Can't get into Dyno mode in My2012 C63 w/Keyless go

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
Can't get into Dyno mode in My2012 C63 w/Keyless go

MY 2012 C63

I tried with the Keyless Go and with the key in position 1.
Won't enter dyno mode pressing Answer and OK, waited over 10 secs.

Anyone successful in 2012?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
The C63 has a dyno mode?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by Pit-Pony
MY 2012 C63

You have to use the key to get iinto DYNO mode. That's what I did for mine.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
MY 2012 C63

i've got a 2010 but i was able to do it without using the key and i have keyless go...

here is what i've figured out about getting into dyno mode

1. with or without the key, you need to be in the first position. with a key, first click to the right... keyless, just press the engine start button once without pressing the any pedals... obviously if you hold the brake pedal, the engine will start...
(if you have keyless go, you can still use the key method if you want, you just need to remove the engine start button... just pull on it and it will pop off)

2. if your default screen is something other than the current mileage screen, you should press 'back' a few times to get to that screen... i've learned that it doesn't work in other screens... if it does, i haven't found another screen it will work on... so check to make sure what you see on your dash is your current mileage

3. now you just need to press and hold for about 5 seconds the 'call accept' button which is the far right button on the steering wheel, and the 'ok' button on the left side of the steering wheel... they don't necessarily need to be pressed at the same time, but the 'call accept' button should be pressed first... if the screen changes asking to reset the trip meter, then you pressed the 'ok' button first... just press 'back' to get back to the mileage screen... and try again... you can press and hold the 'call accept' button first, and then about a second or two later press and hold the 'ok' button... wait about 5 seconds and the menu should pop up...
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
MY 2012 C63

What are you trying to achieve? Going to get a dyno done?

I don't think you can achieve much if anything in Dyno Mode that you can't get in M with ESP Off.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
OK I got there, it was finicky.

Anyone understand what the meaning of the message is in the Dyno screen?

In my C300 you could see the oil level measurement in Dyno mode, not found in the C63
Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by bluejae
i've got a 2010 but i was able to do it without using the key and i have keyless go...

here is what i've figured out about getting into dyno mode

1. with or without the key, you need to be in the first position. with a key, first click to the right... keyless, just press the engine start button once without pressing the any pedals... obviously if you hold the brake pedal, the engine will start...
(if you have keyless go, you can still use the key method if you want, you just need to remove the engine start button... just pull on it and it will pop off)

2. if your default screen is something other than the current mileage screen, you should press 'back' a few times to get to that screen... i've learned that it doesn't work in other screens... if it does, i haven't found another screen it will work on... so check to make sure what you see on your dash is your current mileage

3. now you just need to press and hold for about 5 seconds the 'call accept' button which is the far right button on the steering wheel, and the 'ok' button on the left side of the steering wheel... they don't necessarily need to be pressed at the same time, but the 'call accept' button should be pressed first... if the screen changes asking to reset the trip meter, then you pressed the 'ok' button first... just press 'back' to get back to the mileage screen... and try again... you can press and hold the 'call accept' button first, and then about a second or two later press and hold the 'ok' button... wait about 5 seconds and the menu should pop up...
ahhh sweet - thank you!!!