C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Black Series Back Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
Black Series Back Seats

How many of you BS owners (or prospective owners) elected to have the rear seats installed? I think they add almost 60 lbs to the car.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
My car has back seats.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
back seats are essential in real world use. unless this is a collectors car or meant for track use only, it makes sense to have back seats.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:00 PM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
I have the backseats in mine. Doubt I'll ever use them, but they're there if I by chance have more than one passenger.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:01 PM

2010 C63, 2014 E63
nellyrod i just saw your car at cars and coffee you got a black series now??
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by jsc1234
nellyrod i just saw your car at cars and coffee you got a black series now??
I sure do. I picked her up this afternoon. Original buyer backed out when the car arrived, and my salesman knew I wanted one, so he called me right away.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 PM

I agree that 4 seats would greatly improve the practicality of the car. But there was a SIGNIFICANT dealer/MB error in the ordering process. I was scheduled to pick her up this afternoon, but my salesperson called this morning and told me that the rear seats were not installed (as I ordered).

A big mistake was made with no clear attribution of fault. I was informed by MB that ordering and installing the rear seats is not possible since the body work for the two types of cars is somewhat different. Since all US allocations have been made, it is highly unlikely that a new car will be built for me. Finally, with the tight market for this car, trading for one with rear seats would be impossible.

Consequently I had only 2 choices. I could get a refund (since I had fully paid for the car last week), or I could limit the enjoyment of this car to one other person at any one time. I opted for the latter.

Frankly, if I received a refund, I could not imagine another car that could quite suit me currently. I guess I will learn some compromises.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:22 PM

here's are a few quick ones. I'll post better ones after this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Black Series Back Seats-photo1.jpg   Black Series Back Seats-photo2.jpg   Black Series Back Seats-photo3.jpg  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Maybe with all the BS owners speccing rear seats they'll build a 4 door BS... C'mon benz... build it!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by LangeOne
I agree that 4 seats would greatly improve the practicality of the car. But there was a SIGNIFICANT dealer/MB error in the ordering process. I was scheduled to pick her up this afternoon, but my salesperson called this morning and told me that the rear seats were not installed (as I ordered).

A big mistake was made with no clear attribution of fault. I was informed by MB that ordering and installing the rear seats is not possible since the body work for the two types of cars is somewhat different. Since all US allocations have been made, it is highly unlikely that a new car will be built for me. Finally, with the tight market for this car, trading for one with rear seats would be impossible.

Consequently I had only 2 choices. I could get a refund (since I had fully paid for the car last week), or I could limit the enjoyment of this car to one other person at any one time. I opted for the latter.

Frankly, if I received a refund, I could not imagine another car that could quite suit me currently. I guess I will learn some compromises.
Oh my, what a major screw-up from MB... sorry to hear about your misfortune Lange... in my opinion, I would not settle for a car w/o the option I ordered (especially for the price you paid for the car)... you should ask for a major discount or compensation.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by Chocofishez
Maybe with all the BS owners speccing rear seats they'll build a 4 door BS... C'mon benz... build it!
AMG flat out told me it's not happening, and confirmed the 4 door test mules were just that... test mules.

I know a few people waiting and hoping for a 4 door BS, but it's definately not happening.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
And go to think all the Porsche guys are pulling their back seats out.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
So sorry to hear what happened to LangeOne, MB really did make some major errors with this BS, promises not fulfilled, never any clear direction of why all the major delays, the non clarity to pricing and options for this car was never really clear, for me it was lots of nonsense.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by rage2
AMG flat out told me it's not happening, and confirmed the 4 door test mules were just that... test mules.

I know a few people waiting and hoping for a 4 door BS, but it's definately not happening.

Well that sucks. Guess I'll have to make my 4 door work a while longer then.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 AM

Well, I just drove about 40 early morning miles in absolutely perfect budding spring weather. Piloting through a mix of highway and back roads while shutting off the CD to enjoy the sonic rumble of the engine allowed me to gain distance from the horrible experience with the rear seats. If the alternative was not getting the BS because of the lack of rear seats, the drive convinced me that I made the right decision.

I was uncertain about Mars Red, but looks stunning on this car. This color provides the perfect contrast to the carbon exterior pieces and the black pano roof. It reminds me of the Carmine red that Porsche used many years ago, and nothing like the bright Guards Red on their current cars.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 AM

2010 C63
Well, I just drove about 40 early morning miles in absolutely perfect budding spring weather. Piloting through a mix of highway and back roads while shutting off the CD to enjoy the sonic rumble of the engine allowed me to gain distance from the horrible experience with the rear seats. If the alternative was not getting the BS because of the lack of rear seats, the drive convinced me that I made the right decision.

I was uncertain about Mars Red, but looks stunning on this car. This color provides the perfect contrast to the carbon exterior pieces and the black pano roof. It reminds me of the Carmine red that Porsche used many years ago, and nothing like the bright Guards Red on their current cars.
Very glad everything worked out for you! And the Mars Red is perfect!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
And go to think all the Porsche guys are pulling their back seats out.
To be fair, those back seats are useless for anyone older than 7 in the Porsche. I swear they put them in for insurance reasons (2+2 cheaper than 2 seater).
Old 04-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 Coupe Black Series

Your car looks fantastic. For what its worth, mine has 4 seats and the rears are not that usable. My 9 year old daughter fits behind my 14 year old son if he moves the front passenger seat forward but she won't fit behind me.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 C63 AMG (sold), 2006 M3 (sold)

I see that MB has told you that the two body types are somewhat different.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Doesn't make sense to me. They are the same car, one with a +2 seat option how ever the the bodies should be identical. I'm guessing that MB doesn't want any legal obligations if the rear seats are installed outside of the factory.

Ive been hunting for a c63 BS for a few months but haven't found the exact one yet. I found one but it was sold literally the same day it came up for sale. There is another one that is perfect except for it lacking the rear seats which is a must for me. It has 1500 miles on it and is virtually brand new. I would have ordered it exactly the same but with the + 2 seat option.

Anyway I've emailed MB and the reply said "Mercedes can not reccomend modifying the number of seats in their vehicles". This is not a satisfactory answer for me. I would like to know if I can purchase the rear seats and if they can be installed.

If anyone has any insight to this, part number or expertise on the subject, please let me know. It might be true that the bodies are different but I just can't see it, everywhere I've looked suggests they are the same.

Thank you very much!

Rob
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
I got back seats in mine. Going to have a baby seat in there soon!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by C63amg Tokyo
I see that MB has told you that the two body types are somewhat different.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Doesn't make sense to me. They are the same car, one with a +2 seat option how ever the the bodies should be identical. I'm guessing that MB doesn't want any legal obligations if the rear seats are installed outside of the factory.
I've read somewhere that there are different anchor points between the 2 vs 4 seat versions under the seats, which makes it difficult to put in seats plus seat belts.

Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Congrats! The CBS fits newborn car seats great, I went everywhere with my kid the first year in the CBS. Now that he's in the next sized seat, it's a pain in the *** because it's rear facing and the seat isn't really designed to be removable. I have to jump in the other back seat to get him in there. Gonna have to rotate it to forward facing as soon as he hits the recommended weight/age in about 6 months.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975

Congrats!!

Originally Posted by rage2
I've read somewhere that there are different anchor points between the 2 vs 4 seat versions under the seats, which makes it difficult to put in seats plus seat belts.

Thanks for the reply, interesting. I haven't come across that in my searching but could be right.

I wonder if it's possible to fabricate seat anchor points if they are in fact the only missing component. I think seat belts aren't hard to anchor as well.

I was just comparing the c63 coupe rear seats to the the black series rear seats and they look identical (aside from the microfiber) but the size and dimensions look identical. If this tempting project seems like a possibility and I can't find black series rear seats, I'm sure it won't be hard to find the 63 coupe rear seats.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:35 AM

AMG
Don't know if it matters but I have only front bucket seats on my CBS. That was the only way to get Aero Package. And with that , I have a small label in my trunk saying "No more than 50kgs in the trunk" , wich is not the case with non-aero cars
If you add rear seats in a non-rear seats car , could that modify the basic car weight transfers etc.... ?
Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kaiba
Don't know if it matters but I have only front bucket seats on my CBS. That was the only way to get Aero Package. And with that , I have a small label in my trunk saying "No more than 50kgs in the trunk" , wich is not the case with non-aero cars
If you add rear seats in a non-rear seats car , could that modify the basic car weight transfers etc.... ?
Very interesting point, that is definetly something to take into consideration.

I love the CBS so much but so hard to obtain in Japan, I think only 30 were delivered to dealers out here.

I went to the Porsche dealership two days ago checking out the new '14 911 turbo-s but those rear seats are really useless, the CBS is perfect for me. The turbo-s is an amazing car but a little pricy with all the options I picked out. If I can't find a 4 seater CBS or buy the 2 seater and modify it, I may have to just order the Porsche. I'll give it a few months to think.

Thanks for the input!!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:32 PM
ATT

2012 C63 BS 2012 SLK 350 2014 CLA 45
Originally Posted by Kaiba
I was told by an AMG trained mechanic, the aero pack with wing is not recommend with the rear seat due to the down force and weight balance and all aero pack cars have no rear seat.
I checked my back seat, it is the same seat of the regular couple.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Series Back Seats