C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Will this erase my flash?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
Will this erase my flash?

Hey guys,

Just got the car back from the dealer. Had a bad door lock actuator. The car seemed to feel a bit sluggish on the drive home. I have the Eurocharged flash and I can't tell if they may have erased it. Here are the notes from the work order.

"RIGHT FRONT DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR HAS A SHORT CIRCUIT, CONNECT SDS, PERFORMED SHORT TEST, FAULT CODE 98B111 THE SHORT CIRCUIT TO GROUND. FUNCTION CHECK CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM, FOUND PASSENGER LOCK NOT WORKING, R/R RIGHT FRONT INNER DOOR PANEL, R/R RIGHT FRONT WINDOW GLASS, REPLACED RIGHT FRONT DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR, PERFORMED FUNCTION CHECK AGAIN AND NOW ALL LOCKS ARE WORKING. ERASE"

Clearly the bolded words are what concerned me. I couldn't tell if it was just a mental thing after reading the paperwork that made me think that this could have erased the flash or not. Any ideas?

No, I do not have an area around me where I can check to see if the limiter has been removed to confirm if I still have the flash or not. I just didn't know if anyone had a similar experience. I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Your tune should be fine. All they did was connect the SDS to check your door lock circuitry and delete (erase) the fault code.