new to the street... need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 2009
new to the street... need help.

Just moved in.
I'm sporting a 09 with performance package (lsd, no speed limiter, alcantra wheel, and sport suspension) ... one of the few that snuck in. In the past 2 years its got a gently tune from evo and an air box. This past fall she got headers and strait pipes and valvtronic mufflers from Agency Power. Last month I added Kleeman 19in rims...... I love this machine.

I have 1 issue with my mods and one question about the engine compartment.

Question: is there so posed to be a filter in the air intake for the ac located in the engine bay in front of the passenger front window... the big semicircular plastic box?

Issue..... the Agency valvtronic mufflers rattle and sound like s**t with the valves closed (quite mode)....it appears the shaft that attaches to the valve and rotates it open or closed just before the muffler has too much play in it. I called Agency they already replaced mufflers once and rattle came back after 50 miles. I don't think they want to hear from me again.....I drive with the vales open.
Has anyone experienced this issuer heard about it...... any potential fix.... i want to keep mufflers they sound great in the open setting.... quite mode is for the awesome wife. Rattle is worse as exhaust pressure increase as RPMs increase. The valve rattles only in the closed (quiet) position. Friend revved the car and I held the shaft that turns the valve and rattle resolved. I've search the net and every comment and video describes how great this exhaust sounds. No one has posts or comments on any issues. Any thoughts? Wife wants the stock mufflers back...........

Thanks for any input and direction.

vtmd
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
There is no filter for the climate control system in the engine bay. The filter for the climate control is in the cabin behind the glove box. The glove box must be removed to change the filter.