C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Mercedes-Benz Dealerships to Stay Away From

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Mercedes-Benz Dealerships to Stay Away From

Compiling a list of MB dealerships that people should stay away from either for poor service or just poor sales. State which state and the reason why. I'll kick it off:

Virginia:
Mercedes Benz of Alexandria - I was dealing with a Sales Associate who told me to 'go away' and buy a BMW if I wanted a 'good deal'. Obviously, they don't train their sales associates to treat potential customers properly. STAY AWAY!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14.5 RR LWB, '14 s63, '14 Ford Raptor Screw, '13 G63
New Jersey:
Ray Catena of Union - Sales manager wouldn't budge on price of an e63 sedan i was looking at. Price was $8K more than another car at another local dealer. The car Catena had had 12K more miles, same MY. Said that he has no motivation to sell the car that it will get sold. This was in Sept 2011, as of a few weeks ago, they still had it.

Prestige Mercedes - Called the dealer to see if he had a c63 coupe available for a test drive. He said yes, but it would take a significant deposit for me to take it out.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ funny stories guys... keep them coming!

For my story (just for entertainment- no need to name any dealership)... so I'm a mid 30 Asian guy who looks mid 25 (like most Asian lol) . I walked in the dealership with my work cargo van wanting to look at the car in the showroom & hoping to test drive it. So they told me they had to prepare the car before I test drive it & they would call me in a week...

A week later, no call & the car I was interested in buying was still in the showroom. So I gave the dealership another chance by going in & getting an update. The salesman asked me what kind of car I'm driving, I told him this cargo van & does it matter if I took the bus here... lol !! Well, I ended up buying 2 Benz from their competitors cuz the first dealer didnt take me seriously.

The most funny part is that after they found out my family bought 2 cars from their competitor (1 of their previous client told them about my story)... they called me to ask if I was still interested to test drive the car in the showroom.. lol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Keep them coming, folks!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350z, Frontier, Jeep CJ-5, C63
Texas Dealers in the DFW area :

Park Place of Grapevine : Walked in and spotted a C63 coupe that caught my eye. Car was locked(in the show room, seriously?). I asked to look inside. After doing my inspection I inquired about getting some lease and purchase numbers to which I was given a hesitant "Sure, I guess". The sales rep, Corey Bedford, then locked the car and wandered off - I left at that point. Locking the car I was interested in, in the showroom, told me all I needed to know about their seriousness.

Park Place of Fort Worth : Went across town to look at another C63 coupe here. Staff was friendly, prompt, and took me seriously. Ended up placing an order with them. A few weeks in to it I told them I was interested in the European Delivery Program. They drug their feet getting back to me and I could tell they weren't too keen on informing or helping with the EDP. Told me I would have to pay the MSRP for the EDP because it was a "AMG". Knew that was a bold face lie so I cancelled. Still awaiting the return of my security deposit to arrive.

Needless to say, what should've been a pleasant purchasing experience has been a royal pain in the ***. Finally placed my EDP order through Herbert Haemmer with Escondido MB in California, with ~9% off MSRP. Very kind gentleman who has been prompt and candid in the process thus far.

Cliff Notes : Stay away from Park Place dealers in DFW. I've had nothing but crap experiences at their MB, BMW, and Porsche dealerships.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Hoehn Mercedes Benz in Carlsbad, CA

To start off, this is the only dealer I took my C63 to for all scheduled maintenance. I've had her for almost 3 years and have done 6 services at this dealer, even after the MB of Escondido opened, being 20 minutes closer. I thought loyalty meant something when doing business. Apparently not. After my last service, I noticed a rougher idle. I could feel the engine shaking more than usual. At first I thought it was just my imagination, and ignored it. The next day it was still doing the same thing, and was running 10 degrees hotter than usual. I jumped online and did a little bit of research to find out that these were common symptoms of having too much oil in the engine. I checked the engine oil levels, and sure enough, the oil was a solid inch above the max fill line on the dipstick. I was in disbelief that this could be possible at a dealership. I figured that's why I paid the dealer service prices as opposed to taking her to a cheaper generic garage. Immediately I drove an hour back to the dealer to see what they would do. I showed the service advisor the engine oil levels so there could be no discredit to my story. Even though it wasn't his fault, he was very apologetic and upset that a loyal customer received this kind of service. He notifies Dave Cram, the service manager. Dave comes out with a level of concern that didn't seem genuine. He tells me that he would like to run several diagnostics on my vehicle to ensure that the problem is isolated, but since his shop foreman had left for the day, he wants to keep my car and give me a loaner. I explained to him that there has to be about a quart too much oil in my engine that's causing the sluggish response, rough idle, and hotter running temperatures. I say there's no need for you to keep my car, just siphon the extra oil out. In a condescending nature, he tells me that he was a mechanic for 20 years, and that many things can cause the issues my car has. I guess the engine oil dipstick wasn't evidence enough that oil was the problem. He agrees to just let one of the mechs take a look. 30 minutes later, the mech pulls up to the service waiting lounge in my car, gets out, hands me the keys, and tells me she's good to go. So I ask the obvious question. He replies with "I had to take about an entire quart of extra oil out of the engine. I don't know how that happened. Sorry". How does a MB certified mechanic not know how to do a proper oil change? I never heard or saw Dave Cram after I received my car back. No one offered any type of compensation for a problem that they caused. It's quite an amazing customer loyalty reward program they have there. I wish they would've been honest from the beginning. How about something along the lines of "how about we charge you $380 for an oil change, but call it something fancy, like a Service B? Then we'll screw that up, inconvenience you even further, tell you we don't how the hell we screwed up the most basic of services, and send you on your way".
Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Compiling a list of MB dealerships that people should stay away from either for poor service or just poor sales. State which state and the reason why. I'll kick it off:

Virginia:
Mercedes Benz of Alexandria - I was dealing with a Sales Associate who told me to 'go away' and buy a BMW if I wanted a 'good deal'. Obviously, they don't train their sales associates to treat potential customers properly. STAY AWAY!
Interesting, and what do you think about the one at Tyson Corner?

Sheep
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by Sheep

Sheep
I like them. They were still doing some construction the last time I was there, though.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Ontario

Mercedes Benz Barrie - Worst Sales Service!

Put my deposit on 2012 in March, Picked colour and options in May. Car was set to arrive for beginning of September and I had no VIN by middle of August! Sales agent tells me they can't give me that information right now (I thought they were planing on selling my car to someone else). I demanded my VIN and eventually they gave it to me after my sales agent had to meet multiple times with the sales manager. I stocked the dealer every night until my car showed up. I got no call that it was on the lot so again I showed up and demanded my car. They told me the car (specced out just like how I ordered) wasn't my car. Good thing I had my VIN and a picture of the VIN off the car on the lot. Idiots. The sales manager Russ was rattled and I ended up getting screamed at by the Dealer Manager for being in the Garage with the car. I tell the Dealer Manager if we could go have this conversation in his office where I explain my side of the story. I get the car the next day after the PDI is completed. I still don't know why they refused to give me the car right away or tell me that car wasn't mine, but they lost 2 new mercedes sales (CLS 63 and M350) and plenty more in the future because of it. They were the most pathetic excuse for a car sales team, and no one should ever waste their time with them.

Despite the poor sales, their service department is great!

Last edited by VaclavSV; 03-14-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:30 PM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
Originally Posted by Roswell
^^ funny stories guys... keep them coming!

For my story (just for entertainment- no need to name any dealership)... so I'm a mid 30 Asian guy who looks mid 25 (like most Asian lol) . I walked in the dealership with my work cargo van wanting to look at the car in the showroom & hoping to test drive it. So they told me they had to prepare the car before I test drive it & they would call me in a week...

A week later, no call & the car I was interested in buying was still in the showroom. So I gave the dealership another chance by going in & getting an update. The salesman asked me what kind of car I'm driving, I told him this cargo van & does it matter if I took the bus here... lol !! Well, I ended up buying 2 Benz from their competitors cuz the first dealer didnt take me seriously.

The most funny part is that after they found out my family bought 2 cars from their competitor (1 of their previous client told them about my story)... they called me to ask if I was still interested to test drive the car in the showroom.. lol
Pretty much same thing happened to me too. I walked into a dealership in OC. I was wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. There were three sales person in the show room and no customers around. Once I walked in, the sales people gave me the look and they did not even come and talk to me when I was checking several cars. After 30 minutes of wondering around by myself, a fourth sales person came to work and finally I got greeted by him. I bought 3 cars right the way and then 5 cars after couple months. After I bought the cars on that night, my sales person told me that he laughed at his co-workers because no one thought that I would buy a car. Looks can be very deceiving. Now every time when I go in shorts and sandals, every sales person including GM greet me right the way and asked me if I want more cars.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Broadway mercedes - Vancouver BC.

Was unhappy with service and told the lady at the cash counter and noticed she was marking everything "very satisfied". What a joke
Old 03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK & GL
RALLYE MERCEDES in New York.

Worst service advisors out of any Mercedes dealership i have ever been to. The lady behind the desk who sells apparel there is really nice and very helpful though.

When the c63 coupe first came out, they wanted $90k for it, one week later i went to MB Huntington and they wanted 75k for one that was fully loaded

Last edited by kbahl21; 03-14-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
good thread. hopefully dealerships notice that if they treat their customers/potential customers badly, people will notice and their name will get out.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:19 PM

home the point

Sheep
I went to them couple of times for parts ordering and alignment. The personnel were very polite and they offered decent service. But as with most Benz dealer/shop, was way overpriced in everything. I get all my regular maintenance work and any complex installation done directly across the street at Eurasian Service Center on Tyco.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
MB Alexandria - stay away from other MB members on here
MB Arlington- took my E55 to them for leaky valve cover gaskets under warranty. Get call that car is done. Get there and oops the PS was gushing oil when car started up. Bad gasket. I think bad install and it was seated properly. 8 months later PS leaking again. Covered under 12mo/12,000 mile warranty.

MB Chantilly-broke off my rear spoiler when they were washing the car. Hmm it just went through a hurricane at 60mph winds a few months before and held up fine.

Pretty much get all my work done by me or Benz Elite in Alexandria off Eisenhower Ave
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM

w204, 11' RR Sport,
Originally Posted by GuppyC63
Pretty much same thing happened to me too. I walked into a dealership in OC. I was wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sandals. There were three sales person in the show room and no customers around. Once I walked in, the sales people gave me the look and they did not even come and talk to me when I was checking several cars. After 30 minutes of wondering around by myself, a fourth sales person came to work and finally I got greeted by him. I bought 3 cars right the way and then 5 cars after couple months. After I bought the cars on that night, my sales person told me that he laughed at his co-workers because no one thought that I would buy a car. Looks can be very deceiving. Now every time when I go in shorts and sandals, every sales person including GM greet me right the way and asked me if I want more cars.
Not MBZ related but I was at a dealership that sells Jaguars and Aston Martins. These two younger guys walk in, tatted up, baggy jeans, hats backwards, yaping on their cell phones. Not one of the sales guys would even aknoldge them. Finally one of the sales guys who was priveously with another customer walked up to them and was very polite and helped them out. As it turned out they were 2 pro skaters and walked out with 2 new Aston's. The other sales guys were kicking themselfs but that is what they get!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM

2012 C63 AMG edition 1
Originally Posted by kbahl21

Worst service advisors out of any Mercedes dealership i have ever been to. The lady behind the desk who sells apparel there is really nice and very helpful though.

When the c63 coupe first came out, they wanted $90k for it, one week later i went to MB Huntington and they wanted 75k for one that was fully loaded

Wow thats funny, I had just the opposite experience! The sales manager at Rallye was phenomenal and knew every detail about my E class, plus he was extremely respectful. However when I visted MB huntington the salesman was very rude to my wife and didnt think anything of her questions/concerns despite the fact that this would be HER E class! I have my E serviced at Huntington but because of the way the treated my wife, I will never buy a car from them
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition

Sheep
I've had good service and sales experiences from MB of Tysons. I definitely can't say the same for their Audi dealership for service or sales....bunch of donkeys across the board.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by bmoney12
I've had good service and sales experiences from MB of Tysons. I definitely can't say the same for their Audi dealership for service or sales....bunch of donkeys across the board.
Mercedes-Benz of Tysons Corner treated me very respectfully, which was pretty nice. Stay away from MB of Alexandria. They are rude, and very unprofessional.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by kbahl21

I bought my C63 at Rallye. I did have a good experience though. But never dealt with the service advisors.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 PM

2012 C63 AMG edition 1
Audi dealerships are ALWAYS significantly less professional. Their dealers dont ever compare to MB
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM

'16 528i MSport
Originally Posted by oswiff
New Jersey:
Ray Catena of Union - Sales manager wouldn't budge on price of an e63 sedan i was looking at. Price was $8K more than another car at another local dealer. The car Catena had had 12K more miles, same MY. Said that he has no motivation to sell the car that it will get sold. This was in Sept 2011, as of a few weeks ago, they still had it.

Prestige Mercedes - Called the dealer to see if he had a c63 coupe available for a test drive. He said yes, but it would take a significant deposit for me to take it out.
Agree with you on the Prestige Mercedes. Horrible salesman...saw loyalty as a myth

I usually deal with Ray Catena Edison so can't comment on Union...YET
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
C63
MB Sugar Land, Texas - Stay far away - Service adviser was Jaffar Haider - Went in for a loud hissing ac due to a leakage. Left my car for 4 days. Came to pick it up and I had 11 extra miles on the car and the car was left in sport mode and they still did not fix the leak since they did not hear the noise. Total BS. I complained and they offer free service. Chew them out and went to Mercedes of Greenway. Greenway was very professional and fix the AC with no problem. Service Adviser was Jessica.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Went to have my turn signal and headrest motor fixed at Star Motor Cars in Houston, TX under factory warranty. The service advisor didn't seem genuinely interested in my issues and when I got my car back, the issue was not fixed. They took it back and fixed the issue, but the panel from the rear of my seat was falling off. Looks like someone tried to put it back together with velcro. They tried to insist that the seat was already like that and they did not even touch the seat. They did not want to fix it for me and even wanted me to pay to have it fixed. I Had to insist that they fix it and not charge me.

Alex Rodriguez in Leauge City has always taken care of my car and they seem to go the extra mile when you come in for service. I would highly recommed them if you need service in or around Houston. I drive all the way from Spring to have them do repairs on my car.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM

2012 C63 w/APX
100% agree with the monkeys at Audi. Went in to check out the s4 and I ended up knowing more about the car than the so called "most experienced" sales guy who made me wait 20 mins while he sipped his morning coffee. Disgraceful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz Dealerships to Stay Away From