C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Resonator delete advice needed!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML63
Resonator delete advice needed!!!

I just put on the Evosport valvetronic exhaust with the performance X pipe section. Now I want to put straight pipes to replace the resonators. Im just looking for more sound. Just need advice if this is the right way to go and also i have the OE tune that hopefully shouldn't be affected. Advice appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
The Evosport valvetronic exhaust is a cat back exhaust that already replaces the resonators with an X pipe. The only way to make the Evosport exhaust into a straight pipe setup is to cut off the X pipe and weld on straight pipes or you can just replace your 2ndary cats with straight pipes if you want more sound.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by _AMG_
The Evosport valvetronic exhaust is a cat back exhaust that already replaces the resonators with an X pipe. The only way to make the Evosport exhaust into a straight pipe setup is to cut off the X pipe and weld on straight pipes or you can just replace your 2ndary cats with straight pipes if you want more sound.
I really like your advice on the exhaust systems and appreciate the time you've taken to upload video of your trials as well. After listening to your vids, I really like your current set up. I am only a little confused though. I think you have resonator delete replaced with straight pipes and secondary cats replaced with x-pipe (or h-pipe). Is there a difference with those reversed....i.e. x-pipe for resonators and straight pipes for secondary cats? Any performance improvements with either?
Thanks!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Strafe1
I really like your advice on the exhaust systems and appreciate the time you've taken to upload video of your trials as well. After listening to your vids, I really like your current set up. I am only a little confused though. I think you have resonator delete replaced with straight pipes and secondary cats replaced with x-pipe (or h-pipe). Is there a difference with those reversed....i.e. x-pipe for resonators and straight pipes for secondary cats? Any performance improvements with either?
Thanks!
Thanks man I appreciate the kind words.
Yes, I have my resonator replaced with straight pipes and my 2ndary cats replaced with the MBH X pipe.
In terms of sound there wont be any difference if it was reversed.
Although I really dont think you would see a major gain in HP but its always better to place the X pipe further up so you would have better exhaust flow.