C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dumb @$$ sales guy of all time; C63C ordered finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Angry Dumb @$$ sales guy of all time; C63C ordered finally

Hi I'm new here and just wanted to share with all of you here on a dumb *** sales guy I had to deal with for a week. I put down deposit last Sat and placed an order for C63 coupe.

Ext. Magnitete black
Int. Porcelain/Black two-tone leather

Sun: As the org. order was with the single tone 18 inch wheel, I changed my mind and asked the wheels to the new twin 5 spoke wheels on Sunday. Without any explanation why he couldn't get it he sent me a copy of the order form with the wrong leather. On the same day I replied with the right interior leather color and the wheels

Monday: no response, no email, no phone call

Tuesday: still no response, so I sent another email and called. He wasn't available to talk so I left a VM and asked him to correct the interior color and the wheel. After 8pm he sent me updated one but now he's missing the keyless-go option.

Wed: He's off

Thu: I sent another mail and asked him to correct. He sent me a new copy of updated order form around 2pm, with the updated interior to porcelain/black leather, but still the same wrong wheels. I got real pissed and asked him what's going on? no reponse

Friday which is today: I called him and asked why he didn't send me any update then he said an update was sent yesterday 5pm but I didn't have any mail from him. I hung up the phone and waiting for an update, this time he sent a new copy but this time, he added the keyless-go option but still the wrong wheels. I real F&*^%$# pissed and called right away, started shouting at him, that I will take the biz to else where if he can't deliver what the customer wants. Here is the killer excuse from him, "sir, the wheel is not available" WTF??? It's the fkn std wheels and why are you saying it's not available? i asked him what's the reason? and he said it's just not available. he said he'll call me back after he talks to the inventory manager. few hours later he then calls me and saying "sir, the wheels are standard, i corrected the order and the car should be delivered by end of June or early July."

This whole buying experience was the worst of all time, and I certainly hope you guys didn't have to go through like this when you placed an order.

I'll share options when this idiot sends me an update; if he sends me that is
Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
Sounds like this dealer belongs to this list.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...stay-away.html
Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by biglee73
Sounds like this dealer belongs to this list.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...stay-away.html
it's OPEN-ROAD in NJ. fkn idiot. if he'd believed it really wasn't available, he should've mentioned in the first place when he replied in the mail. he waited until i blew up
Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
sounds like you are going to end up with a white sedan with C300 wheels

hope you get the right stuff
Old 03-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Sounds like you're gonna get a bacon double cheeseburger
Old 03-23-2012, 04:21 PM

2012 C63
Wow...I'm surprised you stuck with the dealer through all that...
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
I would still ask to talk directly to the sales manager and make sure your order is correct. It would really suck to get your car in and something is missing.

I was told at one point, by the sales manager, that the new twin spoke wheels were not available even though they were on the website. This was 6-8 weeks ago when I was considering ordering one versus buying off the lot. I ended up buying off the lot so I never confirmed if they were or not.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:38 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by tachyon3
Hi I'm new here and just wanted to share with all of you here on a dumb *** sales guy I had to deal with for a week. I put down deposit last Sat and placed an order for C63 coupe.

Ext. Magnitete black
Int. Porcelain/Black two-tone leather

Sun: As the org. order was with the single tone 18 inch wheel, I changed my mind and asked the wheels to the new twin 5 spoke wheels on Sunday. Without any explanation why he couldn't get it he sent me a copy of the order form with the wrong leather. On the same day I replied with the right interior leather color and the wheels

Monday: no response, no email, no phone call

Tuesday: still no response, so I sent another email and called. He wasn't available to talk so I left a VM and asked him to correct the interior color and the wheel. After 8pm he sent me updated one but now he's missing the keyless-go option.

Wed: He's off

Thu: I sent another mail and asked him to correct. He sent me a new copy of updated order form around 2pm, with the updated interior to porcelain/black leather, but still the same wrong wheels. I got real pissed and asked him what's going on? no reponse

Friday which is today: I called him and asked why he didn't send me any update then he said an update was sent yesterday 5pm but I didn't have any mail from him. I hung up the phone and waiting for an update, this time he sent a new copy but this time, he added the keyless-go option but still the wrong wheels. I real F&*^%$# pissed and called right away, started shouting at him, that I will take the biz to else where if he can't deliver what the customer wants. Here is the killer excuse from him, "sir, the wheel is not available" WTF??? It's the fkn std wheels and why are you saying it's not available? i asked him what's the reason? and he said it's just not available. he said he'll call me back after he talks to the inventory manager. few hours later he then calls me and saying "sir, the wheels are standard, i corrected the order and the car should be delivered by end of June or early July."

This whole buying experience was the worst of all time, and I certainly hope you guys didn't have to go through like this when you placed an order.

I'll share options when this idiot sends me an update; if he sends me that is
i also was told that two-tone leather will pushed back my order another 6-8 weeks. I'm not like asking for "pick any color you want designo leather" such as lemon color leather or pink or neon green. simply asked black/red two tone, then I changed my mind to white/black then he said, "sir any two-tone leather is very special which will require additional 6-8 weeks" is there any of one you order recently? what's the ETA to the east coast? My production lock in date is 4/2 and ETA is end of Jun.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
i also was told that two-tone leather will pushed back my order another 6-8 weeks. I'm not like asking for "pick any color you want designo leather" such as lemon color leather or pink or neon green. simply asked black/red two tone, then I changed my mind to white/black then he said, "sir any two-tone leather is very special which will require additional 6-8 weeks" is there any of one you order recently? what's the ETA to the east coast? My production lock in date is 4/2 and ETA is end of Jun.
I still don't understand why you even stayed with this dealership. They are obviously incompetent. If you end up changing your mind, let me know and I will put you in touch with a few good dealerships in the nyc area.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:45 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I still don't understand why you even stayed with this dealership. They are obviously incompetent. If you end up changing your mind, let me know and I will put you in touch with a few good dealerships in the nyc area.
thanks for your offer, "I am Jeff". Only concern i have is I might not get my $1500 back? my understanding is that it's non-refundable. btw, the sales manager didn't even give me a copy of the order form which got my signature on it. I asked the sales guy to send me the copy to my registered address and he only sent me the pic of the front page. lol

any suggestions???
Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks for your offer, "I am Jeff". Only concern i have is I might not get my $1500 back? my understanding is that it's non-refundable. btw, the sales manager didn't even give me a copy of the order form which got my signature on it. I asked the sales guy to send me the copy to my registered address and he only sent me the pic of the front page. lol

any suggestions???

Why would your deposit be non-refundable? I've always been able to get my deposit back when I have changed my mind on a car. Obviously, never in person, but the check does get mailed back to me in a few weeks. How did you place the deposit? If you did it with a CC, call them sales manager up and explain your situation. They will either compensate you with "extras" or they will let you walk away. Either way, you are able to vent your frustrations to the people that really matters. Good luck with your situation.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Why would your deposit be non-refundable? I've always been able to get my deposit back when I have changed my mind on a car. Obviously, never in person, but the check does get mailed back to me in a few weeks. How did you place the deposit? If you did it with a CC, call them sales manager up and explain your situation. They will either compensate you with "extras" or they will let you walk away. Either way, you are able to vent your frustrations to the people that really matters. Good luck with your situation.
good thing I used my AMEX. I'll call sales manager tomorrow and talk. what if the manager is also incompetent?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good thing I used my AMEX. I'll call sales manager tomorrow and talk. what if the manager is also incompetent?
Then using your AMEX is the smartest move you have ever did!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:39 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
ROFL~~~~ I'm gonna have to admit it!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
oh you're from new jersey? then obviously this toolbox was helping you
Old 03-24-2012, 11:15 PM

GLK, future C63 owner
it's OPEN-ROAD in NJ.
Not surprising - the whole "Open Road" dealership chain is awful, especially their BMW dealerships.
Also, if you've shared your e-mail with them - prepare to be "spammed" with various "offers" by every dealership (yes, even Mazda and Honda) that belongs to their chain.

Last edited by Car drvr; 03-24-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Car drvr
Not surprising - the whole "Open Road" dealership chain is awful, especially their BMW dealerships.
Also, if you've shared your e-mail with them - prepare to be "spammed" with various "offers" by every dealership (yes, even Mazda and Honda) that belongs to their chain.
called the sales manager and he aplogized when I threatened them that I will take the biz to somewhere else. no compensation but just an apology. It looks like I'm going to stay with them.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:35 PM

GLK, future C63 owner
It looks like I'm going to stay with them.
Well, good luck, then. At least try to service your car at different dealer once you'll get it.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:26 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
talked to the sales mgr last monday, and we agree that it's best that we don't do business this time (hopefully never). he said he'd refund my deposit back but i still don't see any refund credited back in my cc account. i called AMEX and few days ago and they started their investigation. i'm being very frustrated. arggghhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 PM

2012 CLS 550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Car drvr
Well, good luck, then. At least try to service your car at different dealer once you'll get it.
i changed my mind and i asked for refund last monday. still not seeing in my cc account and called amex. they are doing their investigation.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
have you ordered your car yet? my local dealer is very nice and accommodating if you are looking for a good dealer to buy from. plus, they only had me put a 250 dollar deposit

(i'm in pa)
Old 04-05-2012, 01:05 AM

x5 50i
Sorry this is happening to you, I have a guy in Greenwich CT I am dealing with (probably to far for you)

Hopefully this gets sorted out, what a ****ing moron. So the sales manager decided it was best you went else where? Seems like they don't give a ****.. this is why I hate dealerships that are owned by huge cooperations (IE Hennessey and Nalley dealers in Atlanta are owned by a company that own 30 other dealers)
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM

2011 M3
Originally Posted by neliconcept
Sorry this is happening to you, I have a guy in Greenwich CT I am dealing with (probably to far for you)

Hopefully this gets sorted out, what a ****ing moron. So the sales manager decided it was best you went else where? Seems like they don't give a ****.. this is why I hate dealerships that are owned by huge cooperations (IE Hennessey and Nalley dealers in Atlanta are owned by a company that own 30 other dealers)
Mostly a lurker here as an M3 owner, but I've had great luck with Nalley BMW. Have purchased several cars there, and my service advisor is excellent.

On the flip side, have been emailing with Hennessy LR about a lease deal, and it's been less than desirable.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
sounds like you are going to end up with a white sedan with C300 wheels

hope you get the right stuff
That's just wrong
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
**glad you canceled your order. You're far more patient than I ever would have been with the dealer. Glad you shared this story - I'll avoid this dealer like the plague in the future.

Last edited by BK63amg; 12-13-2012 at 11:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dumb @$$ sales guy of all time; C63C ordered finally