C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

How factory builds c63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
How factory builds c63

Does anybody know how the specifics of the logistics and manufacturing of the c63?

Here is my dilemma:

I have one dealership that has a slot to build the c63 on April 20th, but when they try to place the order for the black leather package, it says that there will be a 6-8 week delay.
Therefore, expected delivery date to dealership is July 4th - July 20th.

Another dealership does not have any slots for a c63 to be built.
But they traded slots with an out-of-state dealership who already ordered a c63 for a slot on May 20th.
They are telling me that there will not be a 6-8 week delay for the black leather and that I should expect the car to be delivered to the dealership between June 20th - June 28th.

I don't understand how a car that is being built on April 20th would have delay in the leather package but a car being built on May 20th would not.
Can anybody explain this?

Do any of you have any opinions on this situation?

I obviously want the car ASAP.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 coupe P31, '11 G37s, '12 RR Evoque Prestige '10 QX56
Perhaps there is a "bottleneck" of leather package builds in April, maybe coupled with material shortage issues.

I received confirmation of my build yesterday. My car won't be ready for Euro delivery until mid June, which means that it won't be here until the end of July/first week of August (and that's if I drop it off for shipping as soon as I get there). I asked to push that forward (want the car here yesterday), but it's a no go. So, I get to spend the first few days of my vacation on the Autobahn.

Trust me, I understand your pain, but she'll be here soon enough.