C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Just ordered 2012 C63 from Knauz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
Just ordered 2012 C63 from Knauz

I have been silently benefiting from the posts of so many of you over the past few months as my car search journey has unfolded -- so thanks for all the information you have provided.

I have been driving a Jetta for over 11 years, and for much of that time period I was in school and couldn't afford to buy another car.
The reason I bought the Jetta in the first place was because I liked the look of the car, the tight german steering and the "feel the road" philosophy.
Previous cars I had driven growing up included a mercury grand marquis and a pontiac bonneville.

Last year, I started out thinking I was going to buy an s4 or 335xi but neither car felt special. I then drifted towards the m3 and enjoyed driving it much more, though still felt it lacked that special feeling I was looking for, especially when driving around town.

Looking at the competitors to the M3, I kept on running into the same few cars -- isf, cts-v and the c63.
After a few test drives, it was patently obvious that the c63 was exactly what I was looking for -- a true beast with touches of luxury.

I live in Chicago and visited a few dealerships but couldn't strike a deal that would deliver the car to me in less than 4-5 months due to a 6-8 week delay in the black leather package.
So I drove up to Knauz, which is located in Lake Bluff just north of Chicago and within a short time struck a fair deal on a black/black with lighting, keyless, multimedia, illuminated door sills, lsd, parktronic and carbon fiber.
The most killer thing about it is that they figured out how to order the car to avoid the nearly 2 month delay caused by the leather package -- a big thanks to Jeff and William -- if anybody in the Chicagoland area is in the market for a benz, I would definitely check out Knauz and ask for those guys.

I will continue religiously reading the forum -- I'm not sure how else to cope with the waiting period other than living vicariously through others who own a c63

B
Old 03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by bsmooth7
I have been silently benefiting from the posts of so many of you over the past few months as my car search journey has unfolded -- so thanks for all the information you have provided.

I have been driving a Jetta for over 11 years, and for much of that time period I was in school and couldn't afford to buy another car.
The reason I bought the Jetta in the first place was because I liked the look of the car, the tight german steering and the "feel the road" philosophy.
Previous cars I had driven growing up included a mercury grand marquis and a pontiac bonneville.

Last year, I started out thinking I was going to buy an s4 or 335xi but neither car felt special. I then drifted towards the m3 and enjoyed driving it much more, though still felt it lacked that special feeling I was looking for, especially when driving around town.

Looking at the competitors to the M3, I kept on running into the same few cars -- isf, cts-v and the c63.
After a few test drives, it was patently obvious that the c63 was exactly what I was looking for -- a true beast with touches of luxury.

I live in Chicago and visited a few dealerships but couldn't strike a deal that would deliver the car to me in less than 4-5 months due to a 6-8 week delay in the black leather package.
So I drove up to Knauz, which is located in Lake Bluff just north of Chicago and within a short time struck a fair deal on a black/black with lighting, keyless, multimedia, illuminated door sills, lsd, parktronic and carbon fiber.
The most killer thing about it is that they figured out how to order the car to avoid the nearly 2 month delay caused by the leather package -- a big thanks to Jeff and William -- if anybody in the Chicagoland area is in the market for a benz, I would definitely check out Knauz and ask for those guys.

I will continue religiously reading the forum -- I'm not sure how else to cope with the waiting period other than living vicariously through others who own a c63

B
I <3 Knauz.

Too bad it is a haul for me.

Congrats on your C63 purchase.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Welcome aboard and make sure to post pics when she comes in!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Porsche 911
There's been a hiccup in the ordering process and I won't know until tomorrow at the earliest if I am going to be able to get the black leather package without the delay.

I am cautiously optimistic as I know the dealership is contacting the MB US headquarters who are going to contact Germany directly.

I am keeping my fingers crossed -- I have a good feeling they are going to come through for me for a May delivery (build date mid-April).
Old 03-01-2012, 03:07 PM

Porsche 911
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Welcome aboard and make sure to post pics when she comes in!!!
I plan on doing so, but what am I supposed to do in the meantime?

I mean, the waiting period before the car gets here is going to be agonizing.

Any suggestions on how to handle it?
Old 03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Welcome to the forum and congrats!!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM

2013 C63
I'm in the same boat as you are b/c I order a red/blk leather package last week. I have to wait until May or so, but I hope you get yours soon. The waiting sucks and its only been a week.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Porsche 911
Originally Posted by Niktel
I'm in the same boat as you are b/c I order a red/blk leather package last week. I have to wait until May or so, but I hope you get yours soon. The waiting sucks and its only been a week.
Congrats on your order!

I think your build date is probably mid-April, so a May delivery would be standard.

The black leather interior, if it is delayed, would knock my delivery date back to July -- and that is what concerns me.

If that occurs, do you think I would be better off waiting for the 2013 model year?

Does anybody know when the 2013 c63 is available to order?
Or the earliest that the 2013 c63 would be delivered?
Any changes in the 2013 model year?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
congrats
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
I was at Fletcher Jones yesterday to place my order for Euro delivery, but none of the leather packages were available. They didn't even show up in that first field of the "build order" page, though they were there while we were going over what I wanted in the configurer. There was a pop up that stated there would be an 8-9 week delay due to the addition of the leather package during the configure. Also, the 795 wheel (standard) wasn't available as an option in the 4'th field. The person doing the build said that even though it was standard, they have always had to pick a wheel during orders to ensure that one of the optional wheels weren't put on the car.

Did you guys run into these snags while placing your orders and find a "work around"? Was there an option to select the 795 wheel, or is it not there because it is the standard wheel? As of right now I'm not even sure if I will be able to order the 2012 that I want. The dealership is waiting to hear back from MB. Did MB pull the various leather packages because it's so late in the 2012 model year and they're trying to avoid '12 builds overlapping '13's?

Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Porsche 911
Originally Posted by Vash
I was at Fletcher Jones yesterday to place my order for Euro delivery, but none of the leather packages were available. They didn't even show up in that first field of the "build order" page, though they were there while we were going over what I wanted in the configurer. There was a pop up that stated there would be an 8-9 week delay due to the addition of the leather package during the configure. Also, the 795 wheel (standard) wasn't available as an option in the 4'th field. The person doing the build said that even though it was standard, they have always had to pick a wheel during orders to ensure that one of the optional wheels weren't put on the car.

Did you guys run into these snags while placing your orders and find a "work around"? Was there an option to select the 795 wheel, or is it not there because it is the standard wheel? As of right now I'm not even sure if I will be able to order the 2012 that I want. The dealership is waiting to hear back from MB. Did MB pull the various leather packages because it's so late in the 2012 model year and they're trying to avoid '12 builds overlapping '13's?

We did not run into the wheel problem you described when ordering.
I am still waiting to heart back from the dealership if I am going to be able to avoid the leather delay.
If I wind up avoiding it, I will find out the specifics of what the dealer did and let you know.

What I am wondering is if there is this additional 2 month delay and the cars dont get here until July 4th, should we just wait to order the 2013 model?

Or is the earliest we can receive a 2013 model October?
If so, then the winter is right around the corner and I would rather just get the 2012 in early July.

Does anybody know when the earliest a 2013 model might be delivered???
Old 03-04-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
I was told that hopes of a 2013 being delivered in September were optimistic. October would be the safe bet.

I'll wait for a 2013 if I have to, but I really just want the car already and a Euro delivery in June would work out perfectly with my vacation plans.

Damn, I don't have the patience for this. Should never have taken that test drive.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 PM

2013 C63
Congrats on your order!

I think your build date is probably mid-April, so a May delivery would be standard.

The black leather interior, if it is delayed, would knock my delivery date back to July -- and that is what concerns me.

If that occurs, do you think I would be better off waiting for the 2013 model year?

Does anybody know when the 2013 c63 is available to order?
Or the earliest that the 2013 c63 would be delivered?
Any changes in the 2013 model year?
I think my build date is around june bc my dealer also told i might be delayed (4-6 weeks) because of the leather pkg. I wouldnt wait on the 2013 because it will be close to the end of the year before you get it and they might not have the conquest on them.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 AM

Porsche 911
I got some bad news today...

Just found out that they are not going to be able to deliver me the c63 by mid-may.

It looks like I may be back to square one but I will call the dealership in the morning for clarification.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM

Porsche 911
Just found out that they are not going to be able to deliver me the c63 by mid-may.

It looks like I may be back to square one but I will call the dealership in the morning for clarification.
Just found out that the mid-May delivery is not off the table just yet.

The suspense continues....

Will update as soon as I get a definitive answer.

These Knauz guys are really working hard to come through for me.