C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
View Poll Results: Is the multimedia package worth it for $2790?
Yes, definitely worth it!
82.35%
No way, portable Garmin/cellphone is easier to use.
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Multimedia Package for $2790

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
2012 Multimedia Package for $2790

So I'm looking into special ordering the C63 AMG and am being hounded by the stealer to order the Navigation (aka Multimedia). From searching and reading other's NAV experience, it seems that it's a big waste of money. I've purchased built-in NAVs for my BMW and Porsches for around the same $3k price and came away pissed where my $250 Garmin or even cellphone is much easier to work with.

$2790 comes with these:
1. Rear view camera
2. Enhanced Voice Control Navigation with 80GB Hard Drive
3. 3D Map Views
4. 7-inch high resolution color LCD screen
5. Gracenote Media Database, including album cover art
6. In-dash DVD/CD Player and SD Memory Card Reader
7. 10GB Music Register
8. Sirius XM Traffic Service

So I figured I'd start this poll so that people can vote yea/nea to this $3k NAV option.

If someone bought a 2012 WITHOUT navigation, would you mind posting a pic of how the dash would look like without it? I'm interested to see what comes with the car if not the "7-inch LCD screen" as shown in #4 above.

Last edited by Mabuhay; 05-01-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Is the S32 package still available?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:14 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mabuhay
So I'm looking into special ordering the C63 AMG and am being hounded by the stealer to order the Navigation (aka Multimedia). From searching and reading other's NAV experience, it seems that it's a big waste of money. I've purchased built-in NAVs for my BMW and Porsches for around the same $3k price and came away pissed where my $250 Garmin or even cellphone is much easier to work with.

$2790 comes with these:
1. Rear view camera
2. Enhanced Voice Control Navigation with 80GB Hard Drive
3. 3D Map Views
4. 7-inch high resolution color LCD screen
5. Gracenote Media Database, including album cover art
6. In-dash DVD/CD Player and SD Memory Card Reader
7. 10GB Music Register
8. Sirius XM Traffic Service

So I figured I'd start this poll so that people can vote yea/nea to this $3k NAV option.

If someone bought a 2012 WITHOUT navigation, would you mind posting a pic of how the dash would look like without it? I'm interested to see what comes with the car if not the "7-inch LCD screen" as shown in #4 above.

Hey there,

I had a '10 C that did not have the MM package. I had the 5" screen. Like you, I did not deem it worth it to by a so-so nav or rear view cam or SD card etc. However, eventually, it annoyed me to no end that the screen I had was utterly worthless. It was there staring at me and taunting me. I know this is irrational, but I ended up buying a aftermarket screen that had built in GPS, touchscreen, SD slot and a rear view camera. Before I could install it, I switched cars to a '09 C that had MM (with pop out screen). While it's not the best system in the world, it does come in handy. I don't have the rear view installed but I plan on DYIing that soon. You can search the forums on how to do that for cheap.

Bottom line is, I like the MM. I like that the screen does have a usefulness that the 5" just didn't. Would I pay 3K for it? I don't know. But it was included in the car so I have it. Mind you I wouldn't have cared if it was not there since I went from a C300 to a C63! You'll have to make that call. Also, my cars are pre facelift. I'm not sure how they do MM vs. non-MM for the facelift Cs.

Good luck.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 AM

2019 Audi TT RS, 2020 BMW X3M Competition
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Is the S32 package still available?
I just picked mine up with S32 option...believe it was $930. Car was built in Jan.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Mine too - if that option is still available, it's a more cost effective way to get what youre looking for. Only thing missing is the rear view cam, which I didnt want anyway (or you can add for $500 or something if I remember right). Still cheaper than MM...not sure why MB did it this way.

The guys note above about the tiny screen staring him in the face every day is SPOT ON in my eyes. Would never ever ever ever ever buy this car without Nav. Screw having Garmin wires all over your dash, the car needs Nav.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 AM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
I believe the S32 is no longer available. I had it originally on my order, dealer screwed up my order and now I'm stuck with the multimedia package in order to get the nav.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
funny because when i was looking for my 2012....all there was was cars equipped with s32 and not MM. S32 includes command and navi and the screen etc but only a single disk. i forgot what else but at 900 bucks i think it is good value.

I dont know what the difference is between MM though except the rear cam was another 400 i think. also I believe MM had a 6cd changer while the S32 is single disk. Although my dealer said they are getting rid of 6cd changers so I was expecting them to get rid of MM and not s32...wierd
Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by biglee73
I believe the S32 is no longer available. I had it originally on my order, dealer screwed up my order and now I'm stuck with the multimedia package in order to get the nav.
Can someone tell me what S32 is?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
from my sticker:
S32 Command single disk Package
7.0 high resolution color display
comand system with hard drive navi
in dash single disk/dvd player
voice control
telephone and navigation
10gb hd for music download
in dash sd slot
grace note media database
sirius

MRSP 930

and if you want rear view camera its option 218 mrsp 460 usd
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I was one of the no votes. Now I do not have experience with the new Comand module, only the 09 one in my car, and to be honest, I am extremely disappointed with it. While yes it comes in handy for the NAV, you would think in 09 (well 08 really), with the technology available, the system would be far more functional then what it has in it, no HD radio, still using aux input and charging for ipod integration, mbrace at the time was rather sad..... I do not deem it worth it.

That said, because it is integrated in such a way, it is really difficult to put aftermarket head units in without causing the car to freak out (stupid canbus).

If you don't want to spend the time and money figuring out a far superior after market solution, and money is not an issue, then get it, but I do not think it is worth the money..

After having seen what Audi and Volvo (the Volvo one is really nice...), I cannot fathom why MB is still using this crap..
Old 01-21-2020, 12:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'08 Audi RS4
Bumping an old thread. I'm currently looking at a '12 car that has the S32 COMMAND Single Disc Package and the Rear view camera (218). It's my understanding that the screen size is the same as the Multimedia package, just missing the features below:
  • Enhanced Voice Control Navigation with 80GB Hard Drive
  • 3D Map Views
  • Sirius XM Traffic Service
Coming from a RS4 which didn't even have a backup camera, I'm guessing I'm not going to miss much of the above? Not to mention it looks like there is now support to add CarPlay to the '11-'15 W204 from companies like Naviplus and JoyeAuto/Kremersino. Is there anything I'm overlooking that would push me to holdout for a car with the Multimedia Package? TIA!