Random Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Random Questions

I have a few random questions and am just wondering if anyone has any answers.

1. On my 2012 certain album artwork shows up from my ipod where others dont. Is there a particular file type that will allow it to show up?

2.When my car is quite dirty the drivers side window doesnt automatically go up and once I hold the button until its up all the way and then let go it drops just a little and I have to repush the button to make it go back up. When the car is clean on the out side this doesnt happen. (Very weird and it always happens when the car is dirty)

3. Has anyone used different rubber for the front and rears? My stock rears were killed in 7500kms and I just put on my winters. The fronts are fine so I just wanted to pick up new rear tires probably pilot super sports. Also is it fine to run 235's in the front and 265's in the rear or should I stick with 255's?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
i might be able to help with #1. Mp3 files can have the album art embedded into the file itself, it's possible that some of your mp3s have this album art embeded and some not.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, C63 AMG Coupe, Fx 35
your window just needs to be reset this happens to me all the time in my c300 and my fathers s430 what you need to do is hold it in the highest position rolling the window up until you hear a little click from the window. itll reset and then try it again and it should work.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Some opinions will differ but if you drive your car aggressively at all (which we know you do ) I would NOT run different tires front and rear. Different compounds and tires will change the oversteer/understeer balance of the car which could be dangerous IMO. If you are just puttering around town then maybe it doesn't matter.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
I have a few random questions and am just wondering if anyone has any answers.

1. On my 2012 certain album artwork shows up from my ipod where others dont. Is there a particular file type that will allow it to show up?

2.When my car is quite dirty the drivers side window doesnt automatically go up and once I hold the button until its up all the way and then let go it drops just a little and I have to repush the button to make it go back up. When the car is clean on the out side this doesnt happen. (Very weird and it always happens when the car is dirty)

3. Has anyone used different rubber for the front and rears? My stock rears were killed in 7500kms and I just put on my winters. The fronts are fine so I just wanted to pick up new rear tires probably pilot super sports. Also is it fine to run 235's in the front and 265's in the rear or should I stick with 255's?
I think there are actually programs out there that will sort through your music collection and add album art. You could also look at your computer where the actual files reside and see if there is any difference. My guess is that some folders will have a small .jpg file that has the cover art and others won't.

Since our cars aren't 4wd or have 4matic, I don't think it matters as long as you don't mix them on the same axle. But I'm no tire expert.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Thanks guys. Im going to try embedding the image with the mp3 file, Ive read a bit and watched a couple youtube videos Ill let you know if anything works. As well Ill try that trick with the window. As for the rubber, I think Ill just go with different rears 255's to be safe.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
A lot of ppl have gone to wider tires with no ill effects and I intend to as well when spring comes. Although there is some debate as to how wide of a tire u can go on the stock wheels, a 10 mm increase on either end is totally safe.