One year ownership impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 MB G63 AMG
One year ownership impressions

Greetings all,

Purchased an '11 Blk/BLK C63 last April. My Service A indicator light illuminated two weeks ago. Need to schedule the maintenance soonest.
I have just under 3k on the odometer. The car has been flawless (knock on wood).

I finally learned that I can lock the door by touching the door handle sensor w/o utilizing the key. I can also unlock the car by touching the inside of the handle. Of course, this can only be accomplished provided the key is in my pocket. I didn't know this until this past Sunday.

I've noticed of late that the tranny does indeed have, a modest delay, when engaging a given gear, which has started to annoy me.

I also feel the car is just a wee bit mild below 3k rpms. It's much better than the M3 but it is odd, considering the torque this car puts out, albeit, at a higher rpm than most big block engines... My Z06 comes to mind. Not a fair comparo, because the low end instant torque is always present in my Z06 b/c I would be in a lower gear...

I love the sound of the exhaust & the crackle upon decel. I love the seats and frankly, I also like the interior. The steering wheel is super cool! I also love the leather seats. First class leather. The car always smells so nice...

I've owned the AMG for one year, which is longer than any other sedan I've owned. This says a lot!

Outside of the lazy tranny (MY '11) & my perceived slight/mild low end torque (compared to the Z06), the C63 AMG is one awesome ride. It is the best all around performance sedan at a reasonable price point. You get panache, style, performance, exclusivity! What's not to like?

AMG: Alway Manage/Maintain Grin

Cheers all,

B
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/
Ben, thank you for a good read. Well written, good info. Sorry I can't address any of your concerns.
Keep enjoying!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by BenDiem
Greetings all,

Purchased an '11 Blk/BLK C63 last April. My Service A indicator light illuminated two weeks ago. Need to schedule the maintenance soonest.
I have just under 3k on the odometer. The car has been flawless (knock on wood).

I finally learned that I can lock the door by touching the door handle sensor w/o utilizing the key. I can also unlock the car by touching the inside of the handle. Of course, this can only be accomplished provided the key is in my pocket. I didn't know this until this past Sunday.

I've noticed of late that the tranny does indeed have, a modest delay, when engaging a given gear, which has started to annoy me.

I also feel the car is just a wee bit mild below 3k rpms. It's much better than the M3 but it is odd, considering the torque this car puts out, albeit, at a higher rpm than most big block engines... My Z06 comes to mind. Not a fair comparo, because the low end instant torque is always present in my Z06 b/c I would be in a lower gear...

I love the sound of the exhaust & the crackle upon decel. I love the seats and frankly, I also like the interior. The steering wheel is super cool! I also love the leather seats. First class leather. The car always smells so nice...

I've owned the AMG for one year, which is longer than any other sedan I've owned. This says a lot!

Outside of the lazy tranny (MY '11) & my perceived slight/mild low end torque (compared to the Z06), the C63 AMG is one awesome ride. It is the best all around performance sedan at a reasonable price point. You get panache, style, performance, exclusivity! What's not to like?

AMG: Alway Manage/Maintain Grin

Cheers all,

B
Get a tune and it should solve some of your tranny laziness and the perceived torque/power issue.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Glad to hear you are enjoying the car but still can't get my head around (1) you not knowing you had keyless go which presumably you had to order as an option and pay for and (2) only learning that you had it after 12 months of ownership. Did the salesman not give you a handover when you took delivery of the car??