the M3; if you REALLY need AWD, then get the RS4; if you want power, then get the C64; if you want crazy interior, then check out the IS-F; and if you the best power for your money, then check out the CTS-V.

Sheep