Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Auto X'd the C today.

anyone else do it?

This is my first time doing it in such a high powered RWD performance car. I've only driven hondas and my friends audi tts on a track/ at auto x before...so this is slightly new to me. Otherwise I've done some auto x for the last 2 years.

Anyways, the car. it is awesome! steering is perfect. very direct and quick. (although it could have more feed back), and the low end power is very good! no matter how tight the turn, there is always a great amount of power to pull you out of it.

I left the traction control in sport mode. It did very well to keep me in between the cones rather than killing them all with the rear end haha. made me look like i was a very good driver lol.

it is a very fun car to auto x. if you guys havent tried it I recommend you do!

here are some pictures.

also have one video of a not so good run from my go pro. forgot to film the others because i was getting so excited to run LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by natman316
anyone else do it?

This is my first time doing it in such a high powered RWD performance car. I've only driven hondas and my friends audi tts on a track/ at auto x before...so this is slightly new to me. Otherwise I've done some auto x for the last 2 years.

Anyways, the car. it is awesome! steering is perfect. very direct and quick. (although it could have more feed back), and the low end power is very good! no matter how tight the turn, there is always a great amount of power to pull you out of it.

I left the traction control in sport mode. It did very well to keep me in between the cones rather than killing them all with the rear end haha. made me look like i was a very good driver lol.

it is a very fun car to auto x. if you guys havent tried it I recommend you do!

here are some pictures.

also have one video of a not so good run from my go pro. forgot to film the others because i was getting so excited to run LOL
you missed a few cones

if you're coming from Hondas then absolutely, the difference is huge! gratz on the car
Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM

E46 M3,15 Yukon Denali,09 C63
I cant wait to take my C out to thunder hill here in norcal this yr...want to compare it to my E46 M3. For some reason I think I will pull better times in my E46 just becuae I am more comfortable in i an d I feel more connected to the road..I like the more responsive feel but the added power of the C will be fun
Old 04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by kaz109
I cant wait to take my C out to thunder hill here in norcal this yr...want to compare it to my E46 M3. For some reason I think I will pull better times in my E46 just becuae I am more comfortable in i an d I feel more connected to the road..I like the more responsive feel but the added power of the C will be fun
I think the steering in the C is very quick and responsive, but I dont know how it compares to the E46 since I've never driven one (only drove an E36 before)

I think the only challenging part with auto xing the c63 is that its quite large (or feels like it anyways) and sometimes I feel like i wont make it through the gates lol
Old 04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
I've AutoX'd my C63 and found the car was a little too long for the tighter courses that gets laid out, so you need to swing the tail out a little to clear the inside cones.

It's a ton of fun. I wish I had more time and dedication to run competitively again. I used to compete in a SLK32 AMG and the short wheelbase was awesome for AutoX.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 PM

2005 C55, 2006 Ram 2500 MegaCab diesel, sold 2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins, sold 87 190e-16v, sold 97 e420
So how did you fair? I get stuck in the Touring Sedan group with the CTS-V, Subaru's and EVO's. The EVO is 4 seconds clear of me but I am beating the STI's.

I got Koni's coming and going to switch to Nitto NT01's this year to be more competitive.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Looks fun! I have yet to try auto x'ing but one day. I'm stuck on twisty track fever right now!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by rage2
I've AutoX'd my C63 and found the car was a little too long for the tighter courses that gets laid out, so you need to swing the tail out a little to clear the inside cones.

It's a ton of fun. I wish I had more time and dedication to run competitively again. I used to compete in a SLK32 AMG and the short wheelbase was awesome for AutoX.
yeah it was scary in the tighter sections of the track. got a couple cone scuffs

Originally Posted by kent426
So how did you fair? I get stuck in the Touring Sedan group with the CTS-V, Subaru's and EVO's. The EVO is 4 seconds clear of me but I am beating the STI's.

I got Koni's coming and going to switch to Nitto NT01's this year to be more competitive.
I think the car did pretty well especially since I'm not so experienced with high powered rwd cars. I only lost to the auto x prepped cars with really good tires but I beat an EVO, a race prepped RSX, a older vette and mildly modded STI

my region isnt huge so there arent that many crazy cars that come out. I definitely think there is a lot more to come from the car though, although it could get harder if the track had more tight turns. I think I struggled the most in the chicago box because i was afraid to hit the cones since the car is relatively big (for auto x anyways). but slaloms and figure 8s were a piece of cake

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Looks fun! I have yet to try auto x'ing but one day. I'm stuck on twisty track fever right now!
You should try! its alot of fun although i still prefer track days. Cant wait to take this beast on to a proper race track