C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Do you notice a sound quality difference playing music from the Music Register?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Do you notice a sound quality difference playing music from the Music Register?

Curious to see if it is worth installing music onto it.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I have noticed that the radio itself does a poor job of accurately reproducing the music I listen to (lots of noise, power noise, heavy industrial type music) with lots of distortion.

If you are referring to the ability to record from the CD and drop it onto the register, then you should not really noticed a signal difference as they are using industry standard codacs. They remove the signals above and below the hearing range of the human ear and compress them slightly. Regular music will be fine, stuff I listen to results in some distortion when the frequency range goes from human audible to non audible right where the encoding cuts the signal off.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
I have noticed that the radio itself does a poor job of accurately reproducing the music I listen to (lots of noise, power noise, heavy industrial type music) with lots of distortion.

If you are referring to the ability to record from the CD and drop it onto the register, then you should not really noticed a signal difference as they are using industry standard codacs. They remove the signals above and below the hearing range of the human ear and compress them slightly. Regular music will be fine, stuff I listen to results in some distortion when the frequency range goes from human audible to non audible right where the encoding cuts the signal off.
Thanks! Now I have to figure out how to put it on there in the first place! With my Audison Bit One the sound quality is definitely enhanced over stock.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
music quality is much better compared to playing on your ipod but I think same as playing on the cd.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
I just started playing with the CD player and the Music Register. The music from a CD is much improved over my prior Mercedes, but not quite up to audiophile standards. The mid-range is quite rich, but the bass is a bit "fat" and the highs lack the clarity I am used to. But, all in all, its quite an excellent car system. I did some A-B comparisons between a well recorded CD and the same CD burned into the Music Register. There is very little difference in sound quality. To my ears, the highs and mid-ranges are almost identical. The only draw back is the bass suffers a tad and seems even less focused. In any event, this is only noticeable on well engineered CD's and generally only on acoustic pieces.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by LangeOne
I just started playing with the CD player and the Music Register. The music from a CD is much improved over my prior Mercedes, but not quite up to audiophile standards. The mid-range is quite rich, but the bass is a bit "fat" and the highs lack the clarity I am used to. But, all in all, its quite an excellent car system. I did some A-B comparisons between a well recorded CD and the same CD burned into the Music Register. There is very little difference in sound quality. To my ears, the highs and mid-ranges are almost identical. The only draw back is the bass suffers a tad and seems even less focused. In any event, this is only noticeable on well engineered CD's and generally only on acoustic pieces.
yeah i dont notice a different when I'm blasting techno music
Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Anyone know how long it would take to load a full MP3 CD? Or would a memory card be faster? I have 46GB of music on my iPod but I'd rather not try to load all of it via CD.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
I think the hardrive is only 10gb....and it wont make a differnce loading your iPod into your hard drive since its mp3. the reason it sounds better on hard drive is because you load your cd in which is in a better format than mp3.

also i dont think you can copy files from sd card to hdd